I initiated service with Straight Talk wireless thinking that I would actually have some savings / Verizon Wireless.I purchased their 10-GB.

Plan thinking this was a great buy on a 4-G Network. A similar plan through Verizon was $100 before taxes and surcharges, plus you had to pay one month in advance. Imagine my surprise when I came across the StraighTalk plan for 10 - GB for $55.00! I was so excited to pay half as much until i realized I was getting half the service as well.

After 5GB on a 4-G Network they slow down you're others 5GB of data to 2GB. This is problematic because you can not stream videos, YouTube and even trying to stram a radio app. the audio continuously buffered, interrupting the program continuously and cutting parts out all together because it wasn't fast enough to keep up. In my opinion they charged me for 10GB but I could only utilize the first - 5GB on the 4-G Network.

Since i had already switched i purchased another card. I noticed after activating the new service card that the speed did not change from 2-G back to 4-G. After being on hold for an hour and a half, someone finally "Updated the system" and thing's seem to be up to par so far however my time is valuable and the time it took to resolve this was ridiculous. The other BIG drawback with StraighTalk - Wireless is that your Tethering is dissabled with their service so you can not use your Hotspot function on your android phone.

If you look at their website they use stratigic marketing tactics to lead you to beliving you can use a Hotspot function(See marketing ploy pictured below) but you won't figure it out until after you purchase service. I do see that you can buy a separate aircard to activate a tablet.... As I said, I initiated service with StraighTalk to save money but in the end it's about $60 plus more dollars a month if i want to use my tablet and lets not forget, that's only useful for the first 5GB of data. If you're using that to stream videos or live radio, that will last you a week and maybe a half if you only use it for an hour or so a day.

My advice, and I'm going to be straight with you, go with a provider that only sells an unlimited data plan for a flat monthly fee. After doing some research it looks as though Sprint and T-Mobile have the best plans out there.

Personally, I am writting a complaint to the FCC and I will be contacting the cooperate office for Wal-Mart as well.I encourage all of you to do tbe same.

Review about: Straight Talk Wireless 10gb Plan Mobile Hotspot Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Media, Pennsylvania, United States #1268304

Well said I have been experiencing the same problem for months now! I would call straight talk but like you said it takes about an hour to an hour and a half to get a rep on the phone! They have very poor rep service and half the time you can't understand anything they say!

MariaST
to Anonymous #1268677

Hi.I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355.Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

MariaST

Hi.I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble.You can contact us via chat at http://bit.ly/2gQCmUz?caseId=41023 for us to assist you with your concern.