Herndon, Virginia
5K views 26 comments

I bought the LG290CM at Wal-mart, took it home called and had it activated.Media messaging didn't work and text took way to long to get me.

Related: Straight Talk Wireless - Jackasses look smart by comparison

My son stood in the rain for an hour because of it. I pre-paid a month when I bought the phone. The turned it off on the third day and I called to get them to reset or reactivate it. Another three days later it went off again.

They told me my phone had not been purchased!!!! They told me to mail them the original receipt. I did. They in return said they didn't get it.

Since I mailed them the original they would not take the copy I made before I mailed it. They would not accept the bank statement either...I got stuck with the most expensive phone and lost a whole month of service almost.They phone service sucks, their reps are not very English orientated or intelligent and they even tried to bill me the next month after my phone had been off all month. I eventually gave up and took it as a loss.

You would think a multi-billion dollar corporation like Wal-mart would have done thier research on these guys.Straight Talk is a good name for them because they are going straight down the drain.

Review about: Straight Talk Wireless Cell Phone Service.

Review #219681 is a subjective opinion of a user.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Straight Talk Wireless?

Comments

Refilled my phone with a service card and and it said refill successful and then 20 min later my phone was deactivated ...how do I get this fixed? ??

South Burlington, Vermont, United States #1184496

THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH BIG MONEY BUISNESSES, THEY DONT GIVE A ***. PATHETIC.

MariaST
to Anonymous #1184937

Hi.I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble.If you need assistance, please send us an email with your account information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

dj

Why would Walmart do research. Everyone they use as a vendor is from another country. They do not care.

The guy in walmart decided to help me activate my straight talk, but when I tried to refill my card the email the guy put down was invalid, so now I can't do squat.

jazmine

i paied my phone bill on the frist then yesterday they cut my phone off and will not turn it back on :cry

TARIK

:upset they deactivated my phone twice now.First, I got the glaxy SII with warranty.

I returned it to make up for my loss I downgraded to Galaxy precedent. They deactivated it again. I have been with this company for two years:?. And now they aggreviated me.

WHAT'S HAPPENING STRAIGHT TALK ARE YOU GOING BANKRUPT OR WHAT???:roll

SATISFIED CUSTOMER

I have been with Straight Talk for about two months now, and I LOVE the service..I am using their new BYOP program, with an UNLOCKED Galaxy Nexus.

I am also using the AT&T SIM, since T-Mobile isn't the best carrier where I live. I have NEVER dropped a call, I LOVE that I get 4G speeds with my phone, and I have heard A LOT of talk about people getting disconnected for excessive data usage, BUT that's why I ported my number to Google Voice, and I just have people call and text me there!

With an Android phone, you can integrate Google Voice VERY seamlessly, to make it seem like you are ACTUALLY using your phone's number!

Straight Talk is THE BEST carrier I have been with in a long time!And I've used a LOT of carriers.

SATISFIED CUSTOMER

very annoyed

So we added airtime to my husbands phone last night, we got the confirmation email that it had been added and all.Well, he goes to make a call and send texts a couple hours later, and now its saying the phone has been deactivated.

And to make it worse customer service isnt open until 8am so now we are screwed!:(