I recently left Straight Talk after several years as a customer. Here is what I wrote them when they asked me why...

First, it is a shame that you did not care to contact me when I was having problems. But now that I am leaving, you want to know why. That alone says quite a bit about your customer service.

I am very disappointed in your customer service. I am sure you know why, but I will add that while they have been well-trained to be polite, it is rare that they are actually helpful. They know very little, so they mostly repeat standard customer service jargon.

Last, after having been with you for several years (two phone lines and three phone purchases), you refused to unlock my phone.First the rep told me that he 'could not' unlock it. After I told him that was not true, he said he would check its eligibility. Then he said it was not eligible due to 'the government.' When I told him that I had checked the FCC agreement with Straight Talk about unlocking, then he finally admitted that it was Straight Talk policy. I asked if he would consider an exception to policy in this case, he said "no, you have your answer" and then he hung up.

That was the last straw for me. I am done with your company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Customer Care.

Preferred solution: unlock my phone.

I didn't like: Given the runaround, Unwilling to help, Rude.

Comments

MariaST
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk. Please let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away.