Update by user Feb 01, 2013

Update 2/1/13. I had to file a claim with my bank.

A phone finally arrived at my home and I returned it. After sending an email that siad they were investigating and did not know how to resolve the problem, Straight Talk suddenly put the money back in my checking account three weeks after the problem started. Nobody knew why I was charged three times for the same phone.

I dropped this company and switched to Virgin Mobile prepaid which has been great so far. Straight Talk has good coverage and prices but it is not worth it if you ever need customer service.

Original review posted by user Jan 01, 2013

I have used Straight Talk with no problem for over two years. Everything was fine until I tried to order a phone from their website on Christmas Day. Something malfunctioned and I got one order number but was charged twice. After hours of being disconnected and transferred, someone told me they didn't know if they could cancel the orders and they couldn't be tracked because I had no order number. They advised returning the phone or phones for a credit which would take 30 days. I got several different stories from people who did not understand or speak English well.

During the following two days both charges were refunded. Then on 12/31/12 they took the $68.89 out of my account again. I am now trying to in touch with the corporate offices to see if they can stop these charges, aned I will have the bank put a stop on them. My bank account is drained.

To make things worse, one of the customer service people who didn't understand English thought I meant I wanted to stop my auto pay and unenrolled me from the phone service. Maybe that's a sign to change companies.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Service.

Comments

:eek WROTE THEM ABOUT RETURNING/REPLACING A PHONE NEVERACKNOWLEDGED MY EMAIL. HAVE A NEW PROBLEM W/ PHONE EMAILED THEM.

REALLY HOPE I RECIEVE A PROMPT REPLY. VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS COMPANY.