10.5K views

Straight Talk is Beyond Horrible!

After only 1 month, my phone stopped working. It would not recognize that I added the unlimted $45 card to it. The phone was purchased new from Walmart.

I called the customer DIS service department and they saw that their system did recognize that I did add minutes but my phone did not.

So, after spending LITERALLY 12 HOURS and 15 minutes on the phone with the Straight Talk customer DIS service department (that is what I call them now) over the course of approximatley 8-10 different phone calls... Still NOTHING was resolved. They gave me codes to put into my phone NUMEROUS times despite the fact that it didn't work the previous day that I talked to them and was told to do that.

So, as of today, I have not have ANY cell phone service for 18 days(almost 3 weeks). 3 Weeks that I paid for!

Straight Talk wanted me to send my phone back to them. So, they took 5 plus days to send me an airbill fed ex package so I could mail them my phone. I sent it on Thursday and it was received at Straight talk the next day.

So, I waited about a week and called them to see where my phone was... I was told 3 different things by 3 different people.. The best was by a supervisor who told me that I would have a new phone on my doorstep in 3 days. BUT, when I asked him if the phone was shipped from their warehouse, he said I DON"T KNOW! I asked him.. how can you tell me I will have my new phone in 3 days when you don't even know if it was shipped or not???? He could not understand this concept at all!!!!

He could not give me a tracking number .. b/c there was none!

BOTTOM LINE... I filed an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org and within 24 hours I had the Better Business Bureau liason at Straight talk and she personally called me at my work number and walked to the warehouse and got a new phone herself changed my number to that phone, made sure it worked. She is also sending it to me OVERNIGHT.

She is in the Corporate Office in Miami, Florida.

I also asked that I get a month FREE for all the aggravation and she agreed to do that.

This is her contact info

Main phone 800 876 **** x 6175

or 305-715-**** x 6175

fax 305-715-****

Her name is Karen Calderon

email is kcalderon@***.com

She is the Better Business SPecialist with Trac Fone Wireless.. This is who is the parent company of Straight Talk and who you ultimately need to deal with if you have a problem with Straight Talk.

I am posting this b/c I am thoroughly disgusted with the way I was treated by the foreign customer service department who are like zombies reading from a script no matter what you say to them.

I hope this helps someone.

Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Comments

#2075677

Same has happened

#2065889

I just went through 8 out of the country customer no service reps no resolve. I got a number with some guys name that they were unable to change.

Never left Walmart returned the phone would not give me the money back for the service card attached to the phone. Not too much money it’s the principle. Nor Walmart wouldn’t even help. EF STRAIGHT TALK.

EF WALMART. NEVER GOING BACK

I would never bend over backwards to help you out either. Maybe you should just use a different phone service.

Your fault for waiting a month. You make your own life difficult.

I have been a straight talk customer for 4 years and hate it but can't find the time or money to switch. I was in dis belief when in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic on top of my father being gravely ill with Cancer, that my service was shut off because I couldn't get out to get a phonecard. Once this is over I will be cancelling my service and will encourage others to do so as well.

@PissedConsumer1849558

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Thank you for contacting us. We recognize this is a difficult time for everyone, but please know we’re here to support you.

Our team is continually working on potential solutions to offer some support to as many of our customers as possible. Please click here https://www.straighttalk.com/covid/ for an important update.Thank you for your patience and for being a loyal customer.

Just have to say I am having real problems with straight talk as well, my phone stopped working they sent me the email to send my phone in and they would send a replacement. I sent my phone last week, I called Monday and was told they received my phone and was shipping my new one out.

I called today and talked to several "managers" who said they didn't have my phone and was not sending my new one until I proved I sent it. I am in the process of moving and had to miss work today because I was told my phone would be here and I had to sign for it. They have been rude and hateful and I am pissed at how they are treating me.

I have been with straight talk for over 9 years and this is how I am treated. Just send me my phone i have kids and need my phone and cant afford a new one.

@Javion

Hi GloriousRedAdmiral145. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I'm sorry that you are having issues with your replacement phone. This is not the kind of experience we want you to have. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent.

I had almost the same situation. CS seems robotic reading from a script.

Telling me the same thing over and over. Didn’t give me the correct package I paid for. And not only that, but they’ve shut my service off a cpl times by “accident”.

So I’ve gone with out service and have gone without internet. I will not stay with ST and I certainly would not suggest them

First call was over an hour long. When the first lady answered, she tried to help, but couldn't.

She then sent me to someone else who got very little info and then placed me on hold and kept picking up the phone without saying anything hoping I will eventually hang up, they eventually got tired of checking and just hung up on me. I called immediately back and told the guy what was done and he got someone back in that department on the phone. She got frustrated and must to have not been looking at the same phone. She was telling to go to certain areas that was not leading to the area that she wanted me in.

She stated that I wasn't following directions. I didn't know what I was doing. I informed her that I had a note 8 and pretty much know how to deal with any phone. She stated since I didn't know what I was doing, she was going to do it by turning it off.

I then once she repeated it did what she was asking, she got frustrated takes her phone down or hits it against the desk because what she stated to do didn't work which was turn the phone off and push the volume button down. At this time, I got tired of her telling me that I didn't know how to follow directions and asked to speak to someone else. Her manager got on the phone and basically held the phone without saying much. I asked if he was still there and he apparently had left without saying anything and just kept me on hold without letting me know I was on hold.

I held on for about 1 hour waiting on him to come back which is unacceptable. Calling the number above in the morning, I have never been so disrespected in my life.

If I knew I had to go through this, I would have got on a regular plan. The supervisors are worst than the customer service reps.

Please file complaints w the BBB. It's the only way to pressure this company to do what is right.

They will tell you that ur phone is compatible, but then u realize after a short time that it is not.

They'll then tell u 2 but a new phone from them. They r nothing but scammers

@PissedConsumer1574737

Hi. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. We understand that your previous experience was unpleasant, and we want to make it right for you. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355.

Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

@MariaST

Your representative suck I’ve had nothing but issues trying to switch over from straight talk to Verizon. You charge my card three days early even after I have spent 20 minutes on the phone with a gentleman who was supposed to take the automatic refill off.

I would never go back to straight talk and I will be pulling my other line off as soon as possible too. When you guys overcharge people you should be good on giving the money back Vs acting like you’re not a multimillionaire business

Do not go w this company. Straighttalk is horrible n will not budge.

No service on my phone. Unable 2 text or call. No mobile data for weeks.

They will not refund money nor can they fix issues. But, they r great at lies

@PissedConsumer1574735

Hi DC. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry to hear that you are displeased with the product and service. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Strait talk should provide better service call centers for support. Spent 4 hours on phone. Hung up one six times ruderuderude.

@PissedConsumer1555910

Hi genevieve wert. We apologize for the inconvenience.

For further assistance, please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Look I'm so tired of Straight Talk trying to get money off everyone else saying our date is gone and everything else when I use Wi-Fi in the house my data gone when I use Wi-Fi this is *** every time that I buy a card it doesn't last like it says it's supposed to even know that I'm using Wi-Fi they want to get more money off of us and it's not happening I will make sure your system gets shut down Forever This is *** I will spread the word all over the United States of America and let them know how big of a crime Crooks y'all really are either fix my Wi-Fi I've been with y'all for 7 years fix my Wi-Fi make it right or I will make sure that straight talk will be took off the stores and I will keep doing it I will spread the rumors all around the nation I promise I'm not playing games I don't have the money to keep putting in this damn phone just because y'all systems are shut down or whatever and making it damn excuses to get more money off people this is what you call a crook crime Yahoo doing us to get more money which I think it's *** and I swear to God on everything I love I will make sure the whole nation knows about this so what are we going to do about it do you want a bad name on Straight Talk because I got friends all over the world and you will lose more customers than you ever know in your life then you going to have to figure out a way to make it right to everyone either that or get out of business

@PissedConsumer1482630

Hi. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I noticed your post on this blog and I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

@MariaST

I contacted someone in chat and someone on that customer service number and neither solved my problem or were helpful in any way.

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews