Covington, Virginia
8.9K views

A Straighttalk phone was purchased for me, and when I went to activate it, they said it was not scanned properly when it was purchased at Walmart. Since someone else purchased the phone for me, I do not have the receipt.

No one will help me since I do not have proof of purchase. Now I have an almost $200 phone that I cannot do anything with. Walmart will not rescan the phone without the receipt, and Straighttalk won't reset it without proof of purchase.

I have talked to customer service multiple times, and been on the phone for at least an hour trying to resolve this issue. It is ridiculous that I cannot use my phone because Walmart didn't do their job correctly.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Service.

Preferred solution: activate the phone.

Comments

to MariaST Coatesville, Pennsylvania, United States #1209645

Since your with straight talk why can't you just help? I've give you guys entirely too much money for bad service just because Wal-Mart didn't do their job right and won't help without the receipt that was thrown away....emailing that email you keep sending everyone isn't solving the problem.

I HAVE to have my phone for my job and I need my phone connected with this 55$ card that was bought.. that email isn't helping and I can't get a helpful answer from anyone.

I'm going through the same thing and paid over $200 for the phone and it was a Christmas gift. So what do you so ????

How can this be fixed? Help

to Anonymous #1087335
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

to Anonymous #1131730

Order a new sim card from walmart.com. 99 cents and you're set.

to Anonymous #1161019

They are telling me also that my phone needs re scanned. Which straight talk sim card do I need to buy?

I have the galaxy s5. Thank you

to Anonymous #1223510

Does it actually work cause I was gonna but one

to Anonymous Charlottesville, Virginia, United States #1224777

Does this actually work with a straight talk phone that was not scanned properly at Walmart?

to Anonymous #1301599

Does this really work?

Your friend is a theif...probably...lol

#982013

Listen to this guys, I purchase overstock returns and exchanges from walmart, I buy 3-5 pallets at a time for my retail store. One of the pallets has a bunch of unopened straight talk phones in the pallet.

I sell 80% of my inventory online on ebay, was contacted by a customer and they said they could not activate the phone because it was not scanned properly.

I do not know what to do....... Now im out close to 1000 worth of inventory because i can not get them scanned so my customers can use them, someone help please.....

to Anonymous #1179954

Did you ever find a way to do something about these?

to Anonymous Clinton, Tennessee, United States #1202907

Did you ever resolve this issue I do the same but out of a store and having this issue

to rich n shel #1203970
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Georgetown, Texas, United States #955591

I had the same issue with a verizon jetpack hotspot bought at walmart. Verizon said it wasn't scanned properly, so the "PID block" wasn't removed.

The UPC was definitely scanned, which is supposed to trigger that removal.

I know this for one because I was standing there when the clerk scanned it, and also because I had the receipt that resulted from the scan.

Wal-Mart did, however, rebate my money. I retreated to a Verizon store.

Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Please send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away. Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number.

Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email. Thank you.

to MariaST Mobile, Alabama, United States #955797

I am going thru the same problem with my straighttalk phone I received as a gift for Christmas. I cant activate it because customer service says it wasnt scanned properly and I have to take it back to place.of purchase.

Not only did had the receipt been thrown way before I opened my gift but I myself had thrown away the box night before and trash was picked up that morning. How can I resolve this issue? I have had straighttalk service for years now and no problems love my service, but this is a big issue for me.

Nobody has been able to assist me or anything with customer service.plz contact email me what options I have. $300 phone I cant use!

to MariaST #981754

I am having this same bogus problem with the phone card I bought a few weeks ago, I bought a straight talk phone thru Walmart .com it didn't arrive for months. Someone else was evidently using it b4 they sent it to me.

I have been treated like a criminal ever since when it was notmy bad. There has been nothing Ivan do about it. It really *** me off! And now as they tighten down the screws they re not even going to let me activate it anymore.

Thieving from me the cost of a worthless phone card whe I can least afford it and need a phone more now ever since my husband has severe medical problems & I must b able to receive calls .

There r lies against type of anti trust corruption. From reading the comments, if u notice the problem occurs when one person buys the phone for another cuz they only want those who buy it to use r2qvue

to Visme #1038115

Hi am also having a problem activating my moto e cell phone that was bought for me as a birthday present. I was told by the customer service that it was not properly scanned.

I have no receipt because it was a gift n it my friend cannot find the receipt. Please help.

to MariaST #1078782

Hi my name is Cain and I bought a s4 mini on e bay and they said it was not scanned what can I do my number is 7317804031

to MariaST #1137412

Maria seems to be a magical creature. Same name and reply to every complaint on every site.

Straight talk is a ripoff.

When you finally do get someone it's always "we need to update your information". They don't have a clue, nor can I understand a thing there saying due to accent and background noise.