Coverage Area
Style and Design

On 5/29/2019 I loaded 1G of data on this hotspot. I was using it with a Republic Wireless Moto X phone for 15 minutes of navigation on 5/30/2019.

When I got to my destination the data was gone. I called customer service and they said I had used up the data. Lucky for me my phone tracks hotspot data usage. I had used 14.37 MB of data.

!G of data is 1000 MB. I told them that I would screen shot this and send all the information to the Miami headquarters if they did not restore my data. They finally restored my data. I think they are stealing the data and using it in their third world countries.

I had used an Internet on the Go device for 5 years with my Republic Wireless phone because I only use data for navigation. The minutes carried over so I only spent about $40 for data in 5 years. The device finally died.

I expected alot more from Walmart than this. I plan to write to corporate headquarters.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Mobile Hotspot Plan.

Reason of review: international theft of data.

I didn't like: Customer service in third world countries is stealing data.

Comments

MariaST
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi debcaswell99. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I'm sorry that you are having issues with your data. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355.

Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

to MariaST #1696514

The people stealing the data are the people at that phone number and they are in a third world country. I spoke with five different people five different times.

I mailed a letter to Straight Talk in Miami on Monday and will send one addressed to CEO Doug McMillan. This is a fake autoreply.

There is no Maria at Straight Talk Wireless. Amazon is going to turn Walmart into a grocery store only with these kinds of business practices.