Covington, Virginia
9.6K views

A Straighttalk phone was purchased for me, and when I went to activate it, they said it was not scanned properly when it was purchased at Walmart. Since someone else purchased the phone for me, I do not have the receipt.

No one will help me since I do not have proof of purchase. Now I have an almost $200 phone that I cannot do anything with. Walmart will not rescan the phone without the receipt, and Straighttalk won't reset it without proof of purchase.

I have talked to customer service multiple times, and been on the phone for at least an hour trying to resolve this issue. It is ridiculous that I cannot use my phone because Walmart didn't do their job correctly.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Service.

Preferred solution: activate the phone.

Comments

#1190044

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

#1207968
@MariaST

Maria my name is Eric was given a straight talk phone Buy my great grandmother and as you can imagine she doesn't know much about technology she told me that when she purchased it it had a speaker device on the front which I do believe she was referring to that spider wire that has the speaker on the front and the cables going around the boxes so no one can steal him he told me that you know she had took it to The counter and they took the security off and scanned at him when she gave it to me the day before she left she was actually in town for the last three weeks I went to activate it they told me it couldn't be because it wasn't activated through I guess Walmart I'm arena I I have all the directions and all through straight talk I'm she has no idea where they are The receipt is in the box well I mean I the box is already in the trash him I didn't think it was going to be something like this or I would've actually would've how long till one if there's anyway you could help me out and you can call me at 410-925-3044 my name is Eric I'm I do have the phone I'm still just trying to figure out how to get it turned on so you know so my great-grandmother didn't waste $199

My phone wasn't scanned scanned properly either so I can't use it

Can i switch from boost mobile to straight-talk

@Anonymous

Hi. You can bring phones from other provider with our Bring Your Own Phone program. If you need further assistance, please send us an email with your account information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

#1209645
@MariaST

Since your with straight talk why can't you just help? I've give you guys entirely too much money for bad service just because Wal-Mart didn't do their job right and won't help without the receipt that was thrown away....emailing that email you keep sending everyone isn't solving the problem.

I HAVE to have my phone for my job and I need my phone connected with this 55$ card that was bought.. that email isn't helping and I can't get a helpful answer from anyone.

I'm going through the same thing and paid over $200 for the phone and it was a Christmas gift. So what do you so ????

How can this be fixed? Help

@Anonymous

Order a new sim card from walmart.com. 99 cents and you're set.

@Anonymous

They are telling me also that my phone needs re scanned. Which straight talk sim card do I need to buy?

I have the galaxy s5. Thank you

@Anonymous

Does it actually work cause I was gonna but one

@Anonymous

Does this actually work with a straight talk phone that was not scanned properly at Walmart?

Does this really work?

Your friend is a theif...probably...lol

#982013

Listen to this guys, I purchase overstock returns and exchanges from walmart, I buy 3-5 pallets at a time for my retail store. One of the pallets has a bunch of unopened straight talk phones in the pallet.

I sell 80% of my inventory online on ebay, was contacted by a customer and they said they could not activate the phone because it was not scanned properly.

I do not know what to do....... Now im out close to 1000 worth of inventory because i can not get them scanned so my customers can use them, someone help please.....

@Anonymous

Did you ever find a way to do something about these?

#1202907
@Anonymous

Did you ever resolve this issue I do the same but out of a store and having this issue

#1203970
@rich n shel

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I had the same issue with a verizon jetpack hotspot bought at walmart. Verizon said it wasn't scanned properly, so the "PID block" wasn't removed.

The UPC was definitely scanned, which is supposed to trigger that removal.

I know this for one because I was standing there when the clerk scanned it, and also because I had the receipt that resulted from the scan.

Wal-Mart did, however, rebate my money. I retreated to a Verizon store.

MariaST

Hi. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Please send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away. Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number.

Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email. Thank you.