Straight talk just stole my money. I'd paid for a year plan.

With a month and 1/2 left to go, because Straight Talk does not support Wifi calling, I bought another phone with another carrier that supported wifi calling. I wanted to keep the phone number I've had with straight talk for around 10 years. I called straight talk and talked with a representative. She told me to change my number over to the new carrier and then call Straight Talk back and they could process the refund.

I did that and then called Straight talk back. Ended up being told that not only would they not refund my money, but I lost any time left on the account when I deactivated my phone. In that case, I told her to activate my phone and just give me another number. She said that I could not because I my remaining time is now gone.

It's July 10th and I'm paid up with Straight Talk until August 18th of this year. I get that they may not want to issue refunds, but to just flat out steal money, by not allowing me to activate my old phone, and giving me a new number is complete theft.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Plan.

Reason of review: Theft by Straight Talk.

Straight Talk Wireless Cons: Worst customer service ever.

Comments

MariaST
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi ShortChihuahua389. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered with our service specially with Wi-Fi calling. We value your long time loyalty, and we want to make things right. Kindly chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or text the key word HELP to 611611.

For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Thank you.

ShortChihuahua389
to MariaST #1717468

This representative from Straight Talk, MariaST, gave me NO helpful information. All this person did was direct me to their main help, 611611, and the link to their how to contact page.

I've already spent over an hour, on the phone, with straight talk, even working my way up to a manager that told me, repeatedly, the same thing that I posted about, and also told me that I could go no higher and she didn't have a supervisor and then eventually hung up on me. This was previous to me even posting, here, about what I went through with Straight Talk customer service.

Bottom line, this so called response was not personally directed to anyone, but was a pretense at pretending to help for this website. More deception from Straight Talk.