Straight Talk Wireless - Straight Talk is HORRIBLE!!!!!! Corporate contact info

1335 of 1341 Straight Talk Wireless reviews

Straight Talk is Beyond Horrible!

After only 1 month, my phone stopped working. It would not recognize that I added the unlimted $45 card to it. The phone was purchased new from Walmart.

I called the customer DIS service department and they saw that their system did recognize that I did add minutes but my phone did not.

So, after spending LITERALLY 12 HOURS and 15 minutes on the phone with the Straight Talk customer DIS service department (that is what I call them now) over the course of approximatley 8-10 different phone calls... Still NOTHING was resolved. They gave me codes to put into my phone NUMEROUS times despite the fact that it didn't work the previous day that I talked to them and was told to do that.

So, as of today, I have not have ANY cell phone service for 18 days(almost 3 weeks). 3 Weeks that I paid for!

Straight Talk wanted me to send my phone back to them. So, they took 5 plus days to send me an airbill fed ex package so I could mail them my phone. I sent it on Thursday and it was received at Straight talk the next day.

So, I waited about a week and called them to see where my phone was... I was told 3 different things by 3 different people.. The best was by a supervisor who told me that I would have a new phone on my doorstep in 3 days. BUT, when I asked him if the phone was shipped from their warehouse, he said I DON"T KNOW! I asked him.. how can you tell me I will have my new phone in 3 days when you don't even know if it was shipped or not???? He could not understand this concept at all!!!!

He could not give me a tracking number .. b/c there was none!

BOTTOM LINE... I filed an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org and within 24 hours I had the Better Business Bureau liason at Straight talk and she personally called me at my work number and walked to the warehouse and got a new phone herself changed my number to that phone, made sure it worked. She is also sending it to me OVERNIGHT.

She is in the Corporate Office in Miami, Florida.

I also asked that I get a month FREE for all the aggravation and she agreed to do that.

This is her contact info

Main phone 800 876 5753 x 6175

or 305-715-6500 x 6175

fax 305-715-6737

Her name is Karen Calderon

email is kcalderon@tracfone.com

She is the Better Business SPecialist with Trac Fone Wireless.. This is who is the parent company of Straight Talk and who you ultimately need to deal with if you have a problem with Straight Talk.

I am posting this b/c I am thoroughly disgusted with the way I was treated by the foreign customer service department who are like zombies reading from a script no matter what you say to them.

I hope this helps someone.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 434 Yes 434 185 No 185
Had the same issue 120 Yes 120
1335 of 1341 Straight Talk Wireless reviews

Feb 22 #1292213

Thank you so much for this contact information. I too am fed up and disgusted with the foreign people and their so called "customer service".

Dec 07, 2016 #1251561 Gainesville, Florida, United States

i BOUGHT A STRAIGHT TALK PHONE OVER THE INTERNET LAST AUGUST. IT WAS A SAMAUNG GALAZY S4, AND WAS ADVERTISED AS NEW. BY THAT I ASSUMED IT WAS NEW BECAUSE SOME OF THE OTHER PHONES ADVERTISED SAID THEY WERE RECONDITIONED. THIS PHONE DID NOT SAY IT WAS RECONDITIONED. AFTER HAVING IT FOR TWO MONTHS, I HAD PROBLEMS AND CALLED FOR TECHNICAL HELP AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS A RECONDITIONED PHONE. THAT DID NOT MAKE ME HAPPY SINCE I EXPECTED IT HAD NOT BEEN PRE-OWNED. SO THEY SAID TO RETURN THE PHONE AND THEN THEY WOULD SEND ME ANOTHER RECONDITIONED PHONE. AGAIN I TOLD THEM I DID NOT WANT A RECONDITIONED PHONE. THE S4 WAS STOPPED PRODUCTION LONG AGO AND THERE ARE NO NEW S4'S I HAVE LEARNED. SO THE SECOND RECONDITIONED PHONE IS NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY, CALLS CROPPED OFTEN, DO NOT GET CALLS OFTEN, PEOPLE SAY THEY CALL AND DO NOT GET VOICE MAIL, I AM IN THE SAME ROOM AND DO NOT HEAR IT RING. THAT HAS HAPPENED MANY TIMES. LAST WEEK I TALKED TO A STRAIGHT TALK PERSON WHO SAID I WOULD BE GIVEN A REFUND AND THAT SOMEONE WOULD BE CALLING ME WITH DETAILS. I NEVER GOT THAT CALL, MAYBE CAUSE THE PHONE IS NOT RINGING ALL CALLS, AND THERE WAS NO MESSAGE. THIS WEEK I CALL FOR DETAIL AND AM TOLD I HAVE TO ACCEPT ANOTHER RECONDITIONED PHONE, AFTER THEY SAID I WOULD GET A REFUND. I HAVE BEEN ON HOLD FOR 35 MINUTES WHILE I ASKED IT TO BE BUMPED UP TO THE NEXT LEVEL. IT IS CALLED "IGNORE". THEY INSIST I ACCEPT RECONDITIONED PHONES. I WOULD PREFER TO USE THE REFUND TO BUY A PHONE IN WALMART. NEVER... Show more

Feb 22 #1292217

I too bought a "new" phone but a galaxy s3 and mine too was defective. They refuse to send me a replacement before receiving the defective phone, which irritates the *** out of me because I have no other means of communication outside of this phone and my work phone! So if my son has an asthma attack while away then I would never know because I wouldn't have a phone.

Dec 05, 2016 #1250425 Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

It definitely helped me. These people talk to you as if you're beneath them & they do not respect the customer's needs or concerns.

Nov 21, 2016 #1244215

I will let you know tomorrow. Their offices are closed tonight.

Oct 07, 2016 #1223907

Thank you so much for this important information and advice it has been very helpful to me I also have had various issues with Straight Talk and problems with them sticking to their promises and different people telling me different things from there StraightTalk call number have told me different things even talk to a manager he was very rude and disrespectful to me

Sep 28, 2016 #1219785 Bettendorf, Iowa, United States

So far I tired to update my phone, I was told I had to buy a new sim and activate the number. Then they could help me transfer my old number a week and a half later I am still trying to get the customer service to do as they said. They are horribly incompetent or just very poorly trained. I am about to file legal action against them for fraud. I have had them for going on a year their service is okay but the customer service rank at the bottom of any company I have ever had to deal with.

Sep 30, 2016 #1220649

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please click on this link http://bit.ly/19Cre0y to chat with live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Aug 03, 2016 #1194456 Norcross, Georgia, United States

Thank you soooo much for sharing this information. We bought our 13 yrs old daughter one of their phones. She had it for two months. It got broke. They said send it back. They sent a refurbished one back that had a problem. I called back to Straight talk. They sent a fedex envelope to me on 6/15/2016. I sent back on 6/16/2016. Took pic of phone and fedex envelope. Today is August 3, 2016. Every week from from July 12, 2016 every week I have been told, "You will get it next Wednesday." No tracking number NOTHING.

Aug 12, 2016 #1198024

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

Jul 28, 2016 #1191383 Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States

This is very helpful! I had waited for over 6 weeks for a replacement phone to be shipped to my house after I sent my "defective" phone in for repairs. I am going to put my story on BBB right now. THANK YOU.

Mar 30, 2016 #1136449 Marble Falls, Texas, United States

So True, if they are going to route calls from America to the Phillipines or wherever at least train them adequately in speech and customer service (true customer service) not an automated pop response screen

1 0 Reply

Apr 01, 2016 #1137591

Jul 21, 2016 #1188154 Abbeville, Louisiana, United States

I was lied to by Straight talk I spent hours on the phone trying to correct a problem I was hung up on twice and my problem was never solved I was told I would get a credit for my 2 weeks of bad service but that was a lie to get me off the phone the customer service representative treated me like *** she didn't even answer half my question I wanna talk to someone about these issues because I feel like im being robbed by Straight talk my Name is Lee Diggs 3372128140 im starting to think straight doesn't want a black using there service

0 1 Reply

Mar 26, 2016 #1134315

terrible experience with the "bring your own phone" . they could not get my phone activated although their system indicated my phone qualified. they ran into trouble because my phone # was originally given to me in maine where I lived. things went down hill from there. I was passed around like a soccer ball or a hot potato (chose your own analogy). "The mantra started.....call back in 24 to 48 hrs... it will be active in 2 to 24 hours...I will give it to my supervisor... on and on and on. incompetence is the word...everyone is in their own world and info does not pass smoothly...no problem resolution dept... its just "baffle the client with more BS....
so sad... it could be a lot more organized, customer friendly...oh yes...the other comments I got ,waiting on line for 15+ minutes was "my system is not responding. .stay on the line.... I would add,,, bring your lunch, it will be a while..

Mar 27, 2016 #1134692

Aug 09, 2016 #1196857 Ireland, Indiana, United States

Well Marie I bought a iPhone 5s from Walmart 9weeks ago. Screen turns blue and sometimes it shuts off by its self. And yes did reset complete erase and redownloaded software. Been in otter box from day one. So straight talk wants me to drive over a hour to exchange this phone, instead of driving ten minutes to Walmart where I bought it and exchange. How does Walmart sell the phones , sell the plans but can't exchange phones. So in the end you guys get your money and we have to drive out of our way to get a replacement if we have problems or we could send it to you and be without a phone and wait and wait. So we are suppose to trust you but you give no efforts in attempting to show any type of useful support. When you have issues with your phone do you drive out out of your way or put it in the mail. Very doubtful so there is a loop hole but it depends who you are.

Mar 10, 2016 #1125260

Have been having issues with my phone also, will not send or receive pictures. Called the support team many times. The support people that I talked to were hard to understand, but did try to help. After receiving the first sim card to fix the issue, which it did not, I went to chatting. After many try's with the codes, they sent me another sim card, that one didn't work either I finally try the Corporate Office in Miami to try and talk to someone in the US, the person that I talked to was very rude and wouldn't even listen to me, just switched me to a support team International of coarse. Which really pissed me off. I will be calling the better business tomorrow to complain about that company. The person that I talked with from the support group was trying to be very helpful and said that I have a defective phone which I had come to the conclusion when the 3 sim card didn't work. Have minutes left on my plan and don't want to lose them if I send the phone back.

Feb 27, 2016 #1119065

Having similar probs. The customer service people keep hanging up on me and I'm not being mean just strait foward. I'm *** have spent over 10.000 dollars on this service in last ten years or so never had probs till last few mths. Now all you get is some turban speaking person that hangs up on you. Im calling better bis buro.

1-20 of 201 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.