Covington, Virginia
9.5K views

A Straighttalk phone was purchased for me, and when I went to activate it, they said it was not scanned properly when it was purchased at Walmart. Since someone else purchased the phone for me, I do not have the receipt.

No one will help me since I do not have proof of purchase. Now I have an almost $200 phone that I cannot do anything with. Walmart will not rescan the phone without the receipt, and Straighttalk won't reset it without proof of purchase.

I have talked to customer service multiple times, and been on the phone for at least an hour trying to resolve this issue. It is ridiculous that I cannot use my phone because Walmart didn't do their job correctly.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Service.

Preferred solution: activate the phone.

Comments

Same here

Going through the same thing right now. Grandparents bought my son a phone for last xmas, and we told him he could activate it when he's 16.

He's been using it for games and facebook till this week when he just turned 16, and he bought an airtime card today.

Due to walmarts incompetence, it wasn't scanned correctly, and since it's been almost a year, the receipt is gone. Now he has a worthless paperweight.

I bought a phone on wish an got the phone but that's it no info on what company nothing I need to know what company to go to

Same exact thing here!!!!

MariaST
@Anonymous

Hi. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

I was given a iphone to me by my brother. He had gotten it from a former boss who had a newer version never been activated.

AT&T would not activate without former owner taking care of it. Brother had a extra older android gave it to me had it activated made a call for AT&T was told to go back to store bring a reciept. No one could clearly explain the problems best of my understanding it was to track stolen phones didn't think that was the phone companies job.

I ended up buying a cheap phone. Think maybe that's the whole purpose of this scanning thing because the rest makes no sense

MariaST
@Anonymous

Hi. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We apologize for the trouble. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

O.M.G. I just realized that this problem with this Unscanned Phones..

it’s happening for 2yrs or more already.. Come on who ever is behind all This.(Walmart,Straight Talk) We need Help..

@Sandra

There isn't actually a problem at all. As long as the phone is purchased at the register it should work fine.

The problem comes when people steal the phones. If they're not scanned at the register then they aren't activated, and they need to be activated in order to be used.

I’m in the same situation bought a iPhone 6 $180 from “OfferUp” can’t connect it..Straight Talk said Walmart didn’t scanned it right.. Don’t have receipt Please Help..

I bought a,Samsung galaxy j3 Luna pro off of Facebook when I tried active my phone through straight talk they said it was not scanned at store properly and I have no proff wear it was bought at can some tell me what I can do thank you Jessie..please e-mail at jessiecampos73@gmail.com

Buy anotheir cheap straight talk phone with a compatible sims card make sure you activate the new sims card and once that's done put it in the phone you want to use had to do this with two phones works with other carriers too

@Jpjowers

If the phone you're putting the sim in hasn't been activated then, especially if it's been stolen and not scanned at the register, the most use you'll get is 30 days before it quits working.

So I bought a phone from someone off of Facebook. I called straight talk to activate the phone and they told me it wasn't properly scanned!

I am so pissed off! I don't have proof of purchase i don't have anything! I can't contact the person who bought the phone belonged to. I'm screwed!

We have one Wal-Mart in this tiny town.

And all I want is someone to activate or reset the phone so I can use because I wasted money for a trash phone. Screw straight talk and Wal-Mart.

Same here

The same problem, I bought a tracfone Samsung galaxy s7 from a person when I called tracfone company they said to me that the phone is not properly scanned and I don't have the receipt and don't know where this person bought this phone help me please I paid 400$ and I can't used this is inappropriate.

@Mbarek

I can help you with that

How is that

@Terrell johnson

Help me please! same problem right now :(

@Terrell johnson

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Got phone off Marketplace and I have an account now that I can't use.

And got hung up on. How rude.

Almost 10 years with them. P