I purchased a phone through Straightalk for my daughter a few months ago. I went on auto refill to ensure her phone would not run out of minutes.

My daughter then added her debit card and we were assured the monthly charge would be taken out of her card. I asked that my card information be removed, they told me it had been. Well, my card continues to be charged every month. I called Straightalk for the second time requesting again that my card be removed from her account.

I stated I was not authorizing anymore payments on my card. Again, I was told the card was removed. The next month, I saw 2 charges on my bank statement! I called AGAIN, and explained that I wanted the situation taken care of immediately.

They told me they DID NOT take out any payments! I told them they certainly did, as I had the proof. They again stated they did not withdraw off my card!!!!! Yesterday, I saw yet again ANOTHER charge on my card.

My daughter told me she had received a email stating they were going to withdraw from her account the following day, which they did. SO, they took out from both of our cards $48.29! I called ONCE AGAIN, and got absolutely nowhere with the person I was speaking with. I asked to speak with a supervisor.

I was connected to a man named Ivan. He stated they did not take money out of my card, even though it was pending. I requested a refund on my card, which I was told would be done. I called my bank, telling them the nature of my problem with Straightalk.

I was told I needed to sign a form so there would be a stop on any future payments. This will cost me an additional $30 to do! I am beyond frustrated, Straightalk is stealing my money, unauthorized withdrawals. STAY AWAY FROM STRAIGHTALK!!!!!!

IMy next step is contacting BBB. They are thieves.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

MariaST

Hi ErraticBologneseDog. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I read your post. Please accept our deepest apology for all the issues that you have faced with our service. We are determined to help you get this resolved. Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. We look forward to working with you.

MariaST

Hi, ErraticBologneseDog. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We read your post, and we are sorry you are having some problems. Please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO for further assistance.

For your convenience, our representatives are available Mondays to Sundays from 08:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word Help to 611611.