4.2K views

I did not have a good relationship with Straight Talk. I've been their client for 3 months. Here is my story.

In their ad they would tell you that everything is unlimited for only $45 dollars,,, blah, blah blah,,,, but they won't tell you that everything is actually very much limited once you join them,,, my service was disconnected permanently without a notice,,, when I started my investigation with customer service (by the way,,, hideous) they just simply apologized and told me to read that small print in my contract again.

Here are few major things you CAN NOT DO: (per contract). No YouTube. No uploading, streaming or downloading (only very very limited),,, can't watch TV. Neither can't text a lot nor freely talk. Basically cannot use your phone to its full potential. They are monitoring how long you are talking and how much you are texting,,, if it's too much they would simply permanently disconnect your service without a notice nor refund,,,

ONE thing I was permitted to do: I was able to check my emails UNLIMITED!!! Hurray! My personal wish to you reader,,, DO NOT JOIN THEM.

Regards,

Not happy and aggravated Straight Talk ex-customer.

Review about: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Service.

Had an Experience with Straight Talk Wireless?

Comments

Not they're just logical I've have perfect eveything with straight talk. And some people just don't get easily offended and laugh about 9/11 just in case you haven't caught on. Society is *** up but funny.

I've been a straight talk customer for almost a year now and all of my talk, text and data has been truly unlimited.Soo idk why yours was apparently so different.

I do the $45 plan too. I can text freely. I can watch tv and stream. And even when I go over the 5gig high speed cap I still get high speed so I think they're pretty great actually I didn't have enough money to pay my Bill this month and they extended my plan by a day to give me time.

Sooo yea.

I love straight talk and I've had nothing but perfect customer service with them.5-Star rating

to ***you420 #1358285

You obviously work for Straight talk.

Van Buren, Arkansas, United States #1132411

i have been an straight talk customer for 4yrs and they lost me.they disconnected my mobile network for some unknown reason.

customer service gave me the same run around. They are very rude and not at all helpful or truthful. I dont care what the customer service says about the fine print on the terms and conditions, i still complained to the ftc and everyone else i could find.

Walmart is just as much to blame they are in coohoots with straight talk and att and verizon.So who cares about us customers.

MariaST
to terry lee #1133107

Hi.I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble.To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

Straight talk is a *** joke, all the stores in a hundred miles are out of 45 dollar cards till saturday... they said they couldnt extend me 2 fricken days i told them im a small buisness owner and i dont use credit/debt cards and they basically told me to *** off so im gonna sue the *** out of them see if that changes there tune lol

to jr Columbus, Ohio, United States #1267956

How did that work out for you?Haha...Hopefully, you are far more swift in regards to your small business but I seriously doubt it.

I'd be willing to bet that didn't work out for you either and the business no longer exists.

I am truly curious how you came to the conclusion that straight talk, a prepaid wireless company BTW, is ethically or legally irresponsible by shutting your phone off?You do realize they followed through on their end with regards to the contract you obviously didn't read?

Emory, Texas, United States #741586

Beware of Stacy Pharmacy in Sulphur Springs, Tx on Broadway, he is a crook, rude to customers unless they are the rich ones, frowns on medicare.Will NOT fill some prescriptions if heis not going to make a big profit.

Auto refill is a joke, he DOES NOT keep up with it. There are many pharmacys in S.S.

Do not do business with them!They are crooks.

Eden, North Carolina, United States #708404

I've used straight talk for over 3 years now. I've gotten great reception just outside of Grand Falls, Canada as well as in parts of Alabama that barely any major providers work in. I pay $48 flat for unlimited talk and text. I rarely use the Internet on my phone, as it is super slow and unnecessary for me to use a phone for the net. I can wait until I get to a computer.

I've noticed that straight talk does give you a text notice to "Refill Now" almost two weeks before your end date. If you diligently refill, you'll automatically lose those days left on your account, which are non-refundable. In auto-refill, they refill your service the day before the end date. To avoid this, I refuse auto-refill and just wait for my service to shut off before I refill it. I can go a few hours without service while I'm sleeping.

Customer service is always very nice Indian folks, but they'll tick you off because they have absolutely no authority to do anything except answer questions that are obviously TelePrompTed for them. I try my best to avoid them and rarely have to deal with them thanks to the automated refill guy, "If you don't have a service card, you will need a credit card." OK :-)

I like straight talk. It's super cheap and consistent. It works for me because I don't use my phone as a portable laptop. I've been thinking about joining Ting (no $25 off link here) because it looks much cheaper, you pay based on what youve used, and share data between devices,...

Olympia, Washington, United States #689318