Rye, New Hampshire
1.3

This company overcharged me twice (once on 8/28, and once on 10/29) both times I was supposed to be charged $45 and they charged me $47.70. I did not notice it on my August bank statement, but I noticed it right away on my October statement because I did not have any money left after they overcharged me.

I did an on line chat immediately and the rep told me they overcharged me before, and that I had to call 866-806-1840 for a refund. I called and was on the phone for a really long time. I was told that someone would call me back within 24 hours. Nobody did, so I called again on 11/12 and was told that I had to e-mail a tax exempt certificate to taxexempt@tracfone.com.

I live in NH and we don't have sales tax so my state does not issue tax exempt certificates per my government's web site (http://revenue.nh.gov/assistance/resale-exempt-certs.htm) but I e-mailed that page to them because the supervisor I spoke with told me they do not have access to the internet. (Really??) The rep I spoke with on 11/12 told me I would have a refund in 3-5 business days. I sent the e-mail with the link showing I cannot get a tax exempt certificate because everyone in NH is exempt from sales tax on 11/13. I called again tonight and spoke with someone named Graceland claiming to be a manager.

She could not confirm if my refund has been processed. She refused to transfer me to her supervisor because they do not get on the phone. According to my bank I have not received a refund at all. She told me I have to wait 30 days to see if it has been.

They only owe me $5.40 total, but I am not the only person in NH with a straightalk phone, and NH is not the only state in the US that does not have a sales tax. If I buy the phone cards in the store they are $45 not $47.70.

They should not be allowed to skim $2.70 from people who pay on line just because we pay on line.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Internet Service.

Reason of review: Ripped off and lied to about refund after hours on the phone with inept customer service reps..

Straight Talk Wireless Cons: Lied to by employees, Multiple long phone calls and promises issue would be resloved.

• Useless Customer Service

Comments

I have sent multiple e-mails, but I just sent one to you at the address below. Please refund what you have overcharged me.

I should not have to keep calling and e-mailing like I have been since the end of October.

MariaST

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.