Mesa, Arizona

I bought a phone and a 90 day phone card from Walmart 2 months ago. Walmart activated my new phone with a new number.

I was promised I could call Straight Talk and transfer my number from my old straight talk plan to my new phone. When I called Straight Talk, they told me I could, but I had to pay an additional $30. I didn't want to pay extra, so I told them to turn off my old phone. Hours later when I tried to use my new phone, I discovered that they had not only cut the service on my old phone, but the new one too!

I called (this took hours) and finally they turned on my new phone. I then started receiving someone else's texts and phone calls. I did not realize until that evening, when I received an angry phone call from a man, that they had given me a totally different phone number when they reactivated it. This man had a perfectly good working phone, with another network, and all of a sudden his service was gone that day.

His son had been trying to get a hold of him to pick him up. So when the man called and asked me what I was doing with his phone number. I had to ask what his phone number was, and then I realized that had changed my number to his! How could they even do that?

When I called (had to wait till morning when they opened) they wouldn't believe me because they couldn't understand. You will never, ever reach anyone that speaks fluent English. They kept saying that no, you get a number that has been disconnected by someone who got rid of their phone. I had to tell them several times, no, I got someone's good live number.

Crazy! Needless to say, I was on the phone for many problems for the first 2 days, at least 7-8 hours per day. Since that time, they keep trying to cut my service by saying I only have a few days left of service. I called again today to straighten this out and explain I bought the 90 day card.

Each one promises the problem has been taken care of. Don't use Straight Talk!

I wish I could send this to someone where it would do some good, but it is impossible to talk to anyone that cares at Straight Talk.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Plan.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Straight Talk Wireless Cons: Customer service, Being lied to, Misleading terms of service, Customer service staff.

Comments

My name is Jessica and you should file a complaint with the BBB because Im having a major problem with this company as well.

MariaST
@Jessica

Hi Jessica! My name is Maria.

What seems to be the problem? We can help you. Please send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away.

Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number. Thanks.

MariaST