Gulf Breeze, Florida
1.3

Over two years ago I became a "Straight Talk" customer. I bought a "Straight Talk Phone" that included a $45.00 monthly "unlimited" service plan.

Each month since then, I have purchased a shiny new $45.00 Unlimited Service Plan card and all was well with the universe. However, I recently became hospitalized and lost my right leg to a spider-***, and while I was hospitalized my service lapsed and my phone was deactivated. I understood this, and when I got home from the hospital I went back to buying the same monthly plan card as usual, but I noticed the $30.00 1500 minutes Plan card there, and as I battled with getting my finances back on track after losing several months of work, I soon fell victim to a scam that surely has taken advantage of many customers before I came along. Today, I asked the elderly employee at Walmart who was manning the electronics desk "What's the difference with these two cards?

I usually buy the $45.00 Unlimited Plan, but things are tight and I could probably get by on 1500 minutes." He nodded "yes" and told me that this would be a fine solution. He said "Don't worry. If it doesn't work you can always bring it back, but I know you will have no problem." I bought the $30.00 1500 Minutes 30 Day Plan activation card, and made my way home. Of course, after I scratched the back of the card to reveal the activation numbers and called "Straight Talk", the automated system told me that the card was not valid for my phone.

I called Walmart to see if they would refund my money, and they said only if I hadn't scratched it yet. I called "Straight Talk" for a second time and waited over 15 minuted to get a "live" agent on the phone who parroted the "not valid with my phone" information I had already heard. I asked to speak to a supervisor, who actually told me to try and sell the card to another "Straight Talk" user. I told him that this was ridiculous, and that they should have some sort of remedy for me, and what I imagine must be a huge number of people who have fallen for this "scam".

I asked the supervisor if he could provide me with a phone number to access the Complaint Department of his company, and he said that there was none of which he was aware. He actually said "I am the end of the line, and I am telling you there is nothing that can be done on our end. This is between you and the agent who sold you the card at Walmart." He was arrogant and talked down to me, despite the fact that I was a loyal customer for over two years, and a recent amputee without means to travel back and forth to Walmart. To tell customers that there is nothing that can be done is ludicrous, and I am sure that they make a fortune off people buying the wrong card while trying to save money.

At this point, all I want is to be able to get my money back so I can buy the right card, but I'd rather use the money to get a whole new service than to "eat" the $30.00 and give one more penny to "Straight Talk". If there are any of you out there who are reading this, I think there should be a "Class Action Suit" against Straight Talk and I will gladly spearhead one if I get enough people to come forward with a similar complaint and no remedy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Cell Phone Activation.

Reason of review: Misleading Service Plan charge - No Refund Policy.

Straight Talk Wireless Pros: Unlimited plan has served me well.

Straight Talk Wireless Cons: 30 dollar card not compatible with all straight talk phones, Horrible customer service, No refund policy and no remedy, No customer complaint department, No respect for customer with disability.

Comments

MariaST

@MariaST

Maria,can you help me I've been waiting for a replacement phone for two weeks now , I have been without my phone, and your company can't acttivate my old phone to get all my contact numbers back. I'll been a customer for five plus