Verified Reviewer

2.4

Update by user Jan 09

I am glad to point out the unacceptable customer service and deception of straight talk wireless, but, I am going to just move on--and no they did not come through on giving me the rewards that I was due.

Original review posted by user Dec 10, 2019

My activity rewards screen on Straight Talk website/my acct shows 7000 rewards points earned for an extra line, at and around the same time I bought a new iphone 6 s through Straight Talk's partner, Smartpay, with monthly pmts being made by me for the iphone. The rewards of 7000 points earned should be for a new phone, not an extra line.

I called their customer service and the man saw the 7000 points reward on the screen, but, said I couldn't redeem it because it showed extra line added. He ended up not cooperating. HE EVEN SAID THAT HE COULD ADD THE 7000 POINTS REWARD EARN REDEEMABLE TO ME, BUT, HE WOULDN'T. I ASKED TO SPEAK TO A SUPV., BUT THAT WAS TAKING A LONG TIME.

I told him that it is not my fault of reason of earning rewards (it is their fault) and that the 7000 points were shown right there on the screen, he saw it on his end-the points.

I told him that was bad business, (the points not IMMEDIATELY added to me to redeem)! After waiting still for a supv., I complained more to him, and shortly after, he hung up on me!

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

underfireband

My issue has not been resolved, yet, and Straight Talk apologized to me for the unpleasant experience with my rewards points and Straight Talk's service. So again, my issue has not been resolved, yet, of getting 7,000 rewards points, for PURCHASING A NEW IPHONE 6S-WITH YOUR PARTNER; SMARTPAY-, AROUND SEPT.

6, 2019, AND REWARDS APPEARED AROUND SEPT. 13TH. THIS WAS NOT ADDING AN ANOTHER LINE( I DE-ACTIVATED OLD PHONE ), AND ACTIVATED THE NEW IPHONE AT THE SAME TIME. SO, SHOULD BE NEW PHONE REWARD AND NOT ADD ANOTHER LINE, OF 7,000 POINTS!

PLEASE ADD THESE 7,000 REWARDS POINTS TO MY STRAIGHT TALK ACCOUNT, IN AGREEMENT WITH YOUR MESSAGE SAYING YOU WANT TO COME THROUGH WITH GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RESOLVE MY ISSUE, OF GETTING MY DUE 7,000 REWARDS POINTS IN PLACE ON MY STRAIGHT TALK ACCOUNT!

Thank You! John Reese

MariaST

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We sincerely apologize to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience with your Rewards Points and our service. We always aim to deliver a great experience. We are gutted when we miss the mark. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

If your issue is not yet resolved, please contact us via chat at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call 1-877-430-2355 for immediate assistance. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews