Bought a hotspot with the thinking that since I like my phone service, that the hotspot service would be good as well. But thus far, the service is proving to be anything but good. The night I got the hotspot I charged it up only. The next morning I went o configure it. Got all the way to make my hotspot secure. It would circulate & circulate, and time out. after several attempts, got on the phone with customer service. Customer service rep would start going through the same process, and get as far as I did, they would get frustrated and tell me to hang on while they transferred me to another rep. Finally after three reps assisting me in a 45 minute period of time. The last rep stated she didn't know what to do either, and tried to blame it on my computer.

Here I am a week later, and being able to use it, but as a unsecured network only!

Now to give Straight Talk the benefit of the doubt, I had tried other equipment such as another laptop, a Kindle pad & my phone, but the problem still exist. I even thought of the time of day might be the issue. Slower speeds with more users using the network, that however does not change my circumstances.

So in short, versus taking 40 minutes or more again with the company, I will seek a friends help whom is a IT tech and whom I can understand. Unfortunately, between the background noise of the reps at straight Talk, poor headsets with mic's that are not clear over the phone, and many reps whom do not speak English well, the service is poor!

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Mobile Hotspot Plan.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

MariaST

Hi PiquantPiranha. My name is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you had with our customer service and we are going to take steps to ensure that this situation does not repeat itself. Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.