8.4K views

Straight Talk is Beyond Horrible!

After only 1 month, my phone stopped working. It would not recognize that I added the unlimted $45 card to it. The phone was purchased new from Walmart.

I called the customer DIS service department and they saw that their system did recognize that I did add minutes but my phone did not.

So, after spending LITERALLY 12 HOURS and 15 minutes on the phone with the Straight Talk customer DIS service department (that is what I call them now) over the course of approximatley 8-10 different phone calls... Still NOTHING was resolved. They gave me codes to put into my phone NUMEROUS times despite the fact that it didn't work the previous day that I talked to them and was told to do that.

So, as of today, I have not have ANY cell phone service for 18 days(almost 3 weeks). 3 Weeks that I paid for!

Straight Talk wanted me to send my phone back to them. So, they took 5 plus days to send me an airbill fed ex package so I could mail them my phone. I sent it on Thursday and it was received at Straight talk the next day.

So, I waited about a week and called them to see where my phone was... I was told 3 different things by 3 different people.. The best was by a supervisor who told me that I would have a new phone on my doorstep in 3 days. BUT, when I asked him if the phone was shipped from their warehouse, he said I DON"T KNOW! I asked him.. how can you tell me I will have my new phone in 3 days when you don't even know if it was shipped or not???? He could not understand this concept at all!!!!

He could not give me a tracking number .. b/c there was none!

BOTTOM LINE... I filed an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org and within 24 hours I had the Better Business Bureau liason at Straight talk and she personally called me at my work number and walked to the warehouse and got a new phone herself changed my number to that phone, made sure it worked. She is also sending it to me OVERNIGHT.

She is in the Corporate Office in Miami, Florida.

I also asked that I get a month FREE for all the aggravation and she agreed to do that.

This is her contact info

Main phone 800 876 5753 x 6175

or 305-715-6500 x 6175

fax 305-715-6737

Her name is Karen Calderon

email is kcalderon@tracfone.com

She is the Better Business SPecialist with Trac Fone Wireless.. This is who is the parent company of Straight Talk and who you ultimately need to deal with if you have a problem with Straight Talk.

I am posting this b/c I am thoroughly disgusted with the way I was treated by the foreign customer service department who are like zombies reading from a script no matter what you say to them.

I hope this helps someone.

Had an Experience with Straight Talk Wireless?

Comments

#1371918

I've been going thru the SAME exact thing!I started my plan in February.

Since then, I've had a phone that shorted out on me, a bad replaced SIM card, an overheating phone.

My number changed, without my consent, the shabbiest customer service ever to be experienced and STILL as I type, I am awaiting to reclaim my number which I've established too business to lose.I've been on a manhunt with this company posting my terrible experience with "StraightGarbage" in hope this crap-company no longer gain anyones' business.

Thank you soooooo much this past week I have been dealing with one *** after another and I am very sorry to say that be cause I have worked in customer service and telemarketing before I actually went to India to train a call 've yet which I later found out that I was basically training my replacement and was laid off.....to get them to help u out in any way is beyond them and there abilities I under stand it from the bottom line point of view but from a customer's point of view it is horrible and they will lose more business than anything.....they don't seem to care or want to help at all....and like u said they just read from a script and if the answer is not in there data base there response is either there is nothing they can do and that there is no way to do that....it seriously is like talking to an automated machine....might as well be....thank you for the numbers and the info ...ur post made my life just a little easier....

Delhi, Delhi, India #1314738

We can put your website on 1st page of Google to drive relevant traffic to your site.Let us know if you would be interested in getting detailed proposal.

We can also schedule a call & will be pleased to explain our services in detail.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.Thanks!

to Lucy #1338791

No advertisements go call cs cause they don't care either

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, United States #1301497

I'm sorry you're had so many problems but I'm also glad.I thought I was the only one that was stuck in straight lie ***.

It is now March 11th and I have attempted to work with them I've got a hundred and thirty-nine hours logged on phone time alone and as you said no service forced to buy additional service only to have them disable it repeatedly including removing my IP address and any information pertaining to getting online or I can even use the phone to call Straight Talk I am now waiting still since February 9th to get my money back as they lied to me repeatedly misrepresentation is their best thing to do.Straight Talk is got to be one of the biggest lies in America's history I would never recommend them to anyone and I have yet to hear back from them about my money being returned

Thank you so much for this contact information. I too am fed up and disgusted with the foreign people and their so called "customer service".

Gainesville, Florida, United States #1251561

i BOUGHT A STRAIGHT TALK PHONE OVER THE INTERNET LAST AUGUST.IT WAS A SAMAUNG GALAZY S4, AND WAS ADVERTISED AS NEW.

BY THAT I ASSUMED IT WAS NEW BECAUSE SOME OF THE OTHER PHONES ADVERTISED SAID THEY WERE RECONDITIONED. THIS PHONE DID NOT SAY IT WAS RECONDITIONED. AFTER HAVING IT FOR TWO MONTHS, I HAD PROBLEMS AND CALLED FOR TECHNICAL HELP AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS A RECONDITIONED PHONE. THAT DID NOT MAKE ME HAPPY SINCE I EXPECTED IT HAD NOT BEEN PRE-OWNED.

SO THEY SAID TO RETURN THE PHONE AND THEN THEY WOULD SEND ME ANOTHER RECONDITIONED PHONE. AGAIN I TOLD THEM I DID NOT WANT A RECONDITIONED PHONE. THE S4 WAS STOPPED PRODUCTION LONG AGO AND THERE ARE NO NEW S4'S I HAVE LEARNED. SO THE SECOND RECONDITIONED PHONE IS NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY, CALLS CROPPED OFTEN, DO NOT GET CALLS OFTEN, PEOPLE SAY THEY CALL AND DO NOT GET VOICE MAIL, I AM IN THE SAME ROOM AND DO NOT HEAR IT RING.

THAT HAS HAPPENED MANY TIMES. LAST WEEK I TALKED TO A STRAIGHT TALK PERSON WHO SAID I WOULD BE GIVEN A REFUND AND THAT SOMEONE WOULD BE CALLING ME WITH DETAILS. I NEVER GOT THAT CALL, MAYBE CAUSE THE PHONE IS NOT RINGING ALL CALLS, AND THERE WAS NO MESSAGE. THIS WEEK I CALL FOR DETAIL AND AM TOLD I HAVE TO ACCEPT ANOTHER RECONDITIONED PHONE, AFTER THEY SAID I WOULD GET A REFUND.

I HAVE BEEN ON HOLD FOR 35 MINUTES WHILE I ASKED IT TO BE BUMPED UP TO THE NEXT LEVEL. IT IS CALLED "IGNORE". THEY INSIST I ACCEPT RECONDITIONED PHONES. I WOULD PREFER TO USE THE REFUND TO BUY...

NEVER BUY A PHONE FROM STRAIGHT TALK ON THE INTERNET SINCE THEY ARE DISHONEST AND SELL USED PHONES AS NEW, AND THE LAG TIME BETWEEN RETURNING THE PHONE AND GETTING A NEW ONE IS TWO WEEKS THAT I HAVE NO CELL PHONE, MY MAIN PHONE.

HOW CAN THEY SAY LAST WEEK THEY WOULD REFUND THE PURCHASE OF THE FIRST RECONDITONED PHONE THAT WAS ADVERTISED AS NEW, AND NOW SAY NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN AND I HAVE TO ACCEPT A RECONDITONED PHONE. ANOTHER LAG TIME OF NO PHONE. THEY ARE VERY DIFFICULT. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT A WORD THEY KNOW, AND BOTH PHONE WERE USED, THE FIRST MISREPRESENTED AS NEW.

THEY HAVE ANOTHER ONE ON THEIR WEB SITE LATE NIGHT, A SAMSUNG S4 FOR 149.99 WHICH I PAID AND IT DOES NOT SAY RECONDITIONED. THEY ARE ALL RECONDITIONED NOW. THEY HAVE BEEN SOLD OUT OF THEM FOR A LONG TIME. I LIKE USING STRAIGHT TALK BUT DO NOT LIKE THEY GIVE NO SELECTION OF CARRIER, AS ATT DOES NOT WORK IN MANY PLACES AND SERVICE HERE IS BAD, AND WORSE IF I MOVE I WAS TOLD.

IN THE STORE I CAN PICK OUT THE CARRIER SINCE THE BOXES ARE CODED. NO WAY CAN YOU DETERMINE THAT OVER THE WEB SITE. AND THE PHONES DID NOT COME IN A NEW BOX BUT SEND WRAPPED WITH PLASTIC WRAP IN A PLAIN BOX, NOT LIKE THE NEW ONES IN THE STORE. HELP.

I FIND THIS TO BE ILLEGAL TO ELL PHONES AS NEW WHEN THEY ARE NOT, AND INSIST THAT 15 DAYS HAS PASSED SO THE NON WORKING PHONE CANNOT BE REFUNDED. I CALLED BEFORE 15 DAYS BUT WAS TOLD IT CAME WITH PRELOADED APPS WHICH I KNEW WAS NOT TRUE. THAT CALL DIDN'T MATTER. IT HAS BEEN OVERLY SENSITIVE AND CALLS DROP OR NEVER GET THEM.

I HAVE MONOVSION AND CAN NOT SEE MY TYPING WITHOUT USING THE CAPITAL LETTERS.SORRY ABOUT THAT.

to Anonymous #1292217

I too bought a "new" phone but a galaxy s3 and mine too was defective. They refuse to send me a replacement before receiving the defective phone, which irritates the *** out of me because I have no other means of communication outside of this phone and my work phone! So if my son has an asthma attack while away then I would never know because I wouldn't have a phone.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1250425

It definitely helped me. These people talk to you as if you're beneath them & they do not respect the customer's needs or concerns.

I will let you know tomorrow. Their offices are closed tonight.