Atlanta, Georgia
2.5

I used Straight talk with the Bring You Own Phone (BYOP) option thinking that I could use the $30 monthly service. Unfortunately, Straight talk do not propose this plan with BYOP, just $45 and $60. So I decided to change to another provider.

However, I was not able to use my phone that I previously used with Straight Talk because they locked it. While calling the support several times, they denied doing it and let me deal with it. By the way, they are all “supervisor” so you can’t ask for one when you get nowhere with the person you talk to.

So, BE AWARE that if you BYOP, it will be locked by THEM and you cannot use it ANYWHERE else.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Make people aware that Straight Talk are not straight talker.

• Illegal phone locking

Comments

Hi 92ca3f0!

I am Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. For further assistance, please send us an email to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

Please copy, paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email to us.

Thank you!

Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Please let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away. Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number.

Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Thanks.

Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.