Covington, Virginia
8.9K views

A Straighttalk phone was purchased for me, and when I went to activate it, they said it was not scanned properly when it was purchased at Walmart. Since someone else purchased the phone for me, I do not have the receipt.

No one will help me since I do not have proof of purchase. Now I have an almost $200 phone that I cannot do anything with. Walmart will not rescan the phone without the receipt, and Straighttalk won't reset it without proof of purchase.

I have talked to customer service multiple times, and been on the phone for at least an hour trying to resolve this issue. It is ridiculous that I cannot use my phone because Walmart didn't do their job correctly.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Service.

Preferred solution: activate the phone.

Comments

to Terrell johnson #1408656

Seeking to activate a STRAIGHT TALK (Alcatel Onetouch Pop Icon) wireless phone that wasn't scanned properly upon purchase. Ideas???

to Terrell johnson #1414545

I need help

to Terrell johnson #1430476

I need help. Got ripped off yesterday on this bogus phone . Lexieleigh80@yahoo.com

Maria from Straight Talk : you guys need a easy way for people to check imei numbers with out calling, you guys are rude and it takes for ever to get help .im like every body else here not scanned properly now im stuck with a $300 phone i cant use .i will try the email you posted but i know its now going to help

chanell13181
to bob #1405507

I thought I was the only one with this problem-- did you figure out how to resolve ??

Gloversville, New York, United States #1227302

Maris ST. Can Straight just activate the phone if you don't have the receipt as long as the phone wasn't reported stolen?

I mean you can't just kill the phone. I spent 125.00 plus a case.

That's really bad business if Straight Talk did that. Too too many complaints about this issue that Straight should resolve.

to Anonymous #1227637
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. We need to check the status of the phone.

For further assistance, please contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355 or click on this link http://bit.ly/19Cre0y to chat with live agent. Our representatives are available Monday to Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

to MariaST #1280511

I tried to call and they didn't help at all wast of time

Jennybowser7202
to MariaST Chicora, Pennsylvania, United States #1291599

I have this same problem my daughter purchased a Straight Talk phone for me as a birthday gift from Walmart she lost the receipt and didn't think it would be a problem but I called to activate the phone and they told me to take it back to Walmart and rudely I might add,When I took the phone in the original box with everything it came with back to Walmart they told me it must not have been properly scanned and was treated basically like my daughter is a thief!! I now have an $80 phone that is useless because as they put it one of thier employees didn't scan it properly or my daughter is a thief I wouldn't recommend buying a Straight Talk phone to ANYONE at this point

to MariaST Ashburn, Virginia, United States #1303361

Hey I have the same problem I have a Samsung s7 is not properly scanned I don't know how to activated and I don't have the receipt.

#1198589

I just bought a phone off of eBay. I called straight talk before purchasing to make sure it wasn't attached to anyones account & could be activated, StraightTalk said the phone was good to activate. I just picked up my mail today & for some reason now StraightTalk is saying the phone was not properly scanned & will not activate it since I bought it from a 3rd party.

Since I see their are a ton of people going through the same thing & we are StraightTalk customers....I am seriously thinking of starting a class action just for the fact Not Properly Scanned means it was scanned & StraightTalk is punishing us for their poorly made system.

to MissRenee #1654152

Terrible

Colleyville, Texas, United States #1198540

I have the same problem! The phone was bought for me as a birthday gift, so of course I have no receipt.

Walmart won't rescan it nor will Straight Talk reset it!! Its bogos BS! Straight Talk is a good company but need better customer service! Really can't afford another phone!

Need help with this one! Spent to much money on this one to let it go to waste!

Get better customer service please! AT&T gives credits why can't y'all reset phones?

Cranford, New Jersey, United States #1198253

Then I stand upon properly right I need to activate it

North Providence, Rhode Island, United States #1189589

Me too I ordered at walmart.com for my son they cancelled my order twice talked to Walmart customer service so I went into the store to purchase it and mail to my son I bought it brought it home and went to activate it and they said it wasn't scanned right even after Walmart took a pic of the serial numbers for inventory and now they said take it to Walmart I don't have the receipt so Walmart won't scan it or exchange it and Straight Talk will not help and basically told me I wasted my money on a iphone and $45 straight talk card I can't believe a company could treat their customers like this so I can activate my phone or get my money back!!!!!

to Anonymous #1190044
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

to MariaST Bel Air, Maryland, United States #1207968

Maria my name is Eric was given a straight talk phone Buy my great grandmother and as you can imagine she doesn't know much about technology she told me that when she purchased it it had a speaker device on the front which I do believe she was referring to that spider wire that has the speaker on the front and the cables going around the boxes so no one can steal him he told me that you know she had took it to The counter and they took the security off and scanned at him when she gave it to me the day before she left she was actually in town for the last three weeks I went to activate it they told me it couldn't be because it wasn't activated through I guess Walmart I'm arena I I have all the directions and all through straight talk I'm she has no idea where they are The receipt is in the box well I mean I the box is already in the trash him I didn't think it was going to be something like this or I would've actually would've how long till one if there's anyway you could help me out and you can call me at 410-925-3044 my name is Eric I'm I do have the phone I'm still just trying to figure out how to get it turned on so you know so my great-grandmother didn't waste $199

My phone wasn't scanned scanned properly either so I can't use it

Can i switch from boost mobile to straight-talk

to Anonymous #1148367
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi. You can bring phones from other provider with our Bring Your Own Phone program. If you need further assistance, please send us an email with your account information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.