Covington, Virginia
8.4K views

A Straighttalk phone was purchased for me, and when I went to activate it, they said it was not scanned properly when it was purchased at Walmart. Since someone else purchased the phone for me, I do not have the receipt.

No one will help me since I do not have proof of purchase. Now I have an almost $200 phone that I cannot do anything with. Walmart will not rescan the phone without the receipt, and Straighttalk won't reset it without proof of purchase.

I have talked to customer service multiple times, and been on the phone for at least an hour trying to resolve this issue. It is ridiculous that I cannot use my phone because Walmart didn't do their job correctly.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "activate the phone" as the author lost $180. This person is overall dissatisfied with Straight Talk Wireless. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Straight Talk Wireless.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Straight Talk Wireless to other companies on our site.

Comments

Same exact thing here!!!!

MariaST
to Anonymous #1566802

Hi. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

I was given a iphone to me by my brother. He had gotten it from a former boss who had a newer version never been activated.

AT&T would not activate without former owner taking care of it. Brother had a extra older android gave it to me had it activated made a call for AT&T was told to go back to store bring a reciept. No one could clearly explain the problems best of my understanding it was to track stolen phones didn't think that was the phone companies job.

I ended up buying a cheap phone. Think maybe that's the whole purpose of this scanning thing because the rest makes no sense

MariaST
to Anonymous #1566803

Hi. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We apologize for the trouble. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

O.M.G. I just realized that this problem with this Unscanned Phones..

it’s happening for 2yrs or more already.. Come on who ever is behind all This.(Walmart,Straight Talk) We need Help..

I’m in the same situation bought a iPhone 6 $180 from “OfferUp” can’t connect it..Straight Talk said Walmart didn’t scanned it right.. Don’t have receipt Please Help..

I bought a,Samsung galaxy j3 Luna pro off of Facebook when I tried active my phone through straight talk they said it was not scanned at store properly and I have no proff wear it was bought at can some tell me what I can do thank you Jessie..please e-mail at jessiecampos73@gmail.com

Buy anotheir cheap straight talk phone with a compatible sims card make sure you activate the new sims card and once that's done put it in the phone you want to use had to do this with two phones works with other carriers too

Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States #1305246

So I bought a phone from someone off of Facebook. I called straight talk to activate the phone and they told me it wasn't properly scanned!

I am so pissed off! I don't have proof of purchase i don't have anything! I can't contact the person who bought the phone belonged to. I'm screwed!

We have one Wal-Mart in this tiny town.

And all I want is someone to activate or reset the phone so I can use because I wasted money for a trash phone. Screw straight talk and Wal-Mart.

The same problem, I bought a tracfone Samsung galaxy s7 from a person when I called tracfone company they said to me that the phone is not properly scanned and I don't have the receipt and don't know where this person bought this phone help me please I paid 400$ and I can't used this is inappropriate.

to Mbarek Glenwood Springs, Colorado, United States #1338170

I can help you with that

to Terrell johnson #1342529

How is that

to Terrell johnson Dalzell, South Carolina, United States #1356173

Help me please! same problem right now :(

to Terrell johnson #1388106

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Got phone off Marketplace and I have an account now that I can't use.

And got hung up on. How rude.

Almost 10 years with them. P

to Terrell johnson #1395511

How can you help? I'm in the same situation

to Terrell johnson #1396703

Please tell me how you can help me I still have a useless phone if you like a # to get ahold of me please let me know I would truly appreciate it as I still have a useless phone.

to Terrell johnson #1399719

Help me too plz

chanell13181
to Terrell johnson #1405506

what do you mean you can help? I'm in the same boat- why isn't there a red flag when we check the imei on these phones that "aren't scanned properly"?

everything was clean!

I wish that would change- I'm out $260 for for some thief! :(

chanell13181
to Terrell johnson #1405508

if you can truly help please call me 661-376-7038 and leave a message if I don't answer

to Terrell johnson #1408656

Seeking to activate a STRAIGHT TALK (Alcatel Onetouch Pop Icon) wireless phone that wasn't scanned properly upon purchase. Ideas???