Henderson, Nevada
Verified Reviewer

1.3

Update by user Dec 26, 2015

This is an update to this initial complaint. I contacted the Maria person at corporate and gave he my information per her comment on this complaint.

So much for that. After 3 days I then get another email from some *** at Corporate telling me they can't find my record and that they need my phone imei number.

The bottom line is they screwed my and lost my phone number in the process which was my business number as well. Needless to say, I returned to Verizon and brought my wife's phone back as well. So they lost 2 numbers and not just one.

If you're reading this and still want to use this incompetent company for your phone service good luck. You'll need it.

For Maria at Corporate you are just as incompetent as the rest of the people in your company. Also Maria don't be surprised if you receive a letter from my attorney seeking damages.

Original review posted by user Dec 20, 2015

I have never seen a company with so many incompetent people in my life. I hope you're saving a bundle Straight Talk by hiring a bunch of Filipino's to save a buck.

Got a cell phone in Hawaii due to my current phone dying while I was there. All this time I've had it (since Sept. 2015) I thought I was using Verizon towers. That's what I ported to these people when I joined Straight Talk from Verizon. After talking to Apple Tech Support regarding this phone I called Straight Talk and as usually had to request a manager because the entry level people can't speak proper or know what they're doing. Next level manage is now just as bad. In my conversation with the manager & running diagnostics I find that my phone is GSM and not CDMA like my original iPhone I was using with them. This is on walmart for that screw up.

I called my local walmart now that I'm home and explained the situation to the manager there. Took the phone down swapped it out for a new 6s for $17.00 and everything was good. At least until we then had to start dealing with Straight Talk. Somehow they managed to screw the entire process up. Me and the manager were his phone with them for over 2.5 hours at walmart. We spoke to about 4 different incompetent people. Each one level higher than the previous person. As it stands now I have a new iPhone 6s paper weight. Don't know when I'll have service and this is my business phone and only phone.

The final person we spoke with was at Corporate and well pretty much as incompetent as the first 3 people. Last she said that she has escalated this to have the problem fixed. At least we didn't have to give those people the phone and sim card information for the 5th time. All the people we spoke with we had to continually keep repeating the phone information over and over.

For those of you who read this post please DO NOT sign up with this company. I had Verizon but was paying 40-50 bucks more with them. In retrospect and all the frustration I've had with Straight Talk since I've signed up it wasn't worth leaving Verizon. This is just one incident in several I've had to deal with them on. After I got the new phone my Auto-Refill got dropped. As soon as this mess is cleaned up by Straight Talk I may just tell them to take a hike. As far as I'm concerned Straight Talk owes me about 6 months of free service for my wasted time.

If you want proof of what transpired you need only call Kanwe at the Las Vegas Serene Avenue Walmart. He is the manager who was taking care of me.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Straight Talk Wireless Cons: Incompetent people.

• Very Bad Customer Service
  • Activating New Phone

Comments

You'll need it. If you're Straight Talk don't be surprised if you receive a letter from my attorney seeking damages.

MariaST

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble.

To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

Dennis M
@MariaST

I have sent you 2 emails with the information you have requested. I will wait till 12:00 pm PST. If I have no status on the problem by then I will have to find an alternative service.

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews