30.4K views

I have been using straight talk for a little over two years now. I purchase a $45 unlimited card every month. I understand they have some sort of "data limit" which causes my internet to run extremely slow. This only happens the last three or four days of the month. the rest of the time my phone runs great for 3G coverage.

Three days before my service was supposed to end, the internet was horribly slow. I refilled it the day before my service expired, which was four days ago. My service is still extremely slow. it takes 4 or 5 minutes to load a webpage. I can't. Use my facebook or twitter apps. My servicee is so slow, it won't even load a song on Pandora.

And, to top it all off, two thirds of my text messages won't send.

So, basically, my phone is good for making calls and taking pictures.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Plan.

Comments

Just got refill on 18 th and slow or no data at all i paid for unlimited??

to Amy #1566797

Hi Amy. I'm Maria from Straight talk Wireless.

I noticed your post on this blog and I'm sorry that you are having some problems. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

It happened to me, but the customer service helped me. You must turn off the cellphone, wait 20 seconds, then turn it on.

Chandler, Arizona, United States #1342015

Mine is exactly the same. What is happening?

Carrollton, Georgia, United States #1304105

Straight talk was sued for 40 million and lost ! For advertising unlimited data ! Seems to me they need to be sued again !!

Carrollton, Georgia, United States #1304097

Mine is doing the same. It sucks.

It's not the phone it's the service. Time to switch to another provider !

Bradenton, Florida, United States #1275963

I just paid my bill Friday and I've barely used my internet and it's saying I've reached my data limit. I called and they told me the same thing.. honestly thinking of switching

to Anonymous #1277104

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please click on this link http://bit.ly/2gQCmUz?caseId= to chat with a live agent.

LadyScot
to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1286515

If you have your wifi off, that will do it.

Mound, Minnesota, United States #1253497

I have bought a unlimited card....no data or anything after refill...please help.

to Anonymous #1254014

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please click on this link http://bit.ly/2gQCmUz?caseId= to chat with live agent.

to MariaST #1354309

yes but your customer service department is worthless. I have never had so many problems with customer service in my life

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1241964

Clear your cache.

For the last three months my data speed has only been decent for about a week and then it's so slow it won't load much the rest of the month. There is no way I'm using all my data. I just bought a service refill but this will be my last time with straight talk if it isn't better this month.

to Tonya #1230901

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please click on this link http://bit.ly/19Cre0y to chat with live agent.

Mountain View, California, United States #1195676

I hate this phone plan so much! Not everyone has the money to pay for better ones, what about the all people you you lied too about the Data?

Its defiantly not unlimited! AFTER 3 DAYS I RAN OUT! I'm a teenager and use my phone on a daily basis. How am I supposed to do anything on this *** *** phone plan?

I can't go and send pictures, half my texts don't send, YouTube doesn't work, it takes FOREVER for anything to load! I could barely go on here, it took 10 minutes!!! I try everything, I delete, delete, delete, and delete! I can't down load more than even 2 apps!!

I did find a loophole! You know what IDGF anymore anyways I'm switching next month!! :):):) But for all u angry people don't turn off your phone!

I know that might be hard but it keeps from the high-speed data in tact!!! The only problem is it might bug out, so delete something's and you might be OK :) :) :)!!!!

to Anonymous #1195791

Hi. We now offer the $55 Unlimited Plan with 10 GB of high speed data.

Please click on this link http://data.straighttalk.com for some tips to help you manage your data. If you need further assistance, please send us an email with your account information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

to MariaST #1210640

I have the 55 a month plan 10g and have not even used 3g and my data won't even play a video off of facebook.

to Anonymous #1211059

to Anonymous #1237377

This same thing is happening to me. I am using the $55 plan.

So far I only used 3 out of my 10 gigs. YouTube doesn't play/load. Can't watch anything on Facebook. Netflix is out of the question.

Trying to figure out why- and ended up on this page. Called straight talk and they told me my coverage in the area was "great" and to make my iPhone is up to date.

That has NOTHING to do with my slow internet... Never had problems until now.