I have always been pleased with the quality of phones and the prices for the phone cards by Straight Talk. I loved straight talk. I had the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim. After owning it for about a year the phone suddenly stopped working. It would turn on and off. I called customer service, and after an hour long conversation I was finally approved for a replacement refurbished phone of the same model. They said I had to send my phone to them first (inconvenient) and I would have my new one back in 7 days or less. 10 days later the box is finally in my hands. I open it up. It's the wrong phone. They sent me a Samsung Galaxy Centura. I called them and they explained that they had run out of refurbished Samsung Galaxy Proclaims. They gave me a number to the manager's hotline and told me to call back occasionally to see if the Proclaim is back in stock, and to just use this phone until then. So here is a description of all the calls I've had in a month... Keep in mind that all the "progress" I made in each phone call happened after I had to explain my entire story, which took about 30 minutes before they understood.

Call 1 (about 4 days later)- They said they were still out of stock, and to call again.

Call 2 (about a week after the previous call)- The Samsung Galaxy Proclaim had been discontinued by the manufacturer and that I would have to settle for the phone they sent me.

Call 3 (1 day after previous call)- I called to see if I could send back the phone they sent me (because I hate it) and instead get a refund for the phone I sent them so I could buy a different phone. After much confusion, the lady made a "case" for the refund and said to call back 24-48 to see if it was approved.

Call 4 (2 days later)- Lady has no idea about a refund case. After arguing for a while she asks why I can't wait until the phone is back in stock... I said that they told me it was discontinued. Nope, just out of stock at the moment. Call back later.

Call 5 (1 week later)- Called to see if it was in stock. Nope. Call back again.

Call 6 (4 week later)- Called to see if it was in stock. Nope. Call back again.

Call 7 (2 weeks laters)- Called to see if it was in stock. "No, the manufacturer has found a defect in the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim. I cannot tell you how soon we'll be getting the phone back in stock." "So you're never gonna get anymore proclaims?" "That is correct" So again I've been told that the phone is discontinued.

After this call I went online to StraightTalk.com and saw that they were indeed still selling the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim.

Call 8 (ONLY 5 MINUTES LATER)- I called ripping *** about being lied to again and again for over a month. I questioned her why the phone is discontinued but still being sold online. She said she the phone is not discontinued and that I can buy one online if I want. (I don't want to f***ing buy one online, you guys owe me one). She explained that they were waiting to send me a refurbished one. I said well you guys have put me through so much *** that you should just give me a new one. Oh no, they can't do that, that's against policy! "So I understand it's been 30 days since you sent us your broken phone?" "Yes." "Well, we can issue you a refund instead. Let me just look into the case really quickly." At this point I breathed a sigh of relief. I WAS FINALLY GOING TO GIVE SOMETHING. So I asked if I would have to send the replacement phone back to get the refund. "What replacement phone?" I DON'T KNOW MAYBE THE PHONE I'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THE ENTIRE CONVERSATION... So she goes on to tell me that they have no record of sending me a replacement Samsung Galaxy Centura. She asks for the case number which I got the first time I called. (This was the first time anyone had asked for it.) I give it to her. She says that when she typed it in it said error. (Well, what do you want me to do about it, ***?) Finally, she tells me that her records indicate that I never sent them a phone. 5 minutes later she says I was never approved for a replacement phone. !?!?!?!?!?!?! She goes, "so you do have a phone in your hand right now from us?" "YES." She asks for the serial number and I give it to her. She works for a while and says - "I updated the case so that it says you were approved for a phone, you did send us a phone, and we did send you a phone. Now, about that refund we were working on before," "Yes?" "Since we have sent you a replacement phone, you are not eligible for a refund." I was *** pissed. Basically by telling the truth I screwed myself out of a refund that I believe I deserve. I have probably been on the phone with them for a total of 8 hours since I sent them my phone. Every time I call I get led to a dead end. She just told me to keep calling back to see if they have the Proclaim back in stock yet.

I honestly don't know what to do. I have tried everything I can think of to get what I was promised in the first phone call and they will NOT make any exception. I have never in my life faced a company that makes you feel helpless. STRAIGHT TALK CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABSOLUTELY HORRID. I ADVISE YOU NOT TO BUY STRAIGHT TALK CELL PHONES, YOU'LL EVENTUALLY HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME.

So if any of you are facing problems with Straight Talk Customer Service and you don't have the number to their (***) Manager's Hotline...

1-866-806-1840 Passcode 254 316

Call and *** to them! Good luck!

Review about: Straight Talk Wireless Cell Phone Activation.

Had an Experience with Straight Talk Wireless?

Comments

Horrible customer service half or more don't know what they are doing or talking about.....

MariaST
to Anonymous #1158298

Hi.I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble.To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States #829988

I am also having a similar run around after my Proclaim quit.I was sent a reconditioned Centura which is so full of bugs it barely functions.

It freezes, changes time randomly, kicks me off the net, is VERY slow, and many other annoyances. It also doesn't have all the features the Proclaim had. I complained and they had me mail back the Centura and sent me a second Centura which worked for a week before having the very same issues as the first replacement. Their only solution is to continue to have me return the defective ones so they can send out yet other reconditioned Centuras.

There is no other remedy - "it is policy." I tried to make do with this second one but it is absolutely useless. I have to send it back. It's insane. If I could afford a better customer service oriented company that gets good coverage out in my area I'd switch carriers in a second.

But I can't so I'm stuck.It's horrid.

MariaST
to dresan #831358

Hi, this is Maria and I work for Straight Talk.I can help you get this resolved right away.

Please email us your contact information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

Include your name, contact number, cell phone or serial number.Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW .

Helenwood, Tennessee, United States #795516

Same thing happen to me I sent them my proclaim without even telling me they send me a centura now they said I'm stuck with it I paid 200 dollars for my proclaim you can buy them centuras for 99 dollars at Walmart the lady said that I was out 100 dollars

Seattle, Washington, United States #793502

I wholeheartedly agree that Straight Talk is HORRIBLE!!!!I was with them for a few years and then moved over to Metro PCS and attempted to port my number from Straight Talk to Metro.

After three weeks I still could not receive calls.

After dozens of calls to both companies, a Metro PCS porting expert finally got Straight Talk to release my number.Now, two weeks later, I still do not get texts to my new PCS phone; they all go to my old Straigt Talk phone.

Bottom line: DON'T EVER GO WITH STRAIGHT TALK; YOU MAY NEVER BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE THEM.

John Philbrook