State: Tennessee City: Nashville Clear all filters (3 of 1877 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show
2.3
I want everyone to know about Staight Talk wireless. Do not purchase the UNLIMITED card from them. The card is deceptive. There is no Unlimited plan! They put a cap on your usage at 5GB. If you go over that your speed drops to 64 kilobits per second. So in any...
MariaST

Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Straight Talk Wireless in Nashville, Tennessee - Excessive data

Update by user May 02, 2013

I forgot to add on while Wal-Mart is the exclusive dealer for this company they DO NOT encourage their associates to use it. It's not one of the companies that they have negotiated a discounted rate for. I really should have paid attention to that before i joined up with them.

Update by user May 02, 2013

Since my last post I have gone back to a contract phone. But that wasn't the end of the fun Straight Talk decided to have with me.

I had my new carrier port my number over to their service about 2 weeks before my refill would have occurred. The new carriers tech support said with the 5 minutes that he has spent on the phone with Straight Talk's tech support he was surprised I had stayed as long as i did.

The other day I get an email saying that my service refill is coming up and blah blah blah. I called them up and explained that I had removed my phone number and myself from their service and that they needed to make sure that I wouldn't be billed for another month. The guy on the other end apparently heard "I want to unenroll (their word) for the auto refill for my phone." His response was to rattle off that I save money by having it taken straight from my account. I again said i wasn't with them anymore I am not supposed to be billed by them again and could he please make sure i wasn't going to be billed again. He tells me he can unenroll me in the auto refill but that being so close to the payment date it will still take the money out of my account. I had to take a deep breath at this point, and make sure i was hearing this correctly "so since i removed my phone number and myself from your services well before the new payment cycle started but i didn't unenroll with one of you i still have to pay for a month i'm not going to use with you?" "Ma'am you can always request a refund." "i shouldn't have to ask for a refund for something i'm not purchasing." "i'm sorry ma'am there's no way to stop the computer from doing this."

I assured the guy there was something i could do and wished him a wonderful day. My next phone call was to my bank talking to them for 5 minutes explaining the situation. Because it was linked to my debit card they couldn't stop the payment but i could cancel my card and pick the new one up the next day at my local branch. Which is what i did.

Today i get an email telling me that my phone is going to be shut off if i don't buy a refill card. Wait i thought that wouldn't kick in until next month?

Original review posted by user Apr 01, 2013

Last night my phone starts flashing an error code 67. No big deal i just have to call tech support and they'll fix it like they did last month. wow was i wrong. i have just spent 3 HOURS trying to get somebody to listen and turn my data back on. apparently i was using excessive data and they cut off the date portion of my UNLIMITED plan. i tried to stay polite but some of the people were just so down right rude and arrogant. they kept transferring me to some Data department that was nothing but teleprompts, after they assured me that there was going to be a human at the other end of the line. It took me almost an hour and 5 phone calls to have them track down how much is considered excessive data (apparently 1.5 gb). They then were pretty much accusing me of breaking their Terms of Service, "well do you have a home computer ma'am?" "yes i do." "well ma'am you can't use your phone to connect your home computer to the Internet." "I'm not" "well ma'am that is just an example of something we call tethering." So i go round and round and round trying to get somebody that can turn my data back on. i keep hearing "oh we're not allowed to do that" or "oh we can't do that from here." Somewhere in that company is somebody that can turn on the data, they can over ride the computer and fix the issues, which apparently they're having a ton of. i finally had enough and asked to talk to the ranking manager that was on duty since nobody else would listen, i waited on hold for almost 30 minutes only to hear the phone pick up and then get hung up. I called back and from the start said i want to speak to the ranking manager that is currently on duty in the company. repeated the issues over and over and over again. i finally find somebody that's semi listening (i think) the most she'll, do cause she can't turn on the data, is give me 5 free days at the end of this service cycle. Now hang on, she can't give me my data back but she can give me 5 days of free service at the end of this cycle; so instead of going 4-6 days without my data I'd be going 9-11 days without the data. I've had it with this company, yeah the price is good but i never had issues like this with my contract phones. time to go back.
Service
Straight Talk Wireless Phone Plan
Loss
I purchased the nokia e 71 phone from Wal Mart and also purchased a 6 month card for unlimited talk text and data use after about 3 months I receive a so called courtesy call from them complaining i was using excessive data. How do yu have excessive use on an unlimited...

I got tired of paying though the nose and switched to straight talk. DON'T DO IT!

Customer service is almost non existent. Problems from the begining. If you need help, good luck. You will be on hold for 45 minutes to ?

I have waited as long as 90 minutes.

Shop around for better deals, but straight talk is not it. Leaving them is even MORE frustrating.

View more comments