Today (6/16/13), I purchased an iphone 4 and 1 year unlimited card from walmart totalling around 1000$.
After purchase, I followed the automated system for activation which would not accept my entry of my IMEI.
The iphone IMEI is alpha-numeric.
I was transferred to a rep who advised me I was not reading the correct IMEI serial even though it was on a sticker labelled IMEI SERIAL on the red activation tab...
I was then transferred to another rep who tried to give me the same rhetoric.
I read word-for-word the cover to which this rep prompted "are you sure this is a straight-talk phone". Why yes, yes it is: a straight-talk iphone I JUST purchased. They then in clarity realized I was not in the right department... He transferred me to a third department specializing in poorly spoken english or supposedly iphones.
To this rep I read the IMEI and after 30 minutes of listening to her smack and not give me updates on what she was doing, she regretfully advised me that she was unable to assist in my activation and would create a trouble ticket where I would be recontacted in 24 hours......
After this call I attempted to register through the web interface which gave me a "Sorry we are working on the site" error, but after some googling found a direct link to Straight-Talk's phone activation page... Which then REJECTED my IMEI as "The serial number / phone number you entered does not belong to Straight Talk phone, please check your serial number / phone number and try again."
So let me understand this...
Straight-Talk doesn't have an automated system capable of recognizing iphone IMEIs, doesn't have a website that can either, and doesn't train their reps to recognize iphone IMEIs?
WOW. 1000$ later and I realize that Straight Talk is selling a product they're incapable of supporting.
Furthermore as a previous Microsoft call center agent, I am disgusted with the 1)Lack of building rapport with the customer, 2)Lack of statusing the customer, 3) Restraint from making grotesque noises into the microphone, and worst 4) Not having proper QA oversight to assure the aforementioned doesn't happen.
Thanks for the anti-support Straight Talk, and for taking my money...
Service Ticket #1071686855
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Straight Talk Mobile Phone
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Hello! I am reporting from Cleveland, Ohio and I was introduced to the ACN opportunity by my girlfriends parents, Corey and Tonya Anderson. I visited their home at Thanksgiving to..."
- "I bought the MI3 via Lazada.com in the Philippines as they are the only distributors for this phone here. It cost 10.599PHP. I was working fine for about three weeks..."
- "Approximately eight weeks ago white dots began appearing on my Samsung DLP TV. What first began as two dots has grown to a dozen with more emerging daily. ..."
- "On the 30th on June, my fiancé and I were relieved that we were able to pay off the rest of our furniture within the 90 day period. We had..."
- "My 3 orders placed at the same time were 5 DAYS LATE! The flowers were wilted, droopy, cheap and ugly! I ordered 3 Mylar "It's A Boy" balloons...."
- "Pete Meier Ahwatukee Phoenix Realtor. This review covers what I believe could pose as serious concerns about Mr. Meier's character as a Realtor. Mr. Meier is a board..."
- "RENEE HAS CURSED ME OUT INSULTED ME RELIGIOUSLY AND RACIALLY WHILE SHE WAS UNDER PRESSURE OF LOSING CONTRACTS I HAVE TO ALSO SEEN HER GO THROUGH THE RESIDENTS PERSONAL BELONGINGS..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."