Covington, Virginia
7.1K views

A Straighttalk phone was purchased for me, and when I went to activate it, they said it was not scanned properly when it was purchased at Walmart.Since someone else purchased the phone for me, I do not have the receipt.

No one will help me since I do not have proof of purchase. Now I have an almost $200 phone that I cannot do anything with. Walmart will not rescan the phone without the receipt, and Straighttalk won't reset it without proof of purchase.

I have talked to customer service multiple times, and been on the phone for at least an hour trying to resolve this issue.It is ridiculous that I cannot use my phone because Walmart didn't do their job correctly.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "activate the phone" as the author lost $180. The author is overall dissatisfied with Straight Talk Wireless. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Straight Talk Wireless.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Straight Talk Wireless to other companies on our site.

Comments

Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States #1305246

So I bought a phone from someone off of Facebook.I called straight talk to activate the phone and they told me it wasn't properly scanned!

I am so pissed off! I don't have proof of purchase i don't have anything! I can't contact the person who bought the phone belonged to. I'm screwed!

We have one Wal-Mart in this tiny town.

And all I want is someone to activate or reset the phone so I can use because I wasted money for a trash phone.Screw straight talk and Wal-Mart.

The same problem, I bought a tracfone Samsung galaxy s7 from a person when I called tracfone company they said to me that the phone is not properly scanned and I don't have the receipt and don't know where this person bought this phone help me please I paid 400$ and I can't used this is inappropriate.

to Mbarek Glenwood Springs, Colorado, United States #1338170

I can help you with that

to Terrell johnson #1342529

How is that

to Terrell johnson Dalzell, South Carolina, United States #1356173

Help me please! same problem right now :(

to Terrell johnson #1388106

I had the exact same thing happen to me.Got phone off Marketplace and I have an account now that I can't use.

And got hung up on. How rude.

Almost 10 years with them.P

to Terrell johnson #1395511

How can you help? I'm in the same situation

to Terrell johnson #1396703

Please tell me how you can help me I still have a useless phone if you like a # to get ahold of me please let me know I would truly appreciate it as I still have a useless phone.

to Terrell johnson #1399719

Help me too plz

chanell13181
to Terrell johnson #1405506

what do you mean you can help?I'm in the same boat- why isn't there a red flag when we check the imei on these phones that "aren't scanned properly"?

everything was clean!