Featured

Terrible Company That Scams You Out of SIM Card

Straight Talk Wireless - Terrible Company That Scams You Out of SIM Card
Explore video interviews
Advertisements
Straight Talk Wireless - Terrible Company That Scams You Out of SIM Card - Image 2
Straight Talk Wireless - Terrible Company That Scams You Out of SIM Card - Image 3

I have a tragic tale to tell you folks about the company known as Straight Talk. For those of you that are not in the know, Straight Talk wants you to get a separate phone line so that way, it is "guaranteed" for them.

It matters not for this company, as this company wants to CHARGE YOU for the SIM CARD! Yes, you read this right, CHARGE YOU FOR THE SIM CARD!

I have chatted with two individuals (Customer Support) on resolving this, and the process ended up the same: "escalating this to their 'technical department'". I have ended up reviving my phone line for the dead for a chance to get my service up and running. That turned out to be a complete failure.

What I ended up doing is getting under my mother's plan (I know, not the best of options).

At least I am walking away from this a brand new iPhone 13 user. I already had enough experience from Google devices (Android phones/tablets) as it is.

Here is my PSA to you boys and girls:

* Make sure you have a new debit card planned at least two-three months BEFORE it expires.

* Make sure you already get billed with the ACTIVE CURRENT DEBIT CARD BEFORE you switch/activate your new debit card.

* Most importantly, make sure you get billed with the new debit card when you decide to switch over.

Unfortunately for me, my debit card already arrived MUCH LATER than I anticipated. Therefore, I couldn't get the account updated, and I had to suffer with a deactivated SIM CARD.

Please do yourself a favor, and never go with a company that decides to CHARGE you for a BRAND NEW SIM CARD.

These are professional thieves, and they are willing to steal money from your wallet!

My condolensces to those that are affected by this horrible company that is (now) part of Verizon's network. Make of it what you will.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Good website
  • Excellent rewards
Cons:
  • Terrible customer support
  • Attempting to charge me for sim card

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay the *** away from this company!

MariaST

Hi Steven. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We read your post and we'd like to apologize for the issues you encountered with our service. Please know that this is not the kind of service we want our customers to experience. We would like to speak with you for further investigation in your account and provide you a concrete resolution for this. Aside from calling our hotline number, you may also contact us via chat at https://***/support/contact.

You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. We'll be looking forward to working with you.

Steven Krieger
reply icon Replying to comment of MariaST

Hello Maria! This is Steven Krieger, and I would like to say that I am canceling my Straight Talk account this month.

If this is the kind of service I am getting, what is the point of it? I had no problems receiving SIM Cards for no additional charge.

On top of that, I cannot find my account number without chatting to someone. This is not what I want from a phone company.

View more comments (1)
Allan R Zfy

| map-marker Newburgh, New York

Paid $50.00. For 8 days service now they won't fix my phone

I've been calling was hung up on 6 times. Got thru after 2 days to Corp.

No help. So I'm screwed and it hurts me on fixed income lost the monthly fee and now must buy new phone

User's recommendation: Get another provider

MariaST

Hi, Allan R Zfy. Please be informed that this is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. We totally understand how frustrating this might have been on your end. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the trouble you have gone through with this issue. We know you have spoken with our customer service representatives and feel that your issue is not being handled quickly enough.

It is not our intention to delay a resolution. We are hoping that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves so we can help you out. Please chat with us via this link https://***/support/contact.

For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word SUPPORT to 611611.

map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Straight Talk is HORRIBLE!!!!!! Corporate contact info

Straight Talk is Beyond Horrible!

After only 1 month, my phone stopped working. It would not recognize that I added the unlimted $45 card to it. The phone was purchased new from Walmart.

I called the customer DIS service department and they saw that their system did recognize that I did add minutes but my phone did not.

So, after spending LITERALLY 12 HOURS and 15 minutes on the phone with the Straight Talk customer DIS service department (that is what I call them now) over the course of approximatley 8-10 different phone calls... Still NOTHING was resolved. They gave me codes to put into my phone NUMEROUS times despite the fact that it didn't work the previous day that I talked to them and was told to do that.

So, as of today, I have not have ANY cell phone service for 18 days(almost 3 weeks). 3 Weeks that I paid for!

Straight Talk wanted me to send my phone back to them. So, they took 5 plus days to send me an airbill fed ex package so I could mail them my phone. I sent it on Thursday and it was received at Straight talk the next day.

So, I waited about a week and called them to see where my phone was... I was told 3 different things by 3 different people.. The best was by a supervisor who told me that I would have a new phone on my doorstep in 3 days. BUT, when I asked him if the phone was shipped from their warehouse, he said I DON"T KNOW! I asked him.. how can you tell me I will have my new phone in 3 days when you don't even know if it was shipped or not???? He could not understand this concept at all!!!!

He could not give me a tracking number .. b/c there was none!

BOTTOM LINE... I filed an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org and within 24 hours I had the Better Business Bureau liason at Straight talk and she personally called me at my work number and walked to the warehouse and got a new phone herself changed my number to that phone, made sure it worked. She is also sending it to me OVERNIGHT.

She is in the Corporate Office in Miami, Florida.

I also asked that I get a month FREE for all the aggravation and she agreed to do that.

This is her contact info

Main phone 800 876 **** x 6175

or 305-715-**** x 6175

fax 305-715-****

Her name is Karen Calderon

email is kcalderon@***.com

She is the Better Business SPecialist with Trac Fone Wireless.. This is who is the parent company of Straight Talk and who you ultimately need to deal with if you have a problem with Straight Talk.

I am posting this b/c I am thoroughly disgusted with the way I was treated by the foreign customer service department who are like zombies reading from a script no matter what you say to them.

I hope this helps someone.

Guest

IObit Start Menu 8 Pro 6.0.1.1 Crack is a simple application that is used almost all over the world to make windows visible and look stunning when other operators open the user window and open the user window start menu .https://***/iobit-start-menu-8-crack-key-download/

Guest

Magic Photo Recovery Crack is an amazing application which is used all over the world. This app is designed for users who take photos on important occasions and create different types of photo editing studios.https://***/magic-photo-recovery-crack-download/

Edwardo Jqp

Revo Uninstaller Pro Crack is the deeply grounded programming and helps it's clients a ton to uninstall every one of the superfluous applications and undesirable projects. This product has exceptionally straightforward and simple point of interaction and empowers you to dispose of unuseful projects and makes your own framework more exact.

It very easy to use. This application is a very brilliant and excellent software used in the all over world.

Many software available our website you can any time free download. https://***/{{Redacted}}

Johnhenry Osj

I have been a new customer for about 2 weeks with this same issue, everything you stated is true af and no matter what you do or say, each person have you do the same thing. My expensive phone 3 sim cards later my *** still not working.

I have no data usage when away from home and at home I have my own wifi. No MMS text messages can be sent or received individually or a group.

Can not send group text with or without a picture, and cannot send individual text messages as of today they call themselves working on my phone, the more they work the less I have. I have 2 straighttalk phones now and if they dont hurry and fix mine, these are straight up donated for emergency calls only.

reply icon Replying to comment of Johnhenry Osj

Hi Johnhenry Osj. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with our service.

If your issue is still unresolved, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support. We're available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Guest

Straight talk is in fact, a very horrible company. People need to stay clear of them. Mark A.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2088201

Hi PissedConsumer2088201. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Our apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you. As your service provider, this is definitely not how we want you to feel. Give us another chance to make things right for you. To assist you, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support.

We're available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

You may also text the key word HELP to 611611. Thank you.

An B Ksc

Same has happened

Guest

I just went through 8 out of the country customer no service reps no resolve. I got a number with some guys name that they were unable to change.

Never left Walmart returned the phone would not give me the money back for the service card attached to the phone. Not too much money it’s the principle. Nor Walmart wouldn’t even help. EF STRAIGHT TALK.

EF WALMART. NEVER GOING BACK

Guest

I would never bend over backwards to help you out either. Maybe you should just use a different phone service.

View more comments (236)
Angela B Tmu

Verified Reviewer

SIM Cards not delivered & now lost???

Straight Talk Wireless - SIM Cards not delivered & now lost???
Straight Talk Wireless - SIM Cards not delivered & now lost??? - Image 2

I ordered 2 SIM cards from Straight Talks website on Feb 6th with a 2 day air delivery shipping. It was promised by email that it would be delivered 1 to 3 business days after shipping date which was on Feb 7th.

It was first showing my package to be delivered on Feb 9th by 7 pm. The first time I tracked the package was on Feb 9th but it was after 7 pm before I did so. Confused I decided to check it again the next morning & only message for delivery status was "On the way" "processing at local facility". I continued to check everyday but it wasnt until Feb 14th the message for delivery status changed to "information not available"!

I tried contacting Straight Talk through the online chat & after explaining everything was told I would need to callin which is crazy considering I dont have an active phone due to not having been delivered the 2 SIM cards. I was able to call on Feb 16th & once I finally reached a live rep, she kept asking me for a phone number or IMEI number to locate account. I tried explaining several "6" times that I had no number nor did I have a device saved to my account & if she could locate by email or Order # it would be more helpful. She then begin arguing & proceeded to ask me how was she suppose to locate my account with no phone number or IMEI number!

I explained to her that I did not know that I wasn't the one who worked for Straight Talk that she was so that something an employee should know how to do. I asked for her to let me speak with a supervisor or anyone that might know how to locate my account without that info. She then wanted to argue about why did I need a supervisor & she needs a phone number to locate my account! I asked at minimum 6 times i believe to be transferred to a supervisor & when she proceeded to keep arguing I stated I was going to hang up & call back to see if I could get a different rep with more experience than her.

I was calling Straight Talk back when my phone rang & it was her again still asking me for my phone number or IMEI number to locate my account! While I received a discounted rate for the SIM cards totaling to $2.12, the amount of money doesn't matter so much as the principle of the issue! I was argued with, given no information on what to do about my package, not 1 rep volunteered to help me in the process other than my brother! My next step is to file a claim so it will be investigated & hopefully bring resolution to this matter.

All I really want are my SIM cards & better training for the reps that work at Straight Talk!

I will accept a refund but for me to be a completely satisfied customer then the $$ alone will not be enough! They are going to have to offer cash $$ or discounted rates for items specifically made for my brand cell phone at the time of purchase!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Great coverage
  • Quality cell phones
  • Good price
Cons:
  • Not satisfied
  • Uneducated call representatives
  • Good until you need help

Preferred solution: I want my 2 SIM cards so I can have an active phone & I really feel that more training plus courses be made available for free in different areas!

User's recommendation: Make sure to just go to a physical store over online ordering!

Tommy N Wvp

Verified Reviewer

Techinal support. They have gave me the consist run around for 2 days now, my new phone still doesn't work

I've been a really happy straight talk customer for 15+ years now. With that said, I have a Samsung note 9 that I need as my new phone.

I bought a new sim card as advised from talking to straight talk customer support. As soon as my new sim card came in the mail, I contacted techinal support to switch my straight talk number to my newer unlocked note 9. I've been on the phone for 2 evening in a row now and techinal support just gives up on getting my phone working(phone wont call out and i get "network not registered " message. They will have me go threw the common steps at first and then transfer me to a higher department to talk to another person in which I go threw the same steps with that person until it gets to the point where they tell me that they are gonna enter some information and I'll get a call back in 15 mins on my call back number.

So when I get the call back from them, it's someone different and we start the same steps over and over that I went threw when I first called to begin with, I explain this to them and let them continue to do their process and they act like they understand, and then after a few of the same steps I've already tried and tried and tried they will say the same thing about a call back or tell me turn m6 phone off for 15 mins and then it will work. This has happened 2 nights in a row now for 3 hours back and forth each night.

They close at 12pm. So tonight at 11:40 after talking with 3 different ppl they tell me turn off the phone for 15-20 mins and you will be able to call out(which i felt like was bs, and i even expressed that i keep getting told this over and over and that im borrowing the phone from my friend just to be able to talk to customer support to begin with.its been over an hiur and it doesnt work So I don't know what else to do now except try this review...and I've been polite with them and they lie to get me off the phone and never fix the issue

Loss:
Pros:
  • Good cell tower service
Cons:
  • Good luck getting a difficult issue resolved
  • Customer support

Preferred solution: Someone to fix my issue from techinal support.

User's recommendation: Go with phone carriers with good customer support

MariaST

Hi Guest-250****. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Our apologies for the inconvenience that you encountered while trying transfer your phone number to your new SIM card. As your service provider, this is not what we want you to experience. We can schedule you a callback to the Corporate Department to escalate the issue. To do this, we will need to ask for your alternate contact number and the best time we can call you.

For security purposes, we do not advise our customers to post their contact information through this channel. Kindly send your contact details via the chat link https://***/support/contact, or by calling 1-877-430-****.

Guest

Update: I called and talk to a customer representative at the 1-877-430-**** #. I talked to someone with knowledge and got to the source of the problem right away.

Tech support told me from the first time I called them(I had to buy a new sim card) to transfer my # to my new phone.

I was advised tonight that I need to buy another new sim card bc techinal support "activated" my new sim instead of a transfer(if that makes sense) thank you all here at pissedconsumer and I will give another update when my new sim shows up and everything gets sorted out. But evidently instead of my phone # and sim settings transfered to my new phone....tech support activated it instead of "transfer" and that's the problem....

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2502682

Hi, Guest-250****. Please be informed that this is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Please be informed that this is not an automated message. This message is sent from Straight Talk Wireless to ensure that any previous concerns or questions you may have raised have been addressed satisfactorily. We want to reiterate that this communication serves as a follow-up, aimed at guaranteeing your complete satisfaction with our service. By the time that you'll received the new SIM card, and you need help to sort things out or associate the SIM number to your account.

Rest assured that we'll be more than willing to help you with that. If there are any occurring issues or if you have additional concerns you'd like to discuss, please do not hesitate to reach out to us through the information provided below. Your feedback is of utmost importance to us, as we continuously strive to enhance your experience with Straight Talk Wireless. Thank you for your continued support, and we remain dedicated to assisting you promptly and effectively.

Aside from calling our hotline number, you may also contact us via chat at https://***/support/contact. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. We'll be looking forward to working with you soon.

MariaST

Hi Tommy N. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We read your post and we'd like to apologize for the issues you encountered with our service and customer support. Please know that this is not the kind of service we want our customers to experience. We would like to speak with you for further investigation in your account and provide you a concrete resolution for this. Aside from calling our hotline number, you may also contact us via chat at https://***/support/contact.

reply icon Replying to comment of MariaST

Not yet, I'm still waiting on my new sim card to come in the mail. Supposed to be here April 1st.

This has been a big hassle for such a simple phone transfer but I do appreciate you Maria. Thank you.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2507660

Hi Guest-250****. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

reply icon Replying to comment of AlexTrac

Maria I received my new sim card in the mail and called yesterday evening to get number transferred to the new phone. And they still didn't get it working correctly.

The lady told me to turn my phone off for 30 minutes and someone in a higher department would call me back. When I received the call back it said they were closed. Can you please give me a direct number to call to have this fixed please.

My phone won't call out and says network not registered. I'm having to use someone else's phone in the evening to call customer support so this is a real hassle.

reply icon Replying to comment of AlexTrac

Hi Guest-251****. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

View more comments (7)
Daniel S Amj

| map-marker Walnut Creek, California

Charge to much money

Straight Talk Wireless - Charge to much money
Straight Talk Wireless - Charge to much money - Image 2
I got charged yesterday for two $35 refill cards and I want one my cashapp says it one 2:01 pm yesterday and one a little later after! I dont have money to give I would like to keep using Straight Talk but would like my funds put back on my cashapp please Thank yo

User's recommendation: Refund money put back on cashapp

MariaST

Hi Daniel. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Tangela D Rkj

Verified Reviewer

Worst phone experience and customer service experience I ever experienced

Ever since my last review I called in to pay my bill and the customer service representative ask for my credit card information five times then he proceeded to ask for the PIN then he proceeded to ask for my credit card information a third time which I did not give it to him and I asked for his supervisor he kept me on the phone hostage for about an hour and a half I could not talk to anybody when I called back after I got off the phone with him it seemed like everyone was on his side that's the reason why I said I do not like straight talk because it is run by a bunch of foreigners so around 10:00 p.m. that night I got a charge to my credit card for $120 basically one of straight Talk representative try to take my card information and charge it when I try to report this information they gave me a run around till this morning and then they try to force me into a phone plan that I did not have the money for I was calling to get the $25 plan they told me no I had to get the $35 plan they was real nasty to me the worst customer service experience and the worst phone service ever I do not recommend I do not care what they say or what they do I do not recommend this phone service to nobody they literally had me crying on the phone and they did not care this is the most heartless phone service company ever

Cons:
  • Very rude and non english speaking

User's recommendation: Run and never look back because if you want to be treated like crap go with this company

MariaST

Hi, Tangela D Rkj. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We totally understand how frustrating this might have been on your end. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the trouble you have gone through with our customer service. We know you have spoken with our customer service representatives, and felt that your issue is not being handled quickly enough. Please know that we are continuously working on improving our procedures, products, and overall services to better serve our valued customers.

Feedbacks from our valued clients are extremely important to us. We will surely take note of your concern, and we'll develop a way to effectively improve our customers' overall experience. If there are lingering questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact us through the information provided below. Aside from calling our hotline number, you may also contact us via chat at https://***/support/contact.

For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word BUY to 611611. In this way, you can refill the account using your credit card by yourself without talking to a live representative. Moreover, you can also access your ST my account app to pay your plan.

Have a good day!

Thank you for still staying with us, we do appreciate it. We'll be looking forward to working with you.

Chelsea M Csf

Terrible Customer Service

Changed my phone plan to a different provider/number and was charged again. Called to cancel for the second time.

Was told they needed to verify my account by sending an SMS message to my old number. I explained I no longer have access to the old number they offered to send a code to my email, gave them the code and they said it was incorrect and could not verify my account to cancel.

Asked to speak with a manger or someone else who could help and was told "They're just going to tell you the same thing." Problem was not resolved and probably never will be. Working on filing a dispute with the bank.

Loss:

Preferred solution: My phone line cancelled.

User's recommendation: Would not recommend.

MariaST

Hi, Chelsea M Csf. Please be informed that this is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Please be informed that this is not an automated message. This message is sent from Straight Talk Wireless to ensure that any previous concerns or questions you may have raised have been addressed satisfactorily. We want to reiterate that this communication serves as a follow-up, aimed at guaranteeing your complete satisfaction with our service. We want to sort this out with you.

Gerard B Vru

On Tue, Sep 26, 2023, 11:46 PM Gerard Baptiste wrote:

Gerard Baptiste

Account number 912-278-****

Imemi#357852****24951

Device type #moto g pure (XT2163DL)

Sim# 891480****781816****

Latest Ticket number#128-417-****

On July 27,2023 I called in to unlock my phone and go to another carrier and after unlocking the device with the codes I received; this device I learned was Blacklisted by someone in your company. I called back in and was told that I would have to purchase a new sim and pay for service!

I followed those instructions and found myself still without service! So my account was escalated to the port department and I was given a ticket number and was told that the issue would b resolved in 72hrs! Never happened, so I called back in was told I needed to contact Verizon wireless to have the blacklist removed so I called got both carriers on the phone and Verizon stated this was on TracFone end! So I called in 10 more times and each time a different story until today!

I called in and was told to remove my sim you guys asked me pay 11.00 again and the phone worked for 12min minutes and service went back out! I called in again and was told on the billing side my account was clean far as the blacklist but the FCC has not responded or removed the blacklist requested by your company! I have filed a formal complaint against your company and want my device removed from the blacklist! I am currently traveling as a United States Marine and I need my device to contact my family!

I am over seas working and can't purchase another device and you can't ship me one while deployed!

This is the only means I can connect with family while on tour! I beg you to please address this issue!

You can find my account under the email provided!

Loss:

Preferred solution: My imemi number remove from blacklist

User's recommendation: Please be careful the customer service rep lie

MariaST

Hi Gerard. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Ann H Vqm

Verified Reviewer

Called to get phones lines straight customer service representative Nicole would not transfer me to a supervisor because she could not help me with my issue kept telling me i need to call back to speak to someone else which i told her there was no need for me to call back to speak to another customer service representative that only gonna say the same things that she said and could not help me either she completely refused to connect me to a supervisor and just kept repeatedly saying you have to call back to speak to another customer service representative i have had this service over some years now and never had any issues with my services or any customer service representative til like the middle of last year 2023 until now in 2024 the service and data and the customer service representative have all became worse they cant help dont knkw anything barely can give you instructions on how to do things and if they do give you instructions to troubleshoot you do about 3-4 different things and it still does not work and they will refuse to connect you to someone higher up the chain that can giveyou better insight on the issue or that can help them to help you throughthe process im just so dissatisfied at this point with the whole service ive had nine lines with this company and im ready to remove all of them to another service

Preferred solution: Nothing just going to find another service

MariaST

Hi, Ann H Vqm. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Jessie B Dfd

Stopped receiving free Walmart+

I am supposed to be getting free Walmart+ and I am not getting it anymore. Since I renewed my plan March 20th of this year.

I Was on the phone for hours the past few days between Walmart.com & Straight Talk. Both told me they could not help me. Straight talk says I have it Walmart com says I don't. I had to pay for Walmart+ today to get my groceries delivered because I can't drive.

False advertising and before this happened I rated Straight Talk a 5.

This needs to be fixed. I'm so upset.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Great price plans 55 are supposed to get free walmart plus
  • On site other discounts
Cons:
  • Rude customer service
  • Does not know how to fix problems with walmartplus
  • No help and wrong information

Preferred solution: My Free Walmart+ benefits back and a refund for having to purchase Walmart+

User's recommendation: 2

MariaST

Hi Jessie B Dfd.This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We read your post and we'd like to apologize for the issues you encountered with our service.

Please know that this is not the kind of experience we want you to have. Our team are continuously working on improving our procedures, products, and overall services to better serve our valued customers. We would like to speak with you to make things right. In addition, aside from calling our hotline number, you may also contact us via chat at https://***/support/contact.

Moreover, you can also access your ST my account app to change and update your plan. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Resolved
Linda H Dau

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Unable to cancel auto renewal

Updated by user Apr 13, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Straight Talk refused to stop the auto renewal so l contacted my bank, told them the situation and had them put a stop payment on Straight Talk when they tried to debit my account. This worked.

Original review Mar 29, 2024
Been paying for auto renewal on a phone for my son who lives in another state; however have been unable to reach him for more than a month. Believe phone is lost or stolen and tried to cancel auto renewal but customer service refuses since l dont know his pin # and dont have access to his email to receive a security code.

Had to go to bank to place a stop payment on the debit card used for renewal.

Since Im the one paying, l should be able to cancel the renewal. This is ridiculous!
Cons:
  • Have to jump through hoops to cancel auto renewal

Preferred solution: To make it easier for auto renewal to be canceled.

User's recommendation: Don’t believe Straight Talk when they say you can cancel auto renewal

MariaST

Hi Linda H Dau. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Have a good day!

Melissa P Wzt

Verified Reviewer

My phone is junk and I always get a phone where it's either a Lori's phone or the last one I had before this was my dead friend's phone number his son was on there texting his father saying goodbye an

Put my phone plan down to the lowest one there is. I have a pacemaker and I have to have unlimited everything just because ACP program didn't pay it well I had to get on their site and reapply I did not know that until tonight about 45 minutes ago so you should have your money tomorrow will that dip wad that I talk to chatted with he's a jerk I don't know why you have somebody like that on the phone very rude very rude I've done telemarketing and he was rude so you'll have your money tomorrow and I want my plan back I want my $45 plan back I will go somewhere else

Preferred solution: My plan back my $45 plan back

User's recommendation: I better just keep my mouth shut

AlexTrac

Hi Melissa P Wzt. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Resolved
Kelly W Uyt

Resolved: They owe me money

Updated by user Feb 16, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Filed a report with BBB and when BBB sent them my complaint, they was eager to give me back my money.

I had all the proof I needed Straight Talk needs to get their employees better training. They should have never took that money out of my account.

Thanks for allowing me to use this site as a sounding board. I would advise anyone that is experiencing this type of issue to contact PISSED Consumer and then file a complaint with BBB.

Original review Feb 01, 2024
This experience was a disaster I was given the run around by several associates and the last associate claimed he was a manager in the refund department and he refused to refund money that they had removed from my account after auto pay was shut off. Also told me to get my bank involved to do a "Charge Back" because he was not refunding my money.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Are not truthful about their devices

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't do it. Their phones are not compatible with the service I switched to even though Straight Talk stated multiple times before my purchase that as long as I stayed with Straight Talk for 12 months, my phone could be switched to a different provider. (Hint: It is Spectrum that I switched to)

Guest

Hahaha too funny Maria at Straight Talk wants to speak with me about my experience but doesn't give me a direct line to her? So therefore another run around with "customer service" who has not been helpful at all.

No I will not contact customer service Maria. If you want me to speak with you directly, then give me a direct number.

Unfortunately Maria, I have already filed a complaint with BBB. I have had it up to my neck with Straight Talk and you trying to act all concerned without leaving me the ability to speak with you directly just confirms that Straight Talk has no accountability for their behavior and the way they treat people.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2476645

You should have filed a dispute with your bank as their rep told you to. The BBB is useless and can’t enforce anything. All they will do is forward your complaint on and theY will ignore it or reply it was a legit payment.

MariaST

Hi, Kelly W Uyt. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the trouble you have gone through with this issue. This is definitely not the kind of experience that we want you to have. Please know that we do not want to lose a customer as valuable as you. Feedback such as this is gathered daily to help improve our customer's experience.

Please know that we are continuously making improvements to better assist our customers. We understand that you have spoken with a customer service representative and feel that your issue is not being handled quickly enough. It is not our intention to delay a resolution. If you could give us another chance to review your account so we can help you fix the issue and offer you the best resolution available to address your specific needs.

MariaST

Hi Kelly. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

View more comments (3)
Elizabeth H Ker

Verified Reviewer

I have had problems with straight talk. Their service towers are awful and now I have bought a new phone and I can’t get it To work now my old phone and my new phone both ain’t working so I can’t cont

Straight Talk Wireless - I have had problems with straight talk. Their service towers are awful...
Straight Talk Wireless - I have had problems with straight talk. Their service towers are... - Image 2
Straight Talk Wireless - I have had problems with straight talk. Their service towers are... - Image 3
Straight Talk Wireless - I have had problems with straight talk. Their service towers are... - Image 4
Straight Talk Wireless - I have had problems with straight talk. Their service towers are... - Image 5
Straight Talk Wireless - I have had problems with straight talk. Their service towers are... - Image 6

My phone is not working. I had bought a new phone and I had it switched over and neither phone is working.

Loss:

Preferred solution: I want my new phone fixed I just wanted it to work

User's recommendation: Go with somebody else

MariaST

Hi, Elizabeth H Ker. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

AlexTrac

Hi,Elizabeth H Ker. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

View more comments (1)
Tangela D Rkj

Verified Reviewer

This is such a horrible service