Covington, Virginia
7.7K views

A Straighttalk phone was purchased for me, and when I went to activate it, they said it was not scanned properly when it was purchased at Walmart.Since someone else purchased the phone for me, I do not have the receipt.

No one will help me since I do not have proof of purchase. Now I have an almost $200 phone that I cannot do anything with. Walmart will not rescan the phone without the receipt, and Straighttalk won't reset it without proof of purchase.

I have talked to customer service multiple times, and been on the phone for at least an hour trying to resolve this issue.It is ridiculous that I cannot use my phone because Walmart didn't do their job correctly.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "activate the phone" as the author lost $180. This person is overall dissatisfied with Straight Talk Wireless. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Straight Talk Wireless.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Straight Talk Wireless to other companies on our site.

Comments

I bought a,Samsung galaxy j3 Luna pro off of Facebook when I tried active my phone through straight talk they said it was not scanned at store properly and I have no proff wear it was bought at can some tell me what I can do thank you Jessie..please e-mail at jessiecampos73@gmail.com

Buy anotheir cheap straight talk phone with a compatible sims card make sure you activate the new sims card and once that's done put it in the phone you want to use had to do this with two phones works with other carriers too

Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States #1305246

So I bought a phone from someone off of Facebook.I called straight talk to activate the phone and they told me it wasn't properly scanned!

I am so pissed off! I don't have proof of purchase i don't have anything! I can't contact the person who bought the phone belonged to. I'm screwed!

We have one Wal-Mart in this tiny town.

And all I want is someone to activate or reset the phone so I can use because I wasted money for a trash phone.Screw straight talk and Wal-Mart.

The same problem, I bought a tracfone Samsung galaxy s7 from a person when I called tracfone company they said to me that the phone is not properly scanned and I don't have the receipt and don't know where this person bought this phone help me please I paid 400$ and I can't used this is inappropriate.

to Mbarek Glenwood Springs, Colorado, United States #1338170

I can help you with that

to Terrell johnson #1342529

How is that

to Terrell johnson Dalzell, South Carolina, United States #1356173

Help me please! same problem right now :(

to Terrell johnson #1388106

I had the exact same thing happen to me.Got phone off Marketplace and I have an account now that I can't use.

And got hung up on. How rude.

Almost 10 years with them.P

to Terrell johnson #1395511

How can you help? I'm in the same situation

to Terrell johnson #1396703

Please tell me how you can help me I still have a useless phone if you like a # to get ahold of me please let me know I would truly appreciate it as I still have a useless phone.

to Terrell johnson #1399719

Help me too plz

to Terrell johnson #1405506

what do you mean you can help?I'm in the same boat- why isn't there a red flag when we check the imei on these phones that "aren't scanned properly"?

everything was clean!

I wish that would change- I'm out $260 for for some thief!:(

to Terrell johnson #1405508

if you can truly help please call me 661-376-7038 and leave a message if I don't answer

to Terrell johnson #1408656

Seeking to activate a STRAIGHT TALK (Alcatel Onetouch Pop Icon) wireless phone that wasn't scanned properly upon purchase. Ideas???

to Terrell johnson #1414545

I need help

to Terrell johnson #1430476

I need help. Got ripped off yesterday on this bogus phone . Lexieleigh80@yahoo.com

Maria from Straight Talk : you guys need a easy way for people to check imei numbers with out calling, you guys are rude and it takes for ever to get help .im like every body else here not scanned properly now im stuck with a $300 phone i cant use .i will try the email you posted but i know its now going to help

to bob #1405507

I thought I was the only one with this problem-- did you figure out how to resolve ??

Gloversville, New York, United States #1227302

Maris ST.Can Straight just activate the phone if you don't have the receipt as long as the phone wasn't reported stolen?

I mean you can't just kill the phone. I spent 125.00 plus a case.

That's really bad business if Straight Talk did that.Too too many complaints about this issue that Straight should resolve.

MariaST
to Anonymous #1227637

Hi.I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. We need to check the status of the phone.

For further assistance, please contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355 or click on this link http://bit.ly/19Cre0y to chat with live agent.Our representatives are available Monday to Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.