6.8K views

I purchased a cell phone at Walmart-Reno, NV and the gal even called and set it all up for me that day.I purchased a Straight Talk plan with phone that Walmart offers.

On the 16th day it just died. Couldn't get nothing out of it. Tried charging it and all that but still nothing. So my husband and I took it back to Walmart.

They said they wouldn't refund us because it was over 15 days. Can you believe it - it died on the 16th day. They told me to contact either Samsung or Straight Talk. So I call Samsung.

Since it's some kind of contractual thing between them and Straight Talk they weren't responsible to give refunds on these particular phones. Told me to call Straight Talk. I did. The first guy was to new to be able to deal with the situation.

So I was transferred to another person. (Oh, I purchased it on 2.10.12 and called them around 3.23.12) She could not help me so I was transferred to a supervisor. I couldn't believe what they told me. They do not give refunds after 30 days.

Now that phone DIED on the 16TH DAY. We had just purchased a house and were in the process of moving etc. So I didn't call them immediately. The phone sat in its original box with all paperwork/accessories for what?

A couple of weeks. That's all it did. We never dropped the phone and it never got wet. It wasn't used and abused.

So I read their "terms and conditions" as best as I could. And no where did it state anything about no refunds under 30 days. I am furious. I emailed them and stated that anywhere I could write a bad review about their products and services, I would.

So I have. At Amazon.com, Facebook and Walmart.com. And I'm not done. So just beware.

I guess good customer service doesn't mean anything anymore. And the quality of products sold at Walmart by Straight Talk are really poor. I mean I spent around $100.00 for a cell phone that lasted, well, only 15 days. If you as a consumer have the time you should read some of the reviews at Amazon.com.

Apparently I'm not the only one who had this particular cell phone just DIE.By the way, its a Samsung Model #T528G.

Review about: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Plan.

Had an Experience with Straight Talk Wireless?

Comments

Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States #1273187

Totally agree with you.I bought three phones and all were duds.

I foortunately was able to exchange them. The last phine i bought was the samsung galaxy. It has worked fine for the first 6 months but now heats ralidly (I wonder why%/#!@=#.LoL). It also wont hold a charge and freezes up frequently.

I also have to turn the phophone off to get a decent charge. It is clear that while the convenience of going the prepaid route is a great deal the quality of the phones are clearly defective. With these stories being so prevalent and frequent it is obvious that Walmart has concocted a deal with these phone makers to purchase items that are marked irregular at best. I strongly believe Walmart should be investigated for this issue and should be made(you would think that this monopulous giant would do so voluntarily and try to look caring to its millions of customers who allow it to thrive, while they treat their own employees horribly * rant for another time) Its as if they know the odds of these poorly engineered phones have a short lived capacity.

Im in favor of a lawsuit against this ungrateful monopoly."DON'T TREAD ON ME!"

Elk River, Minnesota, United States #1271377

I just got a galaxy sky straight talk phone from Wal-Mart and it keep shutting off and I haven't had it 2 weeks and thay told me I can't get my money back and I paid $148 for it I'll never buy another one from Wal-Mart straight talk need to do something about it

Topeka, Kansas, United States #1256738

I also bought a Samsung galaxy core prime from Walmart its been cutting out and getting stuck. Bad business

Harvey, North Dakota, United States #1237228

Yes, I Believe it since the policy is 15 days not 16.

So you're complaining because YOU waited to long to return it TWICE?SMH Straight Talk is cheaper than any contract service out there.

I've had them for years and i'll never go back. If I bought a phone and it went bad and I waited to long to return it i'd blame myself. I'm guessing you bought the phone refurbished and that was your third mistake. If it was new it would have had a warranty.

This is a live and learn situation.You must always pay attention to the fine print of anything you buy that you want to last.

Thanks for sharing this.That helped me a lot.

I would like to share with you a great service to merge some files online.

I just merged 3 PDF files with an online software.I used http://www.altomerge.com/ and also here http://pdf.ac/6eyb9l and it's very easy to use.

Informative commentary - my friend a few days ago made use of http://pdf.ac/5fpqUM to merge pdf , It's extremely straightforward to navigate and it's comprehensive . I think I heard that they have a 30 day promotion ongoing

#1019959

I said when Sam Walton died the place would go to Hades, and it gets worse all the time..........on EVERYTHING!I can understand if you take something back that is way past production, etc.

, BUT I agree with you 100 percent on your issue $100 is not play money, and is not easily come by, to most of us.I say eventually, Karma will *** them in the butt!

Moscow, Pennsylvania, United States #844870

Hi we also are having same problem we bought protection plan & extended warrantee ..we had so many problems getting service in the most open areas phone would beep for no reason while speaking & cut in & out constantly we brought them back to Walmart where we purchased them we where assured if there were any problems we would get new phones or if we discontinued service we would get back $100.00 for each phone we didn't even care of it was store credit the sales person assured us the facts above ..we went back saw him personally because I hot his name & he denied taking care of us or making statements about return policy & told us to call straight talk after speaking to 5 different people that could hardly speak English or we could understand we are still stuck with 2 phones ..we had to go back to At&t we are both disabled and only need cell phones as a necessity we even tried filling form online & that just sent us back to square one Walmart .. need advice pls .. desperate

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #694939

they have changed-- just returned a phone I had for 6 months.the charging port on it was loose.

They guarantee against defects for 1 year- and they have CHEAP insurance for accidents( broken screens etc)I have had straighttalk for over 4 years now.I'm still satisfied.