Cape Coral, Florida
1.4

Update by user Feb 05, 2015

So....after countless emails and phone calls with several reps over the past month. I have gotten absolutley nowhere with Straight Talk.

They are the WORST cell carrier that i have ever used. So everyone getting messages from MariaST, ignore them. There is no one named Maria. I did however switch to another company.

BUT, it took Straight Talk from Jan. 22nd to Feb. 3 to authorize porting my number to the new company. They also blacklisted my phone, which i had to wait til my 30 days was up on my plan in order to switch companies, which if i wanted to keep my number i had to buy another 30 days from straight talk to port my number.

Does this sound like something you would want to go through?

All in all it took 2 weeks for my sevice to be correct with my same number after i dropped Straight Talk. NOT WORTH IT!

Update by user Jan 07, 2015

Since i have posted my review, i have been corresponding through email with several different customer service rep from straight talk. Needless to say i am still getting the run around.

They are still telling me that i have used up all my data in less than a 24 hour period. I just want everyone to know what kind of company this is. They will not work with you at all.

They are right, you are wrong and nothing will change that. If you are considering straight talk, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!

Original review posted by user Jan 06, 2015

In the 5 months that i have had straight talk service, 2 of those months i have had 0 internet service. The first time it happened it was 2 days after i had paid my bill and i had got a text saying i had used up all my data usage.

SERIOUSLY?! I called customer service and asked them, "How in the world did i used 3 gigs of data in less than 48 hours?". The customer service rep. told me that it was because my facebook was running all the time and that i never use wifi anywhere i went, or i am not turning on my wifi properly.

When i explained to her that my phone showed i had only used a minimal amount of data, she told me my phone was wrong and their computers were right! And then hung up on me. REALLY? I let it go.

But looking for a new carrier. The second time, I have auto pay for my phone and the day that the money came out of my account, i got a txt again saying i used all my data.

1 hour later, they sent me a txt saying, Thank you for your payment. I will NEVER recommend straight talk to ANYONE.....EVER!

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Mobile Hotspot Plan.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments

MariaST

Hi. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Please let me help you get this resolved. You can send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com for further assistance with your issue.

Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number. Thanks.

Aireana
@MariaST

Since i have posted my review on pissed consumers...i have replied to maria's commemt through email. And again i have gotten the same response that i have used up all my data in less than a 24 hour period.

Way to fix the problem Straight Talk! UNBELIEVABLE!

MariaST
@Aireana

Hi sherib8910. My name is Maria.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

You can call 1-877-430-CELL (2355). Our hours of operations are from Monday-Sunday and that's from 8:00 am to 11:45 pm EST so we can further investigate your account.

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews