Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
9.7K views

Straight Talk is Beyond Horrible!

After only 1 month, my phone stopped working. It would not recognize that I added the unlimted $45 card to it. The phone was purchased new from Walmart.

I called the customer DIS service department and they saw that their system did recognize that I did add minutes but my phone did not.

So, after spending LITERALLY 12 HOURS and 15 minutes on the phone with the Straight Talk customer DIS service department (that is what I call them now) over the course of approximatley 8-10 different phone calls... Still NOTHING was resolved. They gave me codes to put into my phone NUMEROUS times despite the fact that it didn't work the previous day that I talked to them and was told to do that.

So, as of today, I have not have ANY cell phone service for 18 days(almost 3 weeks). 3 Weeks that I paid for!

Straight Talk wanted me to send my phone back to them. So, they took 5 plus days to send me an airbill fed ex package so I could mail them my phone. I sent it on Thursday and it was received at Straight talk the next day.

So, I waited about a week and called them to see where my phone was... I was told 3 different things by 3 different people.. The best was by a supervisor who told me that I would have a new phone on my doorstep in 3 days. BUT, when I asked him if the phone was shipped from their warehouse, he said I DON"T KNOW! I asked him.. how can you tell me I will have my new phone in 3 days when you don't even know if it was shipped or not???? He could not understand this concept at all!!!!

He could not give me a tracking number .. b/c there was none!

BOTTOM LINE... I filed an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org and within 24 hours I had the Better Business Bureau liason at Straight talk and she personally called me at my work number and walked to the warehouse and got a new phone herself changed my number to that phone, made sure it worked. She is also sending it to me OVERNIGHT.

She is in the Corporate Office in Miami, Florida.

I also asked that I get a month FREE for all the aggravation and she agreed to do that.

This is her contact info

Main phone 800 876 5753 x 6175

or 305-715-6500 x 6175

fax 305-715-6737

Her name is Karen Calderon

email is kcalderon@tracfone.com

She is the Better Business SPecialist with Trac Fone Wireless.. This is who is the parent company of Straight Talk and who you ultimately need to deal with if you have a problem with Straight Talk.

I am posting this b/c I am thoroughly disgusted with the way I was treated by the foreign customer service department who are like zombies reading from a script no matter what you say to them.

I hope this helps someone.

Comments

GloriousRedAdmiral145

Just have to say I am having real problems with straight talk as well, my phone stopped working they sent me the email to send my phone in and they would send a replacement. I sent my phone last week, I called Monday and was told they received my phone and was shipping my new one out.

I called today and talked to several "managers" who said they didn't have my phone and was not sending my new one until I proved I sent it. I am in the process of moving and had to miss work today because I was told my phone would be here and I had to sign for it. They have been rude and hateful and I am pissed at how they are treating me.

I have been with straight talk for over 9 years and this is how I am treated. Just send me my phone i have kids and need my phone and cant afford a new one.

@GloriousRedAdmiral145

Hi GloriousRedAdmiral145. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I'm sorry that you are having issues with your replacement phone. This is not the kind of experience we want you to have. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent.

I had almost the same situation. CS seems robotic reading from a script.

Telling me the same thing over and over. Didn’t give me the correct package I paid for. And not only that, but they’ve shut my service off a cpl times by “accident”.

So I’ve gone with out service and have gone without internet. I will not stay with ST and I certainly would not suggest them

First call was over an hour long. When the first lady answered, she tried to help, but couldn't.

She then sent me to someone else who got very little info and then placed me on hold and kept picking up the phone without saying anything hoping I will eventually hang up, they eventually got tired of checking and just hung up on me. I called immediately back and told the guy what was done and he got someone back in that department on the phone. She got frustrated and must to have not been looking at the same phone. She was telling to go to certain areas that was not leading to the area that she wanted me in.

She stated that I wasn't following directions. I didn't know what I was doing. I informed her that I had a note 8 and pretty much know how to deal with any phone. She stated since I didn't know what I was doing, she was going to do it by turning it off.

I then once she repeated it did what she was asking, she got frustrated takes her phone down or hits it against the desk because what she stated to do didn't work which was turn the phone off and push the volume button down. At this time, I got tired of her telling me that I didn't know how to follow directions and asked to speak to someone else. Her manager got on the phone and basically held the phone without saying much. I asked if he was still there and he apparently had left without saying anything and just kept me on hold without letting me know I was on hold.

I held on for about 1 hour waiting on him to come back which is unacceptable. Calling the number above in the morning, I have never been so disrespected in my life.

If I knew I had to go through this, I would have got on a regular plan. The supervisors are worst than the customer service reps.

Please file complaints w the BBB. It's the only way to pressure this company to do what is right.

They will tell you that ur phone is compatible, but then u realize after a short time that it is not.

They'll then tell u 2 but a new phone from them. They r nothing but scammers

@Anonymous

Hi. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. We understand that your previous experience was unpleasant, and we want to make it right for you. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355.

Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

@MariaST

Your representative suck I’ve had nothing but issues trying to switch over from straight talk to Verizon. You charge my card three days early even after I have spent 20 minutes on the phone with a gentleman who was supposed to take the automatic refill off.

I would never go back to straight talk and I will be pulling my other line off as soon as possible too. When you guys overcharge people you should be good on giving the money back Vs acting like you’re not a multimillionaire business

Do not go w this company. Straighttalk is horrible n will not budge.

No service on my phone. Unable 2 text or call. No mobile data for weeks.

They will not refund money nor can they fix issues. But, they r great at lies

@DC

Hi DC. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry to hear that you are displeased with the product and service. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Strait talk should provide better service call centers for support. Spent 4 hours on phone. Hung up one six times ruderuderude.

@genevieve wert

Hi genevieve wert. We apologize for the inconvenience.

For further assistance, please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Look I'm so tired of Straight Talk trying to get money off everyone else saying our date is gone and everything else when I use Wi-Fi in the house my data gone when I use Wi-Fi this is *** every time that I buy a card it doesn't last like it says it's supposed to even know that I'm using Wi-Fi they want to get more money off of us and it's not happening I will make sure your system gets shut down Forever This is *** I will spread the word all over the United States of America and let them know how big of a crime Crooks y'all really are either fix my Wi-Fi I've been with y'all for 7 years fix my Wi-Fi make it right or I will make sure that straight talk will be took off the stores and I will keep doing it I will spread the rumors all around the nation I promise I'm not playing games I don't have the money to keep putting in this damn phone just because y'all systems are shut down or whatever and making it damn excuses to get more money off people this is what you call a crook crime Yahoo doing us to get more money which I think it's *** and I swear to God on everything I love I will make sure the whole nation knows about this so what are we going to do about it do you want a bad name on Straight Talk because I got friends all over the world and you will lose more customers than you ever know in your life then you going to have to figure out a way to make it right to everyone either that or get out of business

@Anonymous

Hi. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I noticed your post on this blog and I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

@MariaST

I contacted someone in chat and someone on that customer service number and neither solved my problem or were helpful in any way.

So glad I am not the only one who's had this problem but two phones of the exact same make and model for my children for Christmas called to activate them was told they were activated put $45 cards on each one and then was informed that the internet had messed up and I could not use those phones where I lived and the only way that they could resolve this by was issuing me a refund to a debit card that had been stolen and it was a government benefit child support payment card she informed me that that was the only way they could refund my money that was the only way they could help me and all I asked was if I could ship them back those phones and then send me phones that would work after 10 phone calls and approximately 11 hours on the phone I still have not gotten anything resolved so I've been battling this since December 27th 2017 and today is January 30th 2018 and I still have gotten nothing accomplished we'll plan on calling this lady thank you so much for your post and your information

@Shelby

Hi Shelby. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I noticed your post on this blog and I want to help you. To better assist you with your refund request, please contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

@MariaST

They don’t help you with nothing they just tell you they can’t do *** even when they’re supposed to be recorded conversations. I shut my automated refill up on the sixth the guy told me I had a couple extra days to get my number ported out to Verizon.

I have another phone on straight talk if that will soon be switched over us so I will never go back to this company. I’m paying for two lines yet I have one phone number

#1371918

I've been going thru the SAME exact thing! I started my plan in February.

Since then, I've had a phone that shorted out on me, a bad replaced SIM card, an overheating phone.

My number changed, without my consent, the shabbiest customer service ever to be experienced and STILL as I type, I am awaiting to reclaim my number which I've established too business to lose. I've been on a manhunt with this company posting my terrible experience with "StraightGarbage" in hope this crap-company no longer gain anyones' business.

Thank you soooooo much this past week I have been dealing with one *** after another and I am very sorry to say that be cause I have worked in customer service and telemarketing before I actually went to India to train a call 've yet which I later found out that I was basically training my replacement and was laid off.....to get them to help u out in any way is beyond them and there abilities I under stand it from the bottom line point of view but from a customer's point of view it is horrible and they will lose more business than anything.....they don't seem to care or want to help at all....and like u said they just read from a script and if the answer is not in there data base there response is either there is nothing they can do and that there is no way to do that....it seriously is like talking to an automated machine....might as well be....thank you for the numbers and the info ...ur post made my life just a little easier....

We can put your website on 1st page of Google to drive relevant traffic to your site. Let us know if you would be interested in getting detailed proposal.

We can also schedule a call & will be pleased to explain our services in detail.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks!