10.6K views

Straight Talk is Beyond Horrible!

After only 1 month, my phone stopped working. It would not recognize that I added the unlimted $45 card to it. The phone was purchased new from Walmart.

I called the customer DIS service department and they saw that their system did recognize that I did add minutes but my phone did not.

So, after spending LITERALLY 12 HOURS and 15 minutes on the phone with the Straight Talk customer DIS service department (that is what I call them now) over the course of approximatley 8-10 different phone calls... Still NOTHING was resolved. They gave me codes to put into my phone NUMEROUS times despite the fact that it didn't work the previous day that I talked to them and was told to do that.

So, as of today, I have not have ANY cell phone service for 18 days(almost 3 weeks). 3 Weeks that I paid for!

Straight Talk wanted me to send my phone back to them. So, they took 5 plus days to send me an airbill fed ex package so I could mail them my phone. I sent it on Thursday and it was received at Straight talk the next day.

So, I waited about a week and called them to see where my phone was... I was told 3 different things by 3 different people.. The best was by a supervisor who told me that I would have a new phone on my doorstep in 3 days. BUT, when I asked him if the phone was shipped from their warehouse, he said I DON"T KNOW! I asked him.. how can you tell me I will have my new phone in 3 days when you don't even know if it was shipped or not???? He could not understand this concept at all!!!!

He could not give me a tracking number .. b/c there was none!

BOTTOM LINE... I filed an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org and within 24 hours I had the Better Business Bureau liason at Straight talk and she personally called me at my work number and walked to the warehouse and got a new phone herself changed my number to that phone, made sure it worked. She is also sending it to me OVERNIGHT.

She is in the Corporate Office in Miami, Florida.

I also asked that I get a month FREE for all the aggravation and she agreed to do that.

This is her contact info

Main phone 800 876 **** x 6175

or 305-715-**** x 6175

fax 305-715-****

Her name is Karen Calderon

email is kcalderon@***.com

She is the Better Business SPecialist with Trac Fone Wireless.. This is who is the parent company of Straight Talk and who you ultimately need to deal with if you have a problem with Straight Talk.

I am posting this b/c I am thoroughly disgusted with the way I was treated by the foreign customer service department who are like zombies reading from a script no matter what you say to them.

I hope this helps someone.

Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Comments

Right, WTF!! What is straighttalk thinking about by sending cust.

service over seas?? Last week they cut off my phone (nokia e71) and they sent me a new sim card but now can't find my number. Yes people, they lost my phone number. Now i'm calling the corp.

office, i'll keep ya'll updated.

Jerry :x

I'm really thinking about puttin them on the news for false advertisement !

this is the worst company by far I have ever delt with and I am going to post this any and everywhere I can and I have lots of time to WARN others NOT TO DEAL with them.

I purchased a phone for my daughter attending A&M's birthday...had it overnight-ed an Xtra 15.00 and it did arrive as promised...HOWEVER...it was NOT the phone I had ordered....and in fact...it was not even a WORKING PHONE!! ITS DEFECTIVE!!

I've spent the better part of 5 hours on the phone with any and everyone imaginable to be told there's nothing they can do.

They will send me a box to mail the phone back...then after they receive it they will send back a replacement phone???!!!

So my child who travels alone 4 days a week 2 of those night classes for more than 3 hours a day on the road is to go without a phone??

NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

BUYER BEWARE...THIS COMPANY DOES NOT CARE FOR ITS CUSTOMERS WHAT SO EVER and my next destination is the BBB

NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT STRAIGHTTALK CUSTORMER SERVICE AND SERVICE IN GENERAL "SUCKS"...THEY WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER DOLLAR FROM ME...EVER...

to the person of the complaint:

I totally agree! streight talk gave me several diffrent excuses why i had no service when the towers were down in minnesota i got so mad that i asked to speak to their manager speaking to the mananger was like speaking to a wall he was a compleat ***.

thanks for giving a address and a name! please send this to my email i'd like to have this for feature refrences as well as the number!

minnesotawildfan2009@***.com thank you! :)

@J B Mnh

I'm suprised you actually spoke to a real manager. i but put in a complaint to the bbb and fcc and i wrote to kcalderon@***.com

i want to thank the person who posted this, it was a tremendous help, when my husband called the number above, we got an english speaking person and within 15- 20 mins we had the problem resolved. once again i say ty

Criminals are hacking into straight talk customer cell phone cell and deactivating there accounts and using the customer numbers to avoid paying their bills and to avoid being traced by the authorities. When the customers call straight talk to see what is wrong with their phones, they are told that they called in and had their number transferred to their other phones although they only one phone.

Straight talk encryption isnt secure and is being hacked. Once this occur, the customer have to wait a minimal of 1 week to get their number back and to receive a new sim card. So be careful.

I was a victim of this crime myself. Striaght doesnt seem very interested in solving this issue.

To help you guys...the CEO of straight talk name is F J Collack he is located in Maimi, FL! Just look up the address for tracfone in Maimi and write him a letter or fax him a letter.

Is there anyway straight talk customer can file a class action lawsuit?

They turned my mother's cell phone off today in middle of her service contract and gave someone else her cell phone number?

Yes horrible they are!!! Straight talk has transfered my cell number to someone else phone twice without my consent!!

It has been a struggle and very irrating!!! They had me to wait weeks before receiving a new sim card and kept transferring me from one person to another. I found out that their reps are located overseas.

Its pathetic!!! :(

On 2/22/2012 I ordered 2 free phones and had to buy the two service plans ($65.38) to get the phones. I received the two phones along with the two service plans 2/27/2012 at 9:30 pm (Straight Talk sent phones by Fed-Ex and stipulated only the person who ordered phone can sign so ordinarily at my apt complex the office staff signs for all other packages I've ever received.

So I had to drive 15 miles to pick up order after I got off work at 8:30 pm. So next morning I called to activate phones since you can't activate them online. Grueling. After 2 1/2 hours of activation failure due to sim card rejection message on both phones-the sim cards were in the phones when I got them.

Oh, but they were successful in redeeming my service plans to phones that do not work. I asked for a refund. Customer disservice torture agent told me I'd have to remain on the phone about another hour for that. I asked why can't I use the refund form portion of the order enclosed rather than have to stay on the phone with him.

He said he'd have to give me an authorization to return them and that required me to stay on the phone with him for at least an hour. I had to communicate with two agents, both whose second language was English, and I had to repeat the same information 22X -I counted them in the course of the call. Pure torture. I was sweating after I got off the call.

I will do all I can to never ever talk to an agent whose first language something other than English. The comprehension on both parties suffers greatly. It's not a prejudice issue, it's just I don't know what the heck they are saying and trying to process that and them trying to process my words is rather torturesome. Time is so wasted in the exchange of words when you are both grasping to understand what the other one is saying-hellish.

Good communication and clear vision are vital in this life especially when it is business related. If it was a brief exchange it'd be ok, but hey I'm talking over 2 1/2 hours of desperately trying to convey an issue and personal data. We truly need to stop patronizing these companies who have their csr's out of the states. I work in a call center and my customers reach me and say things like Oh, thank God someone I can understand and they can understand me.

Well, the bottom line, I still don't have my refund but I have contacted BBB and attorney general office. I don't plan on giving Straight Talk my hard earned cash for nothing. not only the money but the aggravation and time vested in this as well.

I will do whatever I can to get justice in this crooked dealing of Straight Talk. :cry :cry :cry :( :(

I bought this phone in July of last year and up until last week I had no problems. I broke my phone and went the same day to purchase a new phone.

I came home logged into my account and proceeded to do that transfer which resulted in me having to call customer service and I did. They finished the transaction and when all was said and done, I could send text but not receive them. I could not access the browser, they told me it could take a few hours for this to finish switching over. Ok I accepted that and eventually the texting started working BUT the browser did and still hasn't worked.

I called the next day to get help and I spent 57 minutes on the phone with customer service and still nothing resolved but the promise of two hours and it would be working. A lie. Day 3 call back to customer service, again I am told to enter so many *** codes I can't recall how many. BY the end of that day my phone will and still does periodically just shut itself off OR goes to NO SERVICE just sitting in one place.

I AGAIN call and email customer service and explain that now not only is the browser not working the phone is shutting itself off randomly or telling me no service even when I haven't moved an inch and of course, the foreign people are not understanding what the problem is!

I am tired of this and so I did a Google search found this site and another site with the information and currently on hold but at least the person I am speaking with SPEAKS ENGLISH and is of more help. I am hoping for a better resolution!

I purchased an android, from day 1 the phone would lock on me with no response. I had to turn the phone off then back on to work for a phone call or until the auto lock came on.

The rep did not understand what lock up means kept asking the question on what do I mean. I returned the phone to experience the same issue with the new android. That seems resolved now. My phone was off for one day and they changed my number on me, I did not request a new number after going back and forth for a day, one supervisor corrected it for me...temporarily.

I left home and the phone updated and changed the number again. I have been going through it with the horrible customer service they give, and my next step is the better business bureau.

@PissedConsumer391169

All androids lock up. That's what they are supposed to do.

It keeps thieves from getting a hold of all of your files if your phone is stolen. If you go to the lock and password options in your settings you'll understand.

I have been trying since 9/7/11 to get me land line transfered to my cell phone. The first day, they deactivated my cell phone.

I have not sent two request to Karen Calderon, I have not heard back from her.

We see, on the world news, buy American. Maybe it is time to bring all of the Customer Service jobs back to the US where they actually speak English and are able to help their customers.

i have a straight talk phone for 4 years never had a problem i dropped sent it throught the airbill the sent me there *** blackberry wannabe phone and it only takes 45 dollar cards so i only had 30 dollars to keep my phone on now there tellin me im *** out of my money and they cant do anything im suing and i will win

:( I have been with Straight Talk for almost 3 years and NEVER had any problems till I got a new phone... When I activated my new phone I had no problems, but when I went to add another card the next month they said my phone number or phone didn't exist and after arguing with them for an hour they said we can't do anything until you call from a different number!

I DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER NUMBER OR WAYS OF USING ANOTHER PHONE! Anyways, the supervisor of the rep I was talking to fixed my problem... NOW a month later, I haven't been able to open my contacts, texts or even add contacts... I have reset and restored the phone, taken the sim card out and taken the battery out.

Still no change, so today I call and they want to complain and say I have to call from a different line, again I DO NOT have a way of getting to another line and that is my ONLY phone.

So now we are calling corporate to fix my problem and complain about the horrible customer service, if they got someone that spoke English, some things would be better!!!! I am totally disgusted by the way they have been treating me!

i have have the worst luck with straight talk i transfered to a new phone then after i add mins they put my mins on someone elses phone so what the heck is wrong with these people i have had it for almost a year and i have had nothing but horrible service with them

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews