I purchased a BYOP activation kit from Wal Mart, for $64.67. When my son tried to transfer from Verizon to Straight Talk, we were put through the ringer.

We had been online and provided the info that they ask for, to determine compatibility and eligibility, of his phone. Everything checked out fine so, we bought the kit. He went online to initiate the process, establish an account, did everything that they ask, and submitted the request. When it did not go through, he tried again and was told that his activation number had been used and he needed to purchase another sim card to activate.

I, then, spent two hours on the phone trying to convince a rep to make this right only to have her tell me over and over that his phone was "ineligible" for transfer. She finally initiated the procedure, which ported his number and disconnected his service from Verizon but, never gave him service with Straight Talk. Though service was never active, his online account showed that there were,only 24 hrs of service left and he would need to purchase another access card! I got on the phone, the next day, and got more run-around.

The person that I spoke to, this time, wanted us to wait for two days for them to send another sim card. This was not an option so, I asked them to connect, using CDMA. This failed, too! The representative insisted that his phone would not work with their network, because their signal was is weak in our area and the solution would be to purchase one of their phones.

We decided to go back to our, original, carrier. Now, Straight Talk and Wal Mart are refusing us a refund, on the "technicality" that the kit has been activated, and not eligible for a refund!!!!

We never got "ONE" min of service we feel like our money was taken. Shouldn't activation be the point at which one, actually, has service?

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Service Transfer.

Comments

Cleveland, Ohio, United States #837134

shut straight talk out!!!!! we want our money back now or fixed the problem!!!!

MariaST
to fort worth tx #837602
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

MariaST
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi, this is Maria and I work for Straight Talk. I can help you get this resolved right away.

Please email us your contact information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

Include your name, contact number, cell phone or serial number. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW .