10.5K views

Straight Talk is Beyond Horrible!

After only 1 month, my phone stopped working. It would not recognize that I added the unlimted $45 card to it. The phone was purchased new from Walmart.

I called the customer DIS service department and they saw that their system did recognize that I did add minutes but my phone did not.

So, after spending LITERALLY 12 HOURS and 15 minutes on the phone with the Straight Talk customer DIS service department (that is what I call them now) over the course of approximatley 8-10 different phone calls... Still NOTHING was resolved. They gave me codes to put into my phone NUMEROUS times despite the fact that it didn't work the previous day that I talked to them and was told to do that.

So, as of today, I have not have ANY cell phone service for 18 days(almost 3 weeks). 3 Weeks that I paid for!

Straight Talk wanted me to send my phone back to them. So, they took 5 plus days to send me an airbill fed ex package so I could mail them my phone. I sent it on Thursday and it was received at Straight talk the next day.

So, I waited about a week and called them to see where my phone was... I was told 3 different things by 3 different people.. The best was by a supervisor who told me that I would have a new phone on my doorstep in 3 days. BUT, when I asked him if the phone was shipped from their warehouse, he said I DON"T KNOW! I asked him.. how can you tell me I will have my new phone in 3 days when you don't even know if it was shipped or not???? He could not understand this concept at all!!!!

He could not give me a tracking number .. b/c there was none!

BOTTOM LINE... I filed an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org and within 24 hours I had the Better Business Bureau liason at Straight talk and she personally called me at my work number and walked to the warehouse and got a new phone herself changed my number to that phone, made sure it worked. She is also sending it to me OVERNIGHT.

She is in the Corporate Office in Miami, Florida.

I also asked that I get a month FREE for all the aggravation and she agreed to do that.

This is her contact info

Main phone 800 876 **** x 6175

or 305-715-**** x 6175

fax 305-715-****

Her name is Karen Calderon

email is kcalderon@***.com

She is the Better Business SPecialist with Trac Fone Wireless.. This is who is the parent company of Straight Talk and who you ultimately need to deal with if you have a problem with Straight Talk.

I am posting this b/c I am thoroughly disgusted with the way I was treated by the foreign customer service department who are like zombies reading from a script no matter what you say to them.

I hope this helps someone.

Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Comments

Straight Talk is the worst company i have ever dealt with. It took me almost 2 weeks to port a number over from another carrier.

Had I not already bought the Straight talk phone I would have cancelled along time ago. Their customer service foreigners are TOTALLY illiterate. I wasted hours on the phone trying to work out the phone port. I finally had to get my old carrier to help.

TOTAL IDIOTS.

Then the second SIM card they sent me did not work with the prepaid card I bought so I had to spend another hour on the phone with customer service. Do not EVER use Straight Talk

Straight Talk, exclusive product & service of Walmart has some of THE worst service on the planet. Each and every month which I try and refill service either the website is down the 800 is down or both.

This company promises activation in approximately 5 minutes.

Last time it took 4 hours. After calling customer service they offered me a credit of 100 minutes but I spent most of that on the phone calls with Straight Talk

WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER JOKE

Thank you for this info! I have had no phone or text issues, but the internet never worked for as long as I've owned the phone.

Its been almost a year now. All calls are almost 3-4 hours. All scripted jabber, no personal service. Always put on hold while they "Talk to support" or "talk to a supervisor".

Then, you are put on hold again, and the call is "somehow" disconnected. I emailed this BBB liason.

I hope this gets my phone fixed. Thanks again!

Thank you anonymous,I am having the same exact!!! Situatoin!!!! I hope to have it resolved know that you have given me the info I need......THANK YOU!!!!

I get annoid when I receive about 10 text messages from Straight Talk each day starting a week and a half before the service end date. This message is to remind me to renew my service.

I have called several times, each and every flipping month and been promised that these annoying messages that I have to delete every flipping time will stop. I am now on the phone with a supervisor, AGAIN because I'm still receiving the same text messages from Straight Talk.

He, like the personnel I spoke to for the last 4 months, is promissing that I will no receiver these annoying text messages.

Let's see if it works this time. I am demanding a free month of service because of the agrivation and the extended amount of time I have to spend on the phone with these idiots.

:( I am extremely pissed, i had never had to deal with so many incompetent fools such as the reps at straight talk... first let me just say i don't have a cell phone through those people i use and will always use SPRINT, i called myself doing a favor for a friend who lives in a whole totally different state from me, i paid for more minutes for his phone with my Visa card in which they said it declined, needless to say i was frustrated and asked that he run it again...

to make a long story short he ran my card 4 times in which he stated the card declined all four times, by this time I'm angry , i had to wait for that following morning to call my bank to see what was going on, they took a look at my account and said the charge had gone through all 4 times, of a charge of over 200.00$, my bank and lawyers will be handling any and everything from this point... this was a lesson learned and i am here to warn everyone of this matter.

i know times are hard and money is tight but I'd rather spend that extra 20 or so dollars with a legitimate and trusted cell phone company then to get taken by scam artist such as straight talk! :upset

@PissedConsumer247574

Sprint sucks dumb ***!!

thank you so much for this info, i am having similar issues with this company and their foreign customer service as well!!! :(i love straight talk when it is working, but hate it when there is the smallest problem.

i will be contacting the BBB now that i have this new info. thanks

@PissedConsumer215245