2.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I left Straight talk (Affiliated with Net10 and subsidiary of Tracfone) because of the 30 day billing. I need my bills to remain on the same day every month.

Sometimes the billing date was several days away from what I believed was my normal billing date (25th). I was with Straight Talk Wireless for more than two years at this point. Because I'm disabled and on a fixed income, I waited until the last day of my service to port my number to my new carrier. After waiting several days for the port, my new carrier informs me that the number won't port because Straight Talk won't answer their request.

I also needed this number because I have family members who have sight problems and have trouble dialing. When I called Straight talk regarding the number port, the representative informed me that my number had been deactivated and that I'D HAVE TO PAY THEM TO REACTIVATE THE NUMBER IN ORDER TO PORT IT! To make sure that I didn't reach the service end date (11-20-16) I began the port on 11-19-16. It seems to me that Straight talk is a spiteful company which will use any means to coerce more money out of their customer base.

After back-and-fourthing with Straight Talk and realizing that I wouldn't get anywhere with them, I informed my family members (Whom I convinced to try Straight Talk) of the underhanded tricks that they use, their horrible customer service and their unwillingness to allow my port, even though I was a loyal customer for more than two years. On top of this, I wrote Net10 (After Straight Talk informed me that they couldn't help me) to unlock my device so that I could use it with my new provider. It has been two weeks now, and not one word from Net10. It seems that if there is no more money to be made, Tracfone, Net10 and Straight Talk wireless will wash their hands of you.

At a huge expense to myself, and so that my family members wouldn't have to suffer the same fate as I had, I bought all of the phones that they purchased to join Straight Talk. I strongly advise anyone considering any of the Tracfone family of companies to look elsewhere for wireless service.

P.S. If you have any customer service inquiries, and don't have an account, if you're not trying to purchase service, they offer you no way of reaching them except to write snail-mail, pay for postage and hope that they deem your letter important enough to address it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Coverage, Price.

I didn't like: Customer service, Spitefulness, Lack of ways to contact, Dont honor loyalty.

Comments

These crooks have been ripping everyone off with the same scam.

You missed a few brands under the Tracfone umbrella:

Tracfone

Net10 Wireless

Straight Talk Wireless

SIMPLE Mobile

Telcel SafeLink Wireless Page Plus Total Wireless ...And they're ALL just as crooked as Tracfone.

If you're not a potential new customer, you mean absolutely nothing to Straight Talk/Net10/TRACFONE. The only thing that matters to them is new money, and even then, if you have a complicated problem during activation or later, as long as they have your money already, it's too bad, so sad, cry to your dad. Straight Talk/Net10/TRACFONE are thieves, modern day pirates.

to Anonymous #1300384

You missed a few brands under the Tracfone umbrella:

Tracfone

Net10 Wireless

Straight Talk Wireless

SIMPLE Mobile

Tampa, Florida, United States #1276118

Ripoff big corporation. What they don't do for the customer.

They maybe controlled by government agencies, but it does not help. Anyone that tries tracfone Corp.

will be sorry. Waste of money.

MariaST
to Anonymous #1278507

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. You can contact us via chat at http://bit.ly/2gQCmUz?caseId=41023 for us to assist you with your concern.

to Anonymous #1283141

If you're wrong all day, you're right right now! Governmental regulations have been garbage, and since corporations are now people, and the new Prez is a corporate 1%er who is about to give the country to the corporations, life is going to be a whole lot bleaker.

MariaST

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

to MariaST #1283142

The ONLY way you can assist me is to buy back these useless handsets and accessories (Phones, cases, screen protectors, etc.) that I'm stuck with, otherwise, there is nothing to chat about.