10.6K views

Straight Talk is Beyond Horrible!

After only 1 month, my phone stopped working. It would not recognize that I added the unlimted $45 card to it. The phone was purchased new from Walmart.

I called the customer DIS service department and they saw that their system did recognize that I did add minutes but my phone did not.

So, after spending LITERALLY 12 HOURS and 15 minutes on the phone with the Straight Talk customer DIS service department (that is what I call them now) over the course of approximatley 8-10 different phone calls... Still NOTHING was resolved. They gave me codes to put into my phone NUMEROUS times despite the fact that it didn't work the previous day that I talked to them and was told to do that.

So, as of today, I have not have ANY cell phone service for 18 days(almost 3 weeks). 3 Weeks that I paid for!

Straight Talk wanted me to send my phone back to them. So, they took 5 plus days to send me an airbill fed ex package so I could mail them my phone. I sent it on Thursday and it was received at Straight talk the next day.

So, I waited about a week and called them to see where my phone was... I was told 3 different things by 3 different people.. The best was by a supervisor who told me that I would have a new phone on my doorstep in 3 days. BUT, when I asked him if the phone was shipped from their warehouse, he said I DON"T KNOW! I asked him.. how can you tell me I will have my new phone in 3 days when you don't even know if it was shipped or not???? He could not understand this concept at all!!!!

He could not give me a tracking number .. b/c there was none!

BOTTOM LINE... I filed an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org and within 24 hours I had the Better Business Bureau liason at Straight talk and she personally called me at my work number and walked to the warehouse and got a new phone herself changed my number to that phone, made sure it worked. She is also sending it to me OVERNIGHT.

She is in the Corporate Office in Miami, Florida.

I also asked that I get a month FREE for all the aggravation and she agreed to do that.

This is her contact info

Main phone 800 876 **** x 6175

or 305-715-**** x 6175

fax 305-715-****

Her name is Karen Calderon

email is kcalderon@***.com

She is the Better Business SPecialist with Trac Fone Wireless.. This is who is the parent company of Straight Talk and who you ultimately need to deal with if you have a problem with Straight Talk.

I am posting this b/c I am thoroughly disgusted with the way I was treated by the foreign customer service department who are like zombies reading from a script no matter what you say to them.

I hope this helps someone.

Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Comments

@PissedConsumer652491

call the 305 area code #. and ask to be connected to the extension listed above. it worked for me, i got her voicemail around noontime.

I have had the same issue with Straight Talk. So I emailed Karen and also filed a complaint with the BBB and once I told a manager at Straight Talk they were quick to tell me that they will be shipping my phone out today and it will be here tomorrow, lets see if it comes tomorrow. If it doesn't I will be emailing Karen again telling her I want a free month or 2 of service PLUS a brand new make and model phone since it's taken this long.

Thanks for sharing your info. I just told the CSRs aka Sevice Mgrs for Straight Talk in the Phillipines they suck at their jobs.

Maybe someone can fix my situation. Again, I really appreciate this info.

thank you for the info. i have been dealing with straight talk for 4 months trying to get the right phone, the first one didnt work then i got a reconditioned one in place of it now still trying to get my new phone.

i will not be using it because i will not use their service.

they lie, cheat and say whatever they want and do not ever come true as to the promises they say. grrrrr.

:( :( :( This is an e-mail I just sent to Straight Talk CS, NOT that it will change anything!! They are by far the WORST!! :( :( :(

You’re customer service is the WORST! Customer service in all of the wireless industry!! I have tried to change my son’s phone number from his old Straight Talk phone to my old Straight Talk phone since Saturday, March 23rd. I have been hung up on at least 6 times. Straight Talk needs to hire within the United States with ENGLISH speaking CSR! After speaking with the 9th CSR (no exaggeration) I was then told I had to replace the SIM card in my old phone. This would have been very helpful information the first time I called, instead I was told several times that the phone would be active in an hour. When it was active the next day, I called several more times to be told that it would be active within 24 hours, 3 days later it is still not active and just now told, by someone who could not speak very good English, that I needed to replace the SIM card.

I have already switched to a different company for my phone and will be doing so with my son’s phone.

Your website is of no help! I put in my information and it returns me back to the same page with no information in it.

You have wasted my time and money! Not that I will receive a refund or even better service the number associated with this e-mail is 641-858-****. Train your foreign employees better!!!!

@Maximilien Oic

Not sure if it's too late, but perhaps you should forward this to Karen. (her info is above.) I'm disgusted as well with how ignorant they are.

my mother had the same problem couldnt get anyone speakin english there were never any SUPERVISORS able to talk so i did some research found this site and info and i called karen directly she sent out a phone immediatly and hopefully will recieve it within two days if it werent for this site i dont know what would have happened my mother probably went mad a 250$ phone just roaming out in mail space and no one knows where it is its ridiculous.

The phone number for the liason was very helpful. If you have any problems with straight talk that is the best way to solve your problem.

I was on the phone with customer service for 2 plus hours and got nowhere.

I found this phone number and my problem was solved in minutes. Thank You

I foolishly went with straight talk without doing research (based on the recommendation of a friend). I don't even know where to begin with the issues I've had with this company.

I don't know what is worst: the customer service, the phone product, or the cell service itself. Bottom line is they're all horrible. In addition, I tried to bring my existing smart phone into the service. Due to the astronomical incompetence on the "customer no-service" part, my smart phone became permanently locked and no repair service can get it unlocked.

So I'm out that as well.

I've filed a Better Business Bureau complaint and will be heading back to AT&T with my talk between my legs, to get my old service back.

I had brought a ZTE Merrit back in September-phone was working just fine. Was able to send/receive/download pic messages had service (even when i wasn't in 3G area),in December i noticed that anytime i would send/receive/download a pic message it started to take longer than usual.After a few weeks it would not send/download.I would have 3G service.I could deal with that.In late Jan.

early Feb. i would loose service just here & there & no power lines or no towers would be down in the area. It started happening more & more often & i would go for hours without service & i would still be in 3G area.I use my phone for work-i would loose hours of work time (time i did not get paid,company wuold not re-imburse me.I called straight talk on Feb. 11, stated the problems that it was causing me- i gave them my email addy to send the air bill for me to send the phone back as i had an old ST phone i could use.

She said wait 24 hrs for the email. I did...nothing...called bk on Feb 12 rep said email was not correct- okay np human mistake. I repeated email addy slowly bk, she repeated bk to me correct. So i decided to call bk to make sure they got it correct.

AGAIN....it wasn't. Gave the 3rd rep email addy again SLOWLY-he repeated bk correct. Wait another 24 hours-again no email. Called bk Feb.

13 asked where email is: yet again it was wrong. 4th rep i stated in a very slow manner, she repeated bk correct. wait 24 hours. I called bk a few hrs later to see if correct and yet again NO....4 different reps could not get my email addy correct-EVEN AFTER I REPEATED OVER, OVER AND OVER VERY SLOWLY TO THEM!

So i threatened to file a compaint with the BBB, FTC, FCC, and they got on the ball quick about it, and got my email addy right. I got the air bill in email within a few hrs and sent the phone off. They received it on Feb. 15.

I knew with Presidents Day coming up i knew they wouldnt send it off that Monday. So I called Feb. 19 ask for tracking number and the rep kept saying we need your phone-we never got your phone. I hung up called bk.

He also stated the same and after 10 min of telling him yes he finally say o i see it now. I aksed for tracking number: he gave me the tracking # for the air bill-i told him that is wrong tracking # and i need tracking number for the replacement phone-O well we need your phone first b4 we send you a replacement phone. Called bk and was stated by a manager they will be shipping it out on Feb. 20th and wil receive it on or by Feb.

27. I thanked him for what he done and that was all i needed to know. Well i called on Feb. 21 for tracking #.

O we don't give tracking #'s out. We don't use tracking #'s. WTF??? I stated ya u don't give them out cause you never send anything out!

Well needless to say i stil dont have replacement phone and good thing i found this page cause i will be giving her a call here soon and stating what is going on and what crapy CS they have. I already have the paperwork filled out and ready to send in to the BBB, FTC, and FCC. And I used to work for CS while going to college to get my degree. And all these reps had thick acents to where you can not understand them!!

This is one reason why i try to deal with American Reps only. You repeat info bk to the forgein reps repeatedly and they act like they didnt understand or dont know what you are talking about!

VERY SAD! :( :( :( :( :(

In the same boat as a lot of you. We need to stand up to this so called customer friendly company. They say they want to save you money and in the long run you are paying more, because it is taxing on the emotions and lets face it we are not living with the best economy and need to save where we can. I feel your pain.

~~Class Action??????

@Paiten Lwv

We switched from at@t to straight talk. I was told by cooperate in FLorida manager"they are all managers it seems" that the unlimited plan is not really unlimited.

For calls is like 50,000 mins, There are so many texts and the data is "slowed down" at 1.5 gigs. So I stated that it's not really unlimited then is it? But He stated that is more than normal people use. My sons data was turned off for "overuse" Yet we have wifi.

But it wasn't "slowed down" it was TURNED off. So much for unlimited Data for straight talk. I made a complain the the FCC and the BBB and wrote to Karen Calderon from tracfone in hopes to get this situation resolved. I never swore, or yelled although I was firm.

But i was swithced from person to automated high used data recording and just placed on hold. I was treated with disrespect and blown off. I ctold them i would NOT let this go and I won't. I don't expect much but i do expect my sons data to be turned back on and an apology and a refund for that month.

That isn't to much to ask. How is it legal to advertised right on their "cards" unlimted call, data and texting when it's admittedly NOT true for all three facets.

i purchased a sims card on line they sent me the wrong 1 n would replace it they exspected me to purchase another one

this company it a rip off stay clear of them ..

thnx lilith

Verizon's products aren't so great either. Had 3 droid 2's sent to me before I got one that actually worked.

Then after a year the right side no longer responded to touch. The phones they sent were certified like new but yet if there was water damage I'd be charged full price for the phone even though they were used

im sick of the people who work for straight talk they kept cutting my phone off after i paid for my phone who in the *** do they think they are ,are they sitting back and laughing when they are deactived my phone some scrooges are inthe house , but the have really pissed me off i will not ever have service with their dumb *** have a very merry *** christmas

Elisha from Dickinson, TX: We are struggling with this same credit card drafting as well and then some. BOTH our accounts were JACKED UP royally.

I do have this information now along with another name, phone number, and possibly another name to look up as well.

Push comes to shove, was wondering if you might be on FB or if there is another way to stay in touch? My email: stormstarter00@***.com

I have been been extremely frustrated with Straight Talk. Not once even after extensive emails has anyone said "We apologize for the inconvenience!' I even told the person emailing me: "I want to talk to someone not receive some verbatim rebuttal your reps use. I am human please treat me as such! I want to be a happy customer not a pissed consumer. Thank you." Wouldn't you know the response I got was:

Cinthia ******,

We may need to reset your phone. It could erase some files of the phone. These may include your saved contacts, pictures and downloaded files. If you have an SD card, you may transfer it there for back up. Would you like to proceed?

I was floored at the response as a hard reset was already done?? So I emailed again and said:

Not once...has anyone said I apologize for the inconvinience? Seriously?? Am I not a customer I should be treated as such...I have written long emails and not once have I been acknowledged as a person."

Nope that didn't help no apologies, simply we will send you an air bill then you send us your phone and we will send you a refurbished phone. I even asked to pay for over night shipping and I was still treated like a number. Ugggghhhh pick up the phone and call me apologize for the inconvenience acknowledge the fact that I spend my hard earned money on your service..Treat me like a human!!!!!!

Thank you so much for whoever posted this, it's help with my current issue. the company charged my husband and i TWICE on our credit cards and then refused to refund when i called, they don't even have their corprate info posted, i had just about given up arguing with the forginers.

we finally got our money back, after TWO weeks of persisting. :(

I have been struggling with their junk android for five months!!!!buyers beware...suck it up and

go to verizon or at&t!!!! I am in touch with bbb and my attorney, what this company is doing is just so wrong on so many levels!

I have talked to so many people for this *** straight talk and its so frustrating.Nothing is getting done I had that huwaei phone i got 3 months ago its messed up i sent it in to get fixed almost 2 weeks ago and still havent got my replacement phone. its been messed up for last few months and i spent the 45$ on the unlimitted plan and over 100$ for the phone. I feel like im just throwing my money away.

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews