Carrollton, Georgia
1.8

Refilled my Service around Dec 19th. The "Unlimited plan" Since then I have gotten the Straight Talk Msg: Your allotted high speed data limit has been reached.

Your data speed will be reduced for the remainder of your plan's 30 day cycle.Thank You. A total of 3 times. First time on Dec24 (750MB ish) and they tried to say I went through all my data for the month (In under a week) Then I got the message on Jan6 (1.2GB ish) Both times I has to call and spend hours on the phone with several reps for them to reset it and get it to work again (The rep I talked to said it was a KNOWN issue and fixed it case #1105178120) Now tonight (less than 2GB) once again I got this message saying I used all my data up. First I got on Chat, (Lee) said he couldnt help I would have to call gave me an Access code.

I called and talked to Yet another Rep (Rep Kim ID #521529) Said that he hadn't dealt with anything like this and he would try to fix it. NOPE was told I must be tethering or violation TOS somehow and that is how I got the message and that the rep last week was incorrect about there being a known problem.. I asked for a supervisor and almost half an hour later I was still waiting on the Supervisor (George). While every few minutes Kim would come on the phone and try to read me the TOS he thinks i "MIGHT" have violated.

I ended up asking for corp number and supposedly he did not know it but he gave me this Email address. In the past week I have spent many hours on the phone and not getting anything fixed. A friend of mine worked for Walmart in the connection center and says I am pretty much screwed, Straight talk as well as ALL the other companies are all fighting for tower usage So basically the big companies are giving preferred customers service first and shafting the rest of us. He dealt with all the different phone company reps and got to hear them all ranting about this kind of stuff.

I have now wasted several hours of my time and my friends time and still havent gotten this resolved.

Reason of review: False Advertising, Bait and Switch, Capping/Throttling.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Straight Talk Wireless Pros: Nothing except the price.

Straight Talk Wireless Cons: Whole experience, Customer service staff, Rudeness of customer service, Being lied to, Misleading terms of service, Throttling, Capping.

Comments

Aireana

Ive ha the exact same problem. They will just give you the run around and hang up on you.

I have talked with several reps via email and still i am wrong they are right. Dont wait your time and money on this company.

MariaST

I too have had many issues with my phone, but I found this email address to the company and they fixed my problem right away. Some problems may require a little more time to fix but the people at this address are very good.

Try it.

The email address is ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. Also give them your name and account cell phone or serial number or you can chat with them live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW .

MariaST

Hi. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Please let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away.

Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number. Thanks.

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews