1.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I got my first smartphone, accessed Straight Talk's website through the phone, and downloaded the My Account app. I entered my phone number and synced the app to my phone so that I could have reliable information about my account.

Last month I was given an incorrect service end date but figured it was a glitch because it was only off by a few days. This month, the app gave me the service end date of 11/29/16 but shut my service off on 11/14/16. They told me my service end date was 11/13, and that the app telling me the wrong date wasn't their problem. I spoke to 6 people and they all either said or implied that I shouldn't have trusted the My Account app. They're refusing to restore my service until I buy a new service card, but I'm literally incapable of doing that. I didn't put my phone card into the budget for my last paycheck because I trusted Straight Talk, and I have no more money until Friday. They offered to compensate me after I buy the phone card, but nobody listened to me saying that there is no way I'll be able to buy the phone card.

I spoke to a supervisor who condescended to me like I was a hysterical child, refused to listen to what I was saying no matter how I phrased it. I asked to speak to HIS supervisor and was told that he doesn't have one, so he's either lying or he's the CEO of Straight Talk.

I rely on my phone for work. This isn't even an income issue, this has turned into a safety issue. I am a home health aide for a woman who cannot get in and out of her wheelchair by herself. I am the ONLY caregiver she has, and the Straight Talk phone is the ONLY number that I have. If she can't reach me, it jeopardizes her health and wellbeing. But Straight Talk obviously doesn't give a happy ***.

I eventually ended up with a poorly designed chat window where I was only able to enter 400 characters at a time, and was told by a woman (who sounded suspiciously like a computer) that she had escalated my issue to the right department and that it would take 24-48 hours for it to be resolved. So how's my poor client supposed to get by while they diddle around fixing this? If she gets hurt or sick because of Straight Talk's screw-up, we'll be getting a lawyer.

Just FYI for anyone investigating Straight Talk: they have over 3000 Better Business Bureau complaints in this year alone and only 1/3 of them have been resolved. There is also a class-action lawsuit out against Straight Talk.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of straight talk wireless my account mobile application from Straight Talk Wireless. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $50 and wants Straight Talk Wireless to "i want straight talk to return to the depths of hell where they belong".

The most disappointing in user's experience was horrible customer service, inability to fix the problem and representative arrogance. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Straight Talk Wireless for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

MariaST

Hi.I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please click on this link http://bit.ly/19Cre0y to chat with live agent.

For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355.Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.