Straight Talk Wireless - Slow service, unlimited plan won't load internet

1182 of 1341 Straight Talk Wireless reviews

I have been using straight talk for a little over two years now. I purchase a $45 unlimited card every month. I understand they have some sort of "data limit" which causes my internet to run extremely slow. This only happens the last three or four days of the month. the rest of the time my phone runs great for 3G coverage.

Three days before my service was supposed to end, the internet was horribly slow. I refilled it the day before my service expired, which was four days ago. My service is still extremely slow. it takes 4 or 5 minutes to load a webpage. I can't. Use my facebook or twitter apps. My servicee is so slow, it won't even load a song on Pandora.

And, to top it all off, two thirds of my text messages won't send.

So, basically, my phone is good for making calls and taking pictures.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 88 Yes 88 52 No 52
Had the same issue 208 Yes 208
1182 of 1341 Straight Talk Wireless reviews

Jan 25 #1275963 Bradenton, Florida, United States

I just paid my bill Friday and I've barely used my internet and it's saying I've reached my data limit. I called and they told me the same thing.. honestly thinking of switching

Jan 27 #1277104

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please click on this link http://bit.ly/2gQCmUz?caseId= to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Dec 11, 2016 #1253497 Mound, Minnesota, United States

I have bought a unlimited card....no data or anything after refill...please help.

Dec 12, 2016 #1254014

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please click on this link http://bit.ly/2gQCmUz?caseId= to chat with live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

0 1 Reply
Tonya

Oct 18, 2016 #1228745

For the last three months my data speed has only been decent for about a week and then it's so slow it won't load much the rest of the month. There is no way I'm using all my data. I just bought a service refill but this will be my last time with straight talk if it isn't better this month.

Oct 23, 2016 #1230901

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please click on this link http://bit.ly/19Cre0y to chat with live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

0 1 Reply

Aug 06, 2016 #1195676 Mountain View, California, United States

I hate this phone plan so much! Not everyone has the money to pay for better ones, what about the all people you you lied too about the Data? Its defiantly not unlimited! AFTER 3 DAYS I RAN OUT! I'm a teenager and use my phone on a daily basis. How am I supposed to do anything on this *** *** phone plan? I can't go and send pictures, half my texts don't send, YouTube doesn't work, it takes FOREVER for anything to load! I could barely go on here, it took 10 minutes!!! I try everything, I delete, delete, delete, and delete! I can't down load more than even 2 apps!! I did find a loophole! You know what IDGF anymore anyways I'm switching next month!! :):):) But for all u angry people don't turn off your phone! I know that might be hard but it keeps from the high-speed data in tact!!! The only problem is it might bug out, so delete something's and you might be OK :) :) :)!!!!

2 0 Reply

Aug 07, 2016 #1195791

Hi. We now offer the $55 Unlimited Plan with 10 GB of high speed data. Please click on this link http://data.straighttalk.com for some tips to help you manage your data. If you need further assistance, please send us an email with your account information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

1 2 Reply

Sep 10, 2016 #1210640

I have the 55 a month plan 10g and have not even used 3g and my data won't even play a video off of facebook.

2 0 Reply

Sep 11, 2016 #1211059

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

0 2

Nov 06, 2016 #1237377

This same thing is happening to me. I am using the $55 plan. So far I only used 3 out of my 10 gigs. YouTube doesn't play/load. Can't watch anything on Facebook. Netflix is out of the question. Trying to figure out why- and ended up on this page. Called straight talk and they told me my coverage in the area was "great" and to make my iPhone is up to date. That has NOTHING to do with my slow internet... Never had problems until now.

1 0

Jan 19 #1273287

I also agree. The $45.00 plan says unlimted talk, text, and data but its not unlimited. Straight talk should not say their service is unlimited when its not. Its false advertising. With how bad alot of thee cell phone companies are today and for what they charge for isn't worth the money. *** I get better service and unlimted with my cable, internet, and phone in my own home. I guess it may lead to people ditching their cell phone and getting cell phones at their homes instead.

0 0

Sep 12, 2016 #1211885

Does the $55 plan have any known problems? I just bought it And put it on my phone several hours before my other card was supposed to expire but my internet is not fast why?

Oct 22, 2016 #1230584 Lewes, Delaware, United States

Are you crazy because that's funny really when I went from 45 to 55 card I keep my data off at all times only when I have to use it no I put a 55 card on my phone 12 days later my data runs out now it's not even right so I go to Cricket witless she checks my data said if only used 2 go of the 10gb of data so you tell me what's going on because I'd love to know

Aug 07, 2016 #1195793

0 2 Reply

Aug 02, 2016 #1193601

Hi. We now offer the $55 Unlimited Plan with 10 GB of high speed data. If you have further questions or concerns, please send us an email with your account information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

0 2 Reply

Aug 02, 2016 #1193965

My phone won't even load a webpage and that is not right. Teens use allot of data but that should straight talk should make better data usage plans cheaper because everyone doesn't get a office job like them. Some people have to work for their money.

1-20 of 112 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Straight Talk Wireless. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Straight Talk Wireless.
Filing a new complaint about
×