4.0
Coverage Area
Style and Design

My high speed data was cut from 4g to 2g because I went over my data limit. After contacting customer service and informed them that the reason I've been using so much data is because I live in Eastern North Carolina and power, TV and phones are out due to hurricane Florence and I have been streaming news and radio.

I asked if they could restore my high speed data and all I keep hearing is "you used all your data for the month"... Way to go Straight Talk in all your support to hurricane Florence victims!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Customer Care.

Comments

I called Straight Talk to find out what they are doing about those of us in Florida who are dealing with the aftermath ofhurricane Michael. The repeated answer I received was 'I can not give you free service.' If the Verizon network is going to be free for three months down here, straight talk is making pure profit off of their customers.

This, I am certain, is illegal. Worst customer service.

Why should you get special treatment? What makes you more deserving then the little old lady or homeless person who runs out of data?

You chose to stream and used up your data, PERIOD!! Just because you have some hardship doesn’t make you more deserving then anyone else who has used up their data. Printed news on your device doesn’t eat much data. But since you chose to willingly stream then you get to deal with WAITING TO LOAD.

You can still get online and you can still stream. It will just take longer. How about stop looking for creature comforts and freebies from a company that is just there to make a buck. They don’t have to do squat to help you as they have their own infrastructure issues to deal with after a storm.

I swear ANY hardship and you people start begging and whining.

Toughen up a bit a deal with slower data. It’s not food/water/air.

to Durpa #1585789

Some people need to watch the news during to storm to keep updated on where the storm was, and to be able to fill out forms online for assistance with repairs for damages. Don't be rude, you female dog.

They aren't doing anything to help people effected by hurricane michael either. I used up all my data because I have no Internet and was told there is nothing they could do.

Apparently Straight Talk customers affected by Hurricane Michael are in the same situation. All the other cell services are waiving fees for 3 months but when I called Straight Talk, the customer service rep said they do not have any email or other communication authorizing free service due the hurricane. My family has 3 straight talk accounts :(

to Colleen Sinor Port St Joe #1585790

Yeah, I got told there is nothing we can do than they tried to sell me a more expensive straight talk service.

So I guess straight talk is the only carrier NOT helping customers after hurricane Florence. Not surprising at all. I'm sure many customers like myself used all data during this storm due to power outages.

to Kayla #1566102

Hi Kayla. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I noticed your post on this blog, and I'm sorry that you are having problems. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

This company has done nothing for hurricane victims...my phone was not working....had very limited to no service....couldn't find out what was going on...had no power and no service...boost mobile paid for 1 month of service to hurricane victims....other companies are doing things as well...it shows who is there when it counts!!!!Not this company!!!!

to Wanda #1566105

Hi Wanda. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. Let us help you fix your phone. For further assistance, please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355.

Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information.

MariaST

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

As of now, we are currently waiting for an update from our higher office about providing a compensation for the hurricane victims. Don't worry, we will keep you posted once we are update by our management. You may reach us back using this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

to MariaST #1585551

I was told there is nothing they could do so the information is useless.

MariaST

Hi Valued Customer. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Please accept our deepest apology for the inconvenience that you have faced with our service. Allow us to check on your account so we can further assist you with it. To do this, please send us a message through this chat link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

MariaST

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered with your data. We'd like an opportunity to review your account so we can provide the best resolution for this issue. Please contact us via chat at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

MariaST

Hi. My name is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I noticed your complaint and I want to help you. For further assistance, please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.