Washington, District Of Columbia
3.2K views 15 comments

I purchased a new phone and ported my number for Tracfrone to Straight Talk. After 12 hours my old phone had already quit working and the Straight talk phone was not working.

I called customer service and spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with them on Monday. Most of that time I was on hold. They told me that my number was ported successfully and that my phone is active and I should be able to make and receive calls. My phone is not active. It still says activation required on my phone. I have multiple text messages and multiple voice mails. I cannot check them to see who they are from. When I try to do so it says activation is required.

The only thing I can do on the phone is add contacts. Anything else I try to do I get the activation required message. Straight talk customer service told me to wait 24 hours for activation.

Tuesday I contacted them through their Facebook page on their discussion board. After about 3 hours of corresponding with them on face book, they asked me for a landline number and called me. I was on the phone with them about 1 1/2 hours when they called me. Once again I spent most of the time on hold. They told me that my phone should be active and that their records showed that my phone was activated and programmed properly.

However, my phone still shows activation required. They supposedly created a trouble ticket and told me to wait ANOTHER 24 hours to see if it works and if it doesn't to call them back.

On Wednesday they called my landline. I was on the phone with them about an hour spending most of the time on hold. They told me that my phone should be active and told me to give them another 24 to 48 hours for activation. My phone is still not active. It still says activation required.

On Wednesday evening I called the Executive Resolution Department and was on the phone about an hour and they still did not fix the issue. I also spent most of this time on hold. They said that they were going to refer it to a supervisor and told me to wait another 24 to 48 hours.

I feel like I am getting the run around from their customer service department and no results. Their customer service doesn't speak English very well and are very hard to understand. You have to repeat things multiple times and also get them to repeat themselves multiple times. Most of the time you spend on the phone with them you are on hold no matter what time of the day or evening you call.

I paid $40 to get the phone and the airtime card was $45. I still am unable to use my new phone. At 2 a.m it will be 96 hours that I have been trying to get my phone activated with the response every time I call to wait 24 to 48 hours. I feel like they are not taking any steps to remedy the situation at all.

Review #205595 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE
Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Straight Talk Wireless?

Submit review

Comments

Blondi
Torrington, Wyoming, United States #959067
I however, am having this exact same problem. I've done this several times before in the past and its never taken this long.
Get it together straighttalk, you've definitely lost my business
Tim Medley
Mountain View, Arkansas, United States #898306
The Phone Number you entered does not belong to Straight Talk. Please check the number and try again.
How did I get this? The guy / tech told me the same thing. I said, I am looking at the green box and it has straight talk clearly written on the box.
And the number that I gave you is the number on the little red card.
So now I am waiting for activation to complete.
*22890
Crystal
La Grande, Oregon, United States #842204
I am having the same issue only I have been on chat help 4 times and when they can't find a solution the post the call straight talk number for help and then disconnect chat so I cant ask questions.. I am ready to go with different provider!!!
MariaST
to Crystal #844153
I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk. Please let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away. Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.
ArchersFriend
We purchased 2 phones from Walley World on 7-26-13. One ported my number and activated and works. The second, my wife's, did not activate, the CS rep claimed a bad sim card, so waited several days to receive a new one. Same thing, not working, and Now CS claims we need to wait 24 hours.

Next day and next day and next day, same thing. We Demanded a supervisor and then told AT&T tower issue. One phone still works we told them, they claim it went down After activation and tower was issue.

Call Walley World to see if they still sold phones and Yes they still sell and activate them, no complaint. Called Walmart Corporate and was supposed to get a call back with explanation in 2 days. It did NOT happen, called Corporate again, now supposedly going to have main Straight Talk specialist call. I demanded it be done by 2:00PM today 8-14-2013 or YouTube video would tell all to the world.

If no call, will go back to walmart store as per store manager suggestion and get a new phone and have their associate activate it to prove it works.

Saw this forum and decided to post my problems. When YouTube video goes up, you can see it on the ArchersFriend channel.
Daniel
Billings, Montana, United States #649552
Did you do it online? I did and then did the activation code with my phone and it was doing the same so i just did it with a different number and called them and did it that way and it worked right away

hope this helps
MurphyMD
to Daniel Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States #649986
Daniel, when you say you "did it with a different number", what do you mean?
Dollin
*** Straight Talk Yo!
Jada
Well the SAME EXACT things happening to me! UGH. Its just ugh! Sept for i got the update phone, cause i already straight talk. But my new phone keeps saying that! So were gonna see if we can transfer my minutes back to my old phone. If that dose not work... I'm screwed. :(
Boko
I am going through the same thing that the original poster put up. Does anyone know how to get this solved? I've been all over the internet, I keep calling them.. this is ***. What do I do?? How do I fix this??