South China, Maine

Straight Talk has terrible customer service. I will never have anything to do with them again and recommend anyone else to stay well away from them.

At the beginning of November I went on the Straight Talk website to check if my phone would work with the 'bring you own device' option. I have an AT&T unlocked phone. I went through the process of entering my IMEI number and zip code and was told Straight Talk would be compatible with my phone. I was kind of worried so made sure to check this again through the customer service on their website, where you do a live chat with someone. I told them my IMEI, zip code and type of phone as I also wasn't sure which type of sim to order. After all this I felt confident that everything would work fine on my phone so I went ahead and ordered the sim and $45 top up.

When i received it and tried to set it up I was told my zip code was not compatible and it wouldn't work in my area.

I wasted two hours on the phone with their customer service who just repeatably told me they do not refund anything bought through the 'Bring your own phone' program. Actually, they first told me to send the box back and when I mentioned that it says on the box that they do not refund through the 'Bring your own phone' program she said yes that is correct so they really just wanted me to send the whole box back but were never intending to give me a refund.

I do not understand how they can sell me a product with the understanding that it will work on my phone, in my area and then when I get it tell me this is not the case and that they do not offer a refund.

I am so upset with this company and so sorry to see so many others have been messed up and cast aside by them.

This is a horrible company who do not care about their customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Customer Care.

I didn't like: Customer service, Being lied to, Misleading terms of service.

Comments

MariaST

Hi. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Please let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away. Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number.

Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email. Thanks.