Milton, Vermont

I bought a Straight Talk phone (Galaxy S3) on December 3rd 2013. I heard great things about them and I couldn't afford 140 a month for a smart phone.

I got the 45$ unlimited text, talk and mobile data. On June 4th 2014 my phone started to have problems with charging the phone at the point where it won't charge anymore. I tried to fill out a form online for the 100$ 2 year warranty I got with the phone but it said it is under manufacture's warranty and to call Samsung directly. After about 34 minutes on hold with Samsung I got a wonderful gentleman who explained to me that when you buy a phone from Straight Talk they don't buy any warranty from Samsung so I would need to call Wal-Mart (Because I bought the phone from them) and after about 29 minutes on hold I was told basically to call Straight Talk and there is nothing they could do.

I finally call Straight Talk after this wild goose chase, 46 minutes on hold and ridiculously long menus I was told there is nothing they can do unless I send my phone out for repair which would equal about a month or so. I explained that there is nothing I can do as I use this phone for work all the time. She basically said "this is the only way and there is nothing else I can do." By the end she was obviously very irate with me because I can't let my work phone go. I asked if there was another way trying to avoid this.

She said "No, you gotta deal with the way we do things." In the end I ultimately corrected their mistake and went down to Costco first thing in the morning and got a Verizon phone.

I am still going to file the claim as I am not going to waste the warranty. I will update this as soon as I do.

Comments

MariaST
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

to MariaST Conover, North Carolina, United States #931906

I bought the moto g phone on cyber Monday on that wedsday. I notice the phone had a crack across the screen I went back to Walmart to try and get the phone fixed they said they did not honor that sale so they didn't ask if I wanted the warranty.

So I'm stuck with a phone that they want fix or exchange.

I have used straight talk for several years now and I've never had a problem like this before. I'm almost ready to change my service.