I purchased a cell phone at Walmart-Reno, NV and the gal even called and set it all up for me that day.I purchased a Straight Talk plan with phone that Walmart offers.
On the 16th day it just died. Couldn't get nothing out of it. Tried charging it and all that but still nothing. So my husband and I took it back to Walmart.
They said they wouldn't refund us because it was over 15 days. Can you believe it - it died on the 16th day. They told me to contact either Samsung or Straight Talk. So I call Samsung.
Since it's some kind of contractual thing between them and Straight Talk they weren't responsible to give refunds on these particular phones. Told me to call Straight Talk. I did. The first guy was to new to be able to deal with the situation.
So I was transferred to another person. (Oh, I purchased it on 2.10.12 and called them around 3.23.12) She could not help me so I was transferred to a supervisor. I couldn't believe what they told me. They do not give refunds after 30 days.
Now that phone DIED on the 16TH DAY. We had just purchased a house and were in the process of moving etc. So I didn't call them immediately. The phone sat in its original box with all paperwork/accessories for what?
A couple of weeks. That's all it did. We never dropped the phone and it never got wet. It wasn't used and abused.
So I read their "terms and conditions" as best as I could. And no where did it state anything about no refunds under 30 days. I am furious. I emailed them and stated that anywhere I could write a bad review about their products and services, I would.
So I have. At Amazon.com, Facebook and Walmart.com. And I'm not done. So just beware.
I guess good customer service doesn't mean anything anymore. And the quality of products sold at Walmart by Straight Talk are really poor. I mean I spent around $100.00 for a cell phone that lasted, well, only 15 days. If you as a consumer have the time you should read some of the reviews at Amazon.com.
Apparently I'm not the only one who had this particular cell phone just DIE.By the way, its a Samsung Model #T528G.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Samsung T528G Cell Phone
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "4 years ago we started with Century Link in Las Vegas. Loved it. Had Prism TV. Loved it as well. Moved to Florida and immediately called Century Link. Found out..."
- "Do yourself a favor and don't have anything to do with these scammers - Jani Ghaffor AKA Jani GMoney AKA Jani G/Chuck Sterling/Digital River Inc/SWREG/CardQuery/PinYourIncome/Pin Cyclone.In researching ways to profit..."
- "I agree 100% HGTV is for the rich does not represent the average or the poor of the USA. I'm 90 years old have written called begged HGTV to help..."
- "like the title says, your decision to change the artificial sweetener was a bad move. Your decision was completely political, multiple independent studies have shown that there are no negative..."
- "I am 100 percent dissatisfied with the results of the project and the Reno, NV Lowes is refusing to correct the job. I reside in a community governed by..."
- "This is the horrible, pathetic arrangement that was sent to me for Valentine's Day. Guys - if you want to keep a good woman, NEVER send her ProFlowers. ..."
- "My husband decided to surprise our daughter on her 3rd birthday by sending her a box containing gifts, that's why he even did not tell me...He chose air cargo delivery..."
- "It is a best online store. I have order many dresses on this website but one time they deliver me after one day of delivery time! But it was not..."
- "Ordered premier flowers ($85.00) with mylar balloon for birthday. Paid extra to have delivered before 1:00 pm. Called several time to confirm. NO delivery before 1:00 pm...."