Covington, Georgia
2.0

I purchased an iPhone from ebay that runs from Verizon towers. Specifically said it works for Straight Talk. I called ST to have service transferred from my old iPhone to this new one. The woman with a very thick accent asked for a number in case we get disconnected. Paid an extra $5 for something, couldn't understand her, who knows. Said all is done.

I get an email from ST with the summary info and I notice they used the CALLBACK number for the number to be transferred (which happens to be my teenage sons phone number who is also with ST). So I call back. First heavy accent lady couldn't figure out what to do and I got so frustrated I hung up.

Second dude spends 20 minutes "reading my file". Of course, somehow we get disconnected.

Called another time. Got another not-as-heavily accented woman who needed 5 minutes to think and knocked the whole problem out of the water. Got my son's phone working again and got the process started for my phone.

Now my old phone is deactivated and my new phone is not even activated. I have no access to anything. Well, the wi-fi works. Normally, ST is fantastic about instantly (or near instantly) activating a phone of mine. I've used them for years. I know that it can take up to two days to activate (!!!!) but it still frustrates me this whole process.

*Especially when there's a troubleshooting issue, I don't think it's such a good idea to give a non-native heavy-accented individual to the customer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Service Transfer.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Straight Talk Wireless Cons: Poor service quality, Un-activatable phone.

• Language Barrier

Comments

MariaST

I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk. Please let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away.