Buies Creek, North Carolina

Well I have finally had enough with Straight Talk service and Customer service!!! I have had the service since December…everything was great up until last month.

About a week into my new month, my data services were turned off! No notice, no nothing. There is no where to look at your account to see the amount of data you use, and I know for a fact I don’t use much. They send me notices when billing my card…why not let me actually see how much data I actually use, or send me a text when you feel I’ve used too much?

I’ve used this data calculator http://www.att.com/att/datacalculator/index.html#fbid=6WwEc6Vdetg at the very highest usage I could ever possible consume monthly and came in at .14mb…not even ¼ of 1MB. I have a computer at both work and home and wireless set up at both…and used wireless a majority of the time. I do NOT stream or download music or movies, nor do I tether…so why was I cut off? I seriously feel like they have my account confused with someone else’s!!!

I have no idea!!! I did go on vacation for 3 days last month, and did use my phone for a majority of things…but I cannot see how a higher than normal use 1 week out of 6 months should restrict my plan. I have used my phone to check email, facebook and sometimes the internet. I’ve sent pictures from my phone to my email because I could not get my phone to sync with my computer, and also sent pictures straight to facebook….that’s it!!!

And it’s not much at all. Anyways, when I called Customer Service, first of all you cannot understand them they are in India I believe, and second they act like they are going to help you only to send you to a voice recording of rules and regulations that hangs up on you when done! I’ve called several different times, and through frustration just asked when my service would be back on. I was told once my new month started which was June 4th…I still have no data service, and this is June 13th.

They wasted absolutely no time taking my money from my account. If you email them, they tell you to call…if you call they send you to the recording…it’s a vicious cycle. I can still text and talk…and access internet while in my wireless environments, but no picture text, no 3/4G when out of my wireless area, etc. I found this email on a complaints page ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and have contacted it as well and have heard nothing.

This has been so frustrating and with no one to actually contact and find out when my data service will be back on and what I actually did to get cutoff in the first place. Anyways, I’m over a month without data service on an account that is paid in full every month on time… This is totally frustrating and I wanted to get the word out so someone else doesn’t get sucked into this!

I’m a very loyal customer….pay on time and will stay with you for years if you do what you say…data from this company is NOT unlimited, their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with….BUYER BEWARE!!! BTW, I’m unfortunately having to find another cell service…I’d like one that truly offers unlimited services, or at the least lets you see your usage, and honors them, if you know of one please let me know…Thanks!

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Plan.

Comments