when I went with you several years ago I was very pleased with the service but now it sucks. I live in the Atlanta metro area (cell towers are not the issue) but I never get anything more than 2 g and some of my apps have totally ceased to work now stating I need 3 or 4 g for it to work.

Additionally, voicemail no longer works at all. There is no change or improvement in my service even when I have just purchased more time, not even with 3 months purchase at a time.

Many folks have been referred to you in the past from me, but not anymore.....I am looking into new service myself now, even considering going back to Verizon for more money....at least I would get what was advertised as services. Oh, and forget trying to call customer service....I have better things to do with my time than sit on the phone endlessly and get hung up on...or maybe lose signal because it is throttled down so much

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I live in Winona,MN and have been using straight talk for awhile now. But it is next level trash. Defs not getting what’s advertised

Same here.

Yes this. I too have used straight talk for years.

I never needed much data so the $35 plan was just right. Now they dont carry that plan or anything like it so I pay more for a bigger plan. Since they changed plans and charged more my service has been *** Especially data. None of my apps (pandora, podcast addict, chrome, etc) work properly.

Always losing connection. I hate it now and will start looking for something else.

Straight talk is a total wast of money you end up paying 60 dollars a month for data that work less than half the time I'm not going to say a lot the comments of discussion said it for me but if you plan on going to straight walk I promise you will only wast time,money.

I agree service has gotten terrible no matter wich tower you use Verizon,att ect. I wonder if every other carrier is going to 5g LTE has screwed up the lower service with straight talk since they don't offer 5g time to start looking for another provider

How has no one sued them for false advertisement yet? That's my question!

having the same issue all the customer service said was to pay a 90 plan , wow i thought straight talk was suppose to be one of the better service for a better price . sure seems like they think they are AT&T lets give crappier service for the same price to raise the price 2G who uses 2G really utter crap and i have been with straight talk since 2008 well im done now and i will never refer them ever CRAP service with crap representatives

BriefCloudedLeopard532

I just spent an hour and a half trying to get my email address removed from an account that I do not own obviously a mistake was made and somebody put my email address on their account I would like it removed but straight talk won't do that I'm furious it's my email address I don't want it connected to a straight phone straight talk phone service and nobody will fix it customer service was absolutely horrible kept asking me for my account information how could I have account information if I don't have an account I'm furious absolutely furious

@BriefCloudedLeopard532

Hi BriefCloudedLeopard532. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused you. Allow us to help you resolved your issue. Please copy and paste this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355.

@MariaST

L.O.L!

Straight Talk is throttling ALL unlimited plans. They say they aren't, but who's really going to know unless you do some testing like I have.

Essentially they are guilty of criminal fraud.

They have also stopped allowing multimedia messaging, and conditional call forwarding, meaning you can't you can't use any of the great 3rd party voicemail apps out there. No, you have to dial voicemail and enter your pass code....EVERY TIME!

Hi. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I’m very sorry that you’re having issues with our service. This is not the kind of experience we want you to have. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Please copy and paste this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent.

For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Hi. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I'm sorry to hear that you're displeased with the service. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Please copy and paste this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355.

Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

I use to be very pleased with my unlimited straight talk plan, I even recommended countless people to join up. Now in 2019 I am very frustrated with the service.

The last 6 years I didn’t have much problem with internet speed and connection but now it just completely sucks! It’s always on 3G or nothing at all, it takes 10-20 minutes to get through a song on YouTube unless it just completely loses service. I thought maybe it was my phone but nope!

I bought a brand new phone and the internet service still sucks! At this point I will never recommend again.

Hi. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We regret to hear that you are displeased with the product and service. We understand that your previous experience was unpleasant, and we wish to make it right for you. We'll review your account and further investigate what happened with your phone service. Please copy and paste this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent.

Hi. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I would like to express my thanks for being a loyal customer over the years. Also, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your data speed. We'll be happy to review your account and further investigate what happened with your phone service. To better assist you with this matter, kindly copy and paste this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent.

My signal worked great until I switched over to a recurring unlimited plan. Now that i upgraded, i have 2 bars no matter where I go, and nothing will load.

I've been walking around with my phone in the air like an idiot for a month now. Will be switching services.

@MariaST

Maria, your customer service agents don't speak English, and give you different instructions every time you talk to a different person. Worthless, as is your bot chat (NOT a live agent).

Hi. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I’m very sorry that you’re having issues with our service. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Please copy and paste this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355.