Midway, Texas
4.6K views

Update by user Nov 15, 2014

There has been no resolution to my problem I have only grown more frustrated with this company. I hope that this can be resolved quickly because I am a disabled veteran who is trying to give straight talk a chance to make this situation right

Original review posted by user Nov 08, 2014

Straight Talk deactivated my phone permanently for supposedly making an international call without an international call plan. A mere $15 difference.

I accidently answered an 876 number which originated in Jamacia but looked like a US number. A week later straight deactivated my phone of course after they docked my checking account for the next months service. it took nearly an hour to get my service restored. I was given stern warnings not to make an international call without an international plan.

so a week later my phone was permanatly deactivated for making another international call which by the way I did not make. I call straight talk again an when I ask for proof of the call they cant provide me with that information, but they can render my $350 smartphone useless as well as my $45 unlimited plan as well.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make straight talk accountable for this rip-off please let me know. Im going to wal mart in the morning and addressing this problem.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Plan.

Reason of review: Service deactivated for no reason they can prove or verify..

Preferred solution: replace my phone and restore my service that i have paid for..

Straight Talk Wireless Cons: Customer service personel, Rudeness of customer service.

Comments

Pain in my *** with StraightTalk.

The same thing just happened to me. A brand new phone was deactivated for violating their terms and conditions.

They couldn't explain what that meant, and I spent hours on the phone talking to a bunch of different people.

Even more frustrating, they only have a call center in India, so there's no way to figure out what is really going on. The phone is just trash now.

This exact thing happened to me today and I've been on hold for FIFTY *** MINUTES trying to get my phone reactivated.

I talked to one person who confirmed that my payment went through and then put me on hold again.

I'm at work, I have to *** and I just want my phone to work at its minimum functioning capabilities.

The same thing happened to me!

MariaST

Hi willsnave222. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Please let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away. Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number.

Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email. Thanks.

willsnave222
@MariaST

Yes Maria I did as you requested and only got more confused as to why it will take thirty day for your company to send me proof of a call I did not make if your department can please contact me via email as soon as possible or call McGee on the number I was assigned as soon as possible 9362452782

William Evans