I purchased a Straight Talk smart phone for my daughter and set up auto-refill to pay for the unlimited data plan.
Three weeks ago, the data service was shut off. My daughter called them to report the Internet was inaccessible, but gave up after being transferred through several foreign representatives whose command of English was so poor she couldn't understand them. She still had phone service, so she assumed they would fix the data when her service refilled.
Straight Talk sent me a notice that they were processing the credit card payment on January 21st, and notice that they had refilled the service on January 25th. My credit card statement reports the charge went through on January 23rd. However, the phone was deactivated on the 23rd.
When I called to find out why the phone wasn't working, they said it had been shut off due to "excessive data use". When I asked how somebody could use too much data on an unlimited plan, they refused to explain and said they had to question the user about her data use. I explained that would be difficult, considering she couldn't use the phone, and was told the phone would not be turned back on until she called them and they hung up on me.
So, it was obvious that they had arbitrarily turned off her data service, with no notice to anyone, and then drafted money for the next month of service, knowing that they were not going to provide service. I think that's called FRAUD.
Their customer service is absolutely horrible. Every time you call, you are transferred from one representative to another and none of them speak English well enough to carry on any semblance of a functional conversation. Frankly, I suspect this is an offshore company hiding behind a Miami address. Every person I have spoken to (bar none) talks in heavily accented Indian.
I am currently filing complaints with the FCC, the Florida State Attorney Generals Offices and the Florida Public Utilities Commission. I would recommend nobody dealing with this company.
More Review Details
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "No Wonder They Got So Many Bad Reviews! Many Members Are Scared To Come Out And Tell The Truth! I Have Hidden The Truth Long Enough! Now It Is Time To Spill The..."
- "I bought the MI3 via Lazada.com in the Philippines as they are the only distributors for this phone here. It cost 10.599PHP. I was working fine for about three weeks..."
- "All they had to do is install a DISH dish, disconnect the Directv dish and connect the cable to the new dish. Instead they drilled holes, ran cables, cut cables,..."
- "I ordered an arrangement for my mother-in-law who had major surgery this past week. She loves roses so I chose a bouquet that was FULL of roses. It was called..."
- "I bought this Jocelyn Smith hand bag from Kmart about 3 months ago, and the strap ripped as if it wasn't sewn correctly! I love this bag. I have made..."
- "I had the window frames wrapped on my home (which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places). After about one (1) year. the Valspar coating bubbled. ..."
- " I bought a Southern Motion recliner 3 years ago. It is a power recliner, it has been comfortable. The leather is peeling off from the headrest down. There is..."
- "I am a Vice President of Archstone Development, a real estate developer. In Spring 2016, Archstone was looking for a contractor to convert two SRO's in NYC into 8..."
- "Hi, I live in a city of a million people. I am a woman who works in construction. It is clearly a man who finds the product for marks. This..."