Covington, Virginia
9.6K views

A Straighttalk phone was purchased for me, and when I went to activate it, they said it was not scanned properly when it was purchased at Walmart. Since someone else purchased the phone for me, I do not have the receipt.

No one will help me since I do not have proof of purchase. Now I have an almost $200 phone that I cannot do anything with. Walmart will not rescan the phone without the receipt, and Straighttalk won't reset it without proof of purchase.

I have talked to customer service multiple times, and been on the phone for at least an hour trying to resolve this issue. It is ridiculous that I cannot use my phone because Walmart didn't do their job correctly.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Service.

Preferred solution: activate the phone.

Comments

@Terrell johnson

How can you help? I'm in the same situation

@Terrell johnson

Please tell me how you can help me I still have a useless phone if you like a # to get ahold of me please let me know I would truly appreciate it as I still have a useless phone.

Help me too plz

@Terrell johnson

what do you mean you can help? I'm in the same boat- why isn't there a red flag when we check the imei on these phones that "aren't scanned properly"?

everything was clean!

I wish that would change- I'm out $260 for for some thief! :(

@Terrell johnson

if you can truly help please call me 661-376-7038 and leave a message if I don't answer

@Terrell johnson

Seeking to activate a STRAIGHT TALK (Alcatel Onetouch Pop Icon) wireless phone that wasn't scanned properly upon purchase. Ideas???

I need help

@Terrell johnson

I need help. Got ripped off yesterday on this bogus phone . Lexieleigh80@yahoo.com

Maria from Straight Talk : you guys need a easy way for people to check imei numbers with out calling, you guys are rude and it takes for ever to get help .im like every body else here not scanned properly now im stuck with a $300 phone i cant use .i will try the email you posted but i know its now going to help

@bob

I thought I was the only one with this problem-- did you figure out how to resolve ??

Maris ST. Can Straight just activate the phone if you don't have the receipt as long as the phone wasn't reported stolen?

I mean you can't just kill the phone. I spent 125.00 plus a case.

That's really bad business if Straight Talk did that. Too too many complaints about this issue that Straight should resolve.

MariaST
@Anonymous

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. We need to check the status of the phone.

For further assistance, please contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355 or click on this link http://bit.ly/19Cre0y to chat with live agent. Our representatives are available Monday to Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

@MariaST

I tried to call and they didn't help at all wast of time

Jennybowser7202
@MariaST

I have this same problem my daughter purchased a Straight Talk phone for me as a birthday gift from Walmart she lost the receipt and didn't think it would be a problem but I called to activate the phone and they told me to take it back to Walmart and rudely I might add,When I took the phone in the original box with everything it came with back to Walmart they told me it must not have been properly scanned and was treated basically like my daughter is a thief!! I now have an $80 phone that is useless because as they put it one of thier employees didn't scan it properly or my daughter is a thief I wouldn't recommend buying a Straight Talk phone to ANYONE at this point

@MariaST

Hey I have the same problem I have a Samsung s7 is not properly scanned I don't know how to activated and I don't have the receipt.

#1198589

I just bought a phone off of eBay. I called straight talk before purchasing to make sure it wasn't attached to anyones account & could be activated, StraightTalk said the phone was good to activate. I just picked up my mail today & for some reason now StraightTalk is saying the phone was not properly scanned & will not activate it since I bought it from a 3rd party.

Since I see their are a ton of people going through the same thing & we are StraightTalk customers....I am seriously thinking of starting a class action just for the fact Not Properly Scanned means it was scanned & StraightTalk is punishing us for their poorly made system.

@MissRenee

Terrible

#1198540

I have the same problem! The phone was bought for me as a birthday gift, so of course I have no receipt.

Walmart won't rescan it nor will Straight Talk reset it!! Its bogos BS! Straight Talk is a good company but need better customer service! Really can't afford another phone!

Need help with this one! Spent to much money on this one to let it go to waste!

Get better customer service please! AT&T gives credits why can't y'all reset phones?

#1198253

Then I stand upon properly right I need to activate it

Me too I ordered at walmart.com for my son they cancelled my order twice talked to Walmart customer service so I went into the store to purchase it and mail to my son I bought it brought it home and went to activate it and they said it wasn't scanned right even after Walmart took a pic of the serial numbers for inventory and now they said take it to Walmart I don't have the receipt so Walmart won't scan it or exchange it and Straight Talk will not help and basically told me I wasted my money on a iphone and $45 straight talk card I can't believe a company could treat their customers like this so I can activate my phone or get my money back!!!!!