8.1K views
Resolved

Update by user Mar 04, 2016

I cleaned the office and discarded the two $30 cards.I have done much better than straight talk with my current carrier.

Thank you Straight Talk for getting me to look for a better plan.

Savings $40 per month on two phones for 3 years.Thanks again.

Update by user Nov 22, 2015

I have decided that the offer of $10,000 to forgedaboutit was an affront to my dignity.I am closing my complaint.

Good luck with these people. Some day the fickle finger of fate will give them some straight talk.

There are many better phone plans than these.So forgedaboutit.

Original review posted by user Mar 23, 2013

I purchased a 2 Sim cards and two $45 monthly card because I was told that I could not start service with the $30 card.

When that card service ended, I purchased two $30 cards. The automated phone service told me the $30 card was not valid. I called customer service and was told that since the $45 cards had expired before I used the $30 cards and I needed to purchase two $45 cards. I purchased two $45 cards and then called to have the $30 card rolled over at the end of the $45 card but they said that since I started with a $45 card I must continue to use $45 cards and that my $30 card was not refundable. I asked for a supervisor and was told that my kind of phone was an Android phone and must use the $45 card. I said it was not an Android but a Palm Pre that does not use the Android OS. They then told me that the $30 card can only be used with a "regular phone". I asked the service representative to tell me what a "regular phone is" and the he said that there were so many of them that they could not be specific. I now have two useless $30 cards and am looking for another service provider. The $30 card advertisement is a scam offer with well hidden disqualifiers.

There is nothing on the face of the $30 card that states any limitations of its use on a unlocked GSM converted with a Straight Talk SIM card.On the back of the $30 card it states: SERVICE CARD FOR USE WITH STRAIGHT TALK PHONES ONLY.

So I checked the phones offered as Straight Talk Phones on their web site and found some phones in the $30 range that had no disclaimer about the $30 card. Also they sell android phones with the Straight talk LOGO that can only be used with the $45 card. The statement on the back of the $30 card is untrue it should state: SERVICE CARD FOR USE WITH SOME STRAIGHT TALK PHONES AND USELESS FOR OTHER STRAIGHT TALK PHONES. HAVING A STRAIGHT TALK SIM CARD DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE A STRAIGHT TALK PHONE. YOUR PURCHASE OF THIS CARD IS NON REFUNDABLE. PAY $45, WE WILL REFUSE THE USE OF THIS $30 CARD FOR A ONE MONTH SERVICE EXTENSION IN MOST CASES.

Review about: Straight Talk Wireless Sim Card.

Had an Experience with Straight Talk Wireless?

Comments

Swainsboro, Georgia, United States #1331099

My wife bought the 30 dollar card and it doesnt work on my smartphone please help

to Anonymous #1332578

Hi.I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please click on this link http://bit.ly/2gQCmUz?caseId= to chat with a live agent.

For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355.Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

to MariaST #1385537

Maria,

That is your answer, identical for every time you answer.If your going to moderate this site you should at least pretend to be helpful.

Calling the number takes you to an agent who has you turn the phone off and on then tells you to make a call.It is not resolving the issue and is not helpful.

Durham, North Carolina, United States #1273997

I went to walmart to purchase a $30 straight talk service card for my sister.When I got home she scratched the pin and started the process.

It stated that it wasn't valid. I'm looking online and it says that the $30 dollar service plan cards aren't compatible with android smartphones. Is there anyway to get a refund or fix this problem. $30 is alot of money to me at the moment.

Please help.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.Thanks.

to Anonymous #1274084

Loxley, Alabama, United States #1259144

My husband accidentally purchased a 30 dollar straight talk card but it's not compatible with his phone. Is there a way to fix this problem? His phone has been shut off.

to Rebecca Hardin #1260204

Hi Rebecca Hardin.I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I got a 30$ straight talk card and can't even use it.I want this solved or I will start a lawsuit.

I don't care if it is just 30$ that's my hard earned money that was stolen from me and I'm furious.

to Anonymous #1245629

Hi.I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble.

For further assistance, please contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355 or click on this link http://bit.ly/19Cre0y to chat with live agent.Our representatives are available Monday to Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Jesup, Georgia, United States #1227095

i bought 30 dollar card today, and its not vaild for my galaxy core prime, i need this resolved or i will be looking into getting a lawyer