1.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I have had the absolute worst experience with your Straight Talk Customer service. I am absolutely appalled and you should be embarrassed for the way this company handles customers issues.

I have spent several hours total with your customer service and was told that my issue is not valid for a refund. Please pull my transcripted calls and you will see how frustrating it was to deal with them. First of all you outsource to a different country that I can barely understand what they are saying. When I can finally get to someone I can understand, they are not helpful.

They transferred me more than 6 times total between the 2 times I have called. I purchased a sim card and a service plan. I got the sim card in the mail but no service plan card. When I called to activate the sim card they didn't believe me that I didn't receive a service card in the mail.

When they finally did, I made sure to tell them I wanted to keep my own phone number. At the end of the 2 hour call they told me I had a new phone number. I was extremely upset and advised them I told them I did not want a new number I wanted to keep my own. So I was transferred around spoke to a supervisor who said they will send me a new sim card and to call them when I get it and they will just add the service plan they seen I purchased and will activate a new account for me.

I did not use the first sim card. I threw it away. I recently found out I have herniated discs in my neck and have been to doctors every week for the last 2 months, if you don't believe me, I will gladly provide records. Not only that but I dreaded calling your customer service back because of the torture I went through with my first phone call.

I called today to finally activate the new/replacement sim card and they once again had a hard time finding any information about my first phone call and argued with me about how they couldn't help me because I didn't have the original sim card number(I threw it out because I was getting the new one). I was transferred around to this rep and that rep and this supervisor. I finally said you know what forget it, I don't want an active account with straight talk I want my money back. I was told several times you don't owe me a refund because it's beyond 30 days the account is inactive and also because I didn't call within 30 days to activate the second sim card that was sent to me I'm not entitled to a refund.

I did not use any of straight talks data or services on the first sim card and I never could get the second sim card activated. It's not my fault your service reps didn't listen to my request the first time when I said I wanted to keep my phone number and not get a new one. Nor did I know I had 30 days to activate the second one that was sent me.

I asked your rep how they would feel if they spent $50 dollars on a product they NEVER used if they would expect their money back and I was told that they would have followed the rules and would have called within 30 days. I spent $51.90 for a service plan and a sim card that I never used and I expect my money back.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Prices of their plans.

I didn't like: Customer serive and refund issues, Language issues, Transferred numerous times, Refused a refund for data unused.

Comments

MariaST

Hi SophisticatedLynx247. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience you are going through. We understand where you are coming from and why you have come up with such decision. However, we respect your decision very much, but we hope you would still reconsider and allow us to fix the problem. Allow us to re-investigate and know more about your concern so that we can best provide a resolution.

Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.